Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

23 hours ago, sparkmaster said:

To me  the logic behind assigning upgrades when they do is a mystery. Revenue maximization has to be the highest priority, but that doesn't jive with upgrading folks (me!) who bid minimums with over a week to go until departure. I'd love to know the internal logic. 

It makes a lot of sense if they need the cabin you are currently in to award an upgrade to someone else, especially if that other party made a high bid.

All of my bids for the 12/4 Escape show expired except the two bedroom Haven. I can’t click on anything but no charge or room number change. Also all of the upgrade links and message in the app are gone so maybe that’s a good sign.

Edited by mmgibbs7
  • Like 2

Same for me, for my December 5th on the breakaway all bids expired accept the forward facing penthouse! That’s the one I wanted and I had the strongest bid for.  That’s the only one that still says pending. Anyone have any insight on this? 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, mmgibbs7 said:

All of my bids for the 12/4 Escape show expired except the two bedroom Haven. I can’t click on anything but no charge or room number change. Also all of the upgrade links and message in the app are gone so maybe that’s a good sign.

Look at your credit card (if you didn't use FCC for full-payment)!

• Like 1

I love Mondays on this post - always some 'action'.... hopefully me in two weeks (19 Dec departure)... definitely seeing a pattern, if your cruise leaves on the Sunday, then the Monday before the posts start regarding their bids... good luck people for cruises leaving this weekend... 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mmgibbs7 said:

You're golden!  You should get your cabin number in a couple of hours, if my experience last week is anything to go on.  I noticed one bid went to "processing" at around 11am, got the email confirmation of a winning bid to a 2BR suite at 1:43pm, and the room assignment email at 2:02pm.  Congratulations!!!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, wolft927 said:

Yup!!!! I am a winner, just got the upgrade email!!!!!!forward facing Penthouse on breakaway!!!!!!

Congrats!!! 
What was your winning bid? *if you don’t mind me asking!

Edited by jumbojem96
Politeness

1 hour ago, wolft927 said:

Yup!!!! I am a winner, just got the upgrade email!!!!!!forward facing Penthouse on breakaway!!!!!!

Have to catch you in the bar for a drink, we just got ours as well. Courtyard Penthouse. Not the one I had the highest bid on (2 bedroom) but should still be one hell of an experience.

Now to decide whether to drop the extra $500 on the upgraded drink package

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Juncti said:

Have to catch you in the bar for a drink, we just got ours as well. Courtyard Penthouse. Not the one I had the highest bid on (2 bedroom) but should still be one hell of an experience.

I bid on all and added the two bedroom later with minimum bid. I was hoping for one of the less expensive ones but was happy to get anything. Congratulations and enjoy your cruise!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Juncti said:

Congrats!   If I were you I would consider saving the money on the upgraded drink package.   

We have only done Haven once, but the bartenders at the Haven bar make every drink feel upgraded☺️

Absolutely! My wife Tess and I have a tendency to indulge in cocktails while on vacation lol. We aren’t upgrading the drink package, everything we pretty much drink is already included. See you in the haven bar lol

26 minutes ago, wolft927 said:

Absolutely! My wife Tess and I have a tendency to indulge in cocktails while on vacation lol. We aren’t upgrading the drink package, everything we pretty much drink is already included. See you in the haven bar lol

We do too, definitely drink more than at any other time in our lives but when you have servers around and essentially an open bar it's easy to just keep them flowing.

She has her eyes on that champagne that's like $35 a glass, I think she can drink enough to justify the upgrade on her own and anything I find will just be lagniappe