Laminated Vaccine Card okay at boarding?

Native Floridian 26

9 minutes ago, styles27 said:

I don’t see why not in fact the Staples here in Rhode Island did them for free for anyone who wanted them done per the DOH encouraging us to do it. 

Yes, that's when we had ours laminated.  Long before talk of boosters.  Since ships have been sailing out of Florida, I was hoping someone would comment with their experience.

Edited by Native Floridian 26

20 minutes ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

Is MSC okay with the card being laminated when presented for checkin?

I would highly advise against that.

Actually my daughter is an RN and told us outright no because when they disperse the 3rd dose they won't be able to add it to your current card.

Steve

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Actually my daughter is an RN and told us outright no because when they disperse the 3rd dose they won't be able to add it to your current card.

Steve

Hindsight is 2020.  The question is if they have any problem with them at checkin.  They're already laminated.

Edited by Native Floridian 26
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Steve

I'm not sure this will be a problem. You can just get a new card when you get your booster. I forgot my card when I got my 2nd jab and was given a new one no problem. I know people who have lost their cards and gotten a new one.

Bottom line, a lot of people have laminated them so there will be *some* process for dealing with this.

And, like Native FL said, the Q was will it be a problem at the port. The short answer: NO.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Geobugs said:

Staples laminated mine for free.  Sailed on MSC Meraviglia on August 16th.  No problem.  They take a photo of it on their phone.

When we had ours done by Office Depot for free the technician would not laminate the original.  They handled them like any other government i.d. card like Social Security and Medicare cards.  She copied them and laminated the copies.  Which presents an interesting question.  MSC wants the ‘original not copies.’  It means we travel with both.  She cautioned us not to even put the ‘originals’ in a plastic sleeve for protection.  The ink does come off.  So we will just live with this third world problem.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kelleherdl said:

When we had ours done by Office Depot for free the technician would not laminate the original.  They handled them like any other government i.d. card like Social Security and Medicare cards.  She copied them and laminated the copies.  Which presents an interesting question.  MSC wants the ‘original not copies.’  It means we travel with both.  She cautioned us not to even put the ‘originals’ in a plastic sleeve for protection.  The ink does come off.  So we will just live with this third world problem.

I have mine in a plastic sleeve...ink has stay on no problem...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kelleherdl said:

Yes, Office Depot also made a copy of mine and laminated the copy. 

Mind you the copy is the same size as the original, so they probably wouldn't even notice that it isn't the original card. However, since they explicitly state that you must bring your original card (no copies or phone pics accepted) I really don't want to take any chance of being at the pier, so I'll bring the original card with me as well. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

You can buy little plastic pouches to slip them in, it protects them but is not permanent.

Available in all sizes on a well known auction site.

We did buy them off of Amazon.  They are great and you are protecting the card and are able to take it out when needed. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...