Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

1 minute ago, adamnoone said:

When are they opening the upgrade bids these days? My last 3 cruises got cancelled prior to final payment. I'm sailing 1/16/22 on the Encore and have got the upgrade banner yet. 

Thank you,

Adam

Im on Joy 1/9/22 and I got mine 4 days ago, so 55 days in advance.

3 hours ago, Pieson said:

just made my offer accepted! There were a total of 55 haven rooms Open on board. 
I won the Family villa with large balcony with a bid just slightly over the minimum! Put bids on every room in the haven. 

Very excited! now seems to be the best thing ever to get these rooms

That’s so exciting. Congrats! 

Edited by briguy1314
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, JTre said:

I’m in the encore 11/28 and just got an email that I was outbid and that “real time bidding” is now open.  Has anyone seen this before?  It only mentioned 1 of the 4 pending requests I have.  So, am I outbid in only one category or all?

Never heard of this happening before. What category cabin is this?

1 hour ago, sunshine4me2 said:

We are on the Getaway, 12/27, and have 4 upgrade bids for Haven staterooms.  Anyone hear anything yet?

We are on the cruise prior and haven't received any emails for bidding so either they're sold out (i highly doubt it) or the online TA we used doesn't participate....either way its just going to be nice to be somewhere warm for a few days this winter

58 minutes ago, Captain_Morgan said:

We are on the cruise prior and haven't received any emails for bidding so either they're sold out (i highly doubt it) or the online TA we used doesn't participate....either way its just going to be nice to be somewhere warm for a few days this winter

Log in and click on your cruise link.  Even if you don't get an email there is a good chance you will have a "Let's get you upgraded" banner across the top which you can then click on and bid for upgrades.  

1 hour ago, Captain_Morgan said:

If your TA is "C",  they don't participate.  But you can check here for certain

https://upgrade.plusgrade.com/offer/NCL/

So, I booked the 11/21 Gem on 11/16....OV Sailaway.  Cabin was assigned almost immediately....Deck 5, right under the galley.

Needless to day, I wasn't thrilled.

As of yesterday, no offer to bid for upgrade.  I was going to just bite the bullet and pay full price for a balcony (not sailaway).

Anyway...I got the offer to bid late yesterday afternoon...and bid the minimum for a balcony.

I "won it" this morning....Deck 10, right by the  mid-ship elevator, cabins above and below.  Perfect!

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

Wonderful!  That worked out great for you.

Actually...more than wonderful.

I had "a cancer scare" this week (I'm a breast cancer survivor) and I went out of network (self pay for $550) to get an expert opinion on my status.  The expert found nothing, but it was worth every penny to find out.  The upgrade more than balances out my medical expense!

• Like 9

22 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Actually...more than wonderful.

I had "a cancer scare" this week (I'm a breast cancer survivor) and I went out of network (self pay for $550) to get an expert opinion on my status.  The expert found nothing, but it was worth every penny to find out.  The upgrade more than balances out my medical expense!

Great news on your cancer scare. We have traveled all over the country and out of network for my husband’s cancer care and have never regretted the expense. Peace of mind knowing you have done the best you can is priceless. Enjoy your trip

• Like 2

5 hours ago, cruising sister said:

Great news on your cancer scare. We have traveled all over the country and out of network for my husband’s cancer care and have never regretted the expense. Peace of mind knowing you have done the best you can is priceless. Enjoy your trip

Cancer patient here as well..and were booked on NOLA for November 21,2021 but had to cancel due to my mother suffering a major stroke two weeks ago and I am the only child and am therefore the only one to help both her and my 97 year old father with this situation.

Feeling sad as we were supposed to fly out today to spend a couple of days in NOLA before sailing on Sunday.....

Hoping that someone bid on an upgrade as we are giving up the Deluxe Owner's Suite with Large Balcony....again, very sad.....but hoping to have another chance to sail real soon!

1 hour ago, chloemonkey said:

Cancer patient here as well..and were booked on NOLA for November 21,2021 but had to cancel due to my mother suffering a major stroke two weeks ago and I am the only child and am therefore the only one to help both her and my 97 year old father with this situation.

Feeling sad as we were supposed to fly out today to spend a couple of days in NOLA before sailing on Sunday.....

Hoping that someone bid on an upgrade as we are giving up the Deluxe Owner's Suite with Large Balcony....again, very sad.....but hoping to have another chance to sail real soon!

Prayers for you and your parents. Our parents lived well into their 90’s and we cancelled a couple of cruises to care for them. Hope things settle down and you can cruise soon. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, julig22 said:

If your TA is "C",  they don't participate.  But you can check here for certain

https://upgrade.plusgrade.com/offer/NCL/

Thanks for the link, but unfortunately for some reason it doesn't recognize my rez# despite it showing up just fine on the NCL site....guess its due to not having been offered the chance to bid so there's nothing to check?

I didn't book with "C" but i did book with Air Canada Vacations, which is odd if they didn't participate as I know they use the Plusgrade system for their flights...oh well, what to do?!?

Thank you Julig22

This morning the let’s get you upgraded disappeared. No email, no change for anything. I used the link you provided and it shows processing for the Haven 2 bedroom villa. We go from the club balcony suite with a large balcony to the Haven. In four days we are in NOLA for two days and next comes the Breakaway Haven.

27 minutes ago, DaggoB said:

Thank you Julig22

This morning the let’s get you upgraded disappeared. No email, no change for anything. I used the link you provided and it shows processing for the Haven 2 bedroom villa. We go from the club balcony suite with a large balcony to the Haven. In four days we are in NOLA for two days and next comes the Breakaway Haven.

That's awesome DaggoB - congratulations!!!  Have fun!  Do you mind sharing what range your winning bid was in?