Changes to BOA points accrual..nov 2021

hcat

We stopped using our  original BOA Celeb card awhile ago when it was discontinued and became a BOA  Signature Rewards Card( cash back?)

After that we used our BOA ROYAL Points card  which was was good for X.  Worked well for us.  I know others did this as well.  Have not used it after all.our Celeb cruise refunds cleared through.

Just received notice that effective NOV 2021  the Program will change as to how points are accrued ..seems it only applies to Celeb or Royal C purchases although we found it confusing..

Notice says points will no longer be offered on Azamara ( makes sense)

And;

" earn 2 points( consisting of 1 bonys point abd 1 base point) for every $1 spent in net purchses of products or services obtained through Celeb cruises or Royal C up to the yearly maximum $1=2 points.  [Yearly max not specified]

" for any transaction to qualify for 2 points for every $...Celeb Cruises or Royal C must be identified as the merchant and appear as such on the monthly billing statement..."

We hope to apply our  existing points to our  upcoming final payment in Oct and also get a small OBC.

After that we'll switch to a cash back card..as this appears to be a  shrinkage of the perk program of this card! ???

Edited by hcat

Or maybe this is just a language change that  means points will be still be given for non Celeb/ Royal purchases and  same double pts for Celeb/ Royal purchases as in the past.

Will call to clarify  later today..but we are probably not needing this card going forward..either way!

3 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

I think they are clarifying that if you are paying through a travel agency that shows as a vendor, you don’t get the double points.

Oh my ..never thought of that.. Can trvl agents  submit  customer cards to X?

We never thought we had a yearly maximum.

I will say  that BOA was excellent in helping move our refunds along during the time when  nothing seemed to move.

I go through a travel agency and always use my BOA card.  The charge always shows from Celebrity Cruises so I get my double points.  The only real change is that they've removed Azamara Cruises since they are no longer owned by the RCL group.  So you still get double points for anything purchased through RCL or Celebrity, and then 1 point per dollar for anything else.  Azamara is now treated like any other merchant.  Hope this clarifies.

After this cruise, I am getting rid of my Royal BOA card. The only perk on the card is using the points for discounts and OBC for your cruise. Redeeming the points for OBC is just a ridiculous mess. The BOA side was easy. But I have been struggling with Celebrity trying to get the credits applied correctly. I have sent them the receipts several times and they still can’t get it right. I am still $25 short. Apparently it is a manual process.  This is just not worth my time anymore.