Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

I'm really happy for those of you who received upgrades on my sailing 12/26 out of NOLA on Breakaway.  I also am super sad that we bid in good range and not had a bid accepted going from Aft Balcony to all Havens except owners suites.  Hopefully that changes

5 minutes ago, Dgoddess61 said:

I'm really happy for those of you who received upgrades on my sailing 12/26 out of NOLA on Breakaway.  I also am super sad that we bid in good range and not had a bid accepted going from Aft Balcony to all Havens except owners suites.  Hopefully that changes

From what I have been seeing they upgrade about 7 days out. If your sailing is 12/26 they haven't started to process those yet.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, droundtheworld said:

From what I have been seeing they upgrade about 7 days out. If your sailing is 12/26 they haven't started to process those yet.

Agree.  I just receive an email on 11/30 to upgrade my Dec 5th EPIC sailing out of NY, so just less than a week before the cruise.  I heard they could let you know as late as 2 days before.  I went and printed out my new luggage tags and check-in documents right away.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dgoddess61 said:

In my roll call group several people have received accepted upgrades.

Have they been offered the chance to bid on upgrades or actually been upgraded and paid the amount they bid? - I'm on BA on Dec 19 and no one on that ship (AFAIK) has had an upgrade processed so I don't imagine they would just skip to a week in the future... plus the comments here have been pretty consistent - Upgrades processed for the cruise departing on the Sunday start to be offered from the Monday before (from 6 days in advance)... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tafawke said:

Have they been offered the chance to bid on upgrades or actually been upgraded and paid the amount they bid? - I'm on BA on Dec 19 and no one on that ship (AFAIK) has had an upgrade processed so I don't imagine they would just skip to a week in the future... plus the comments here have been pretty consistent - Upgrades processed for the cruise departing on the Sunday start to be offered from the Monday before (from 6 days in advance)... 

Yup, i agree with this statement.  We're on a cruise 12/22, and I don't expect to see an upgrade until around the 16-17 date range.

25 minutes ago, graceinga said:

We are booked on the Encore for this Sunday, 12/5 and all our bids still show pending....Patience isn't my thing...I'm stalking our email hourly at this point! 

Check for a hold on your credit card, that is often times the first signal that they are processing an upgrade.

40 minutes ago, kewbrook said:

It says Processing!!!  I am so excited.  This is for the Dawn on 12/8.  Now just to find out where I am getting placed.  Still impatiently waiting.

If you wrote down your bids you can tell from the amount your CC is charged which category you won. Usually long before you get the official word from NCL. Or do you already know the category and are waiting for the actual cabin number?

Edited by peg013
Add last sentence

35 minutes ago, peg013 said:

If you wrote down your bids you can tell from the amount your CC is charged which category you won. Usually long before you get the official word from NCL. Or do you already know the category and are waiting for the actual cabin number?

I only bid on a balcony.  I had an interior so anything was an improvement, well almost anything.  I now have my room assignment.  Not the best balcony but I am sure looking forward to it.

For those keeping track I bid on the low side of the scale.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Playrite said:

Agree.  I just receive an email on 11/30 to upgrade my Dec 5th EPIC sailing out of NY, so just less than a week before the cruise.  I heard they could let you know as late as 2 days before.  I went and printed out my new luggage tags and check-in documents right away.

I found out two days before sailing in Dec 2019. 

48 minutes ago, Lionkingrichard said:

Hello everyone. Could you please tell me about when the invite to bid goes out, please. It used to be 80 days I think? Is it now around 60 or what ever the paid in full date is? I have paid in full.

Thanks

55 days

I too am also on the Encore  for 12/5-haven't checked this morning yet-But as of mid day yesterday UPGRADE BANNER still came up when checking on my 12/5 cruise-clicked on-went to modify a bid-allowed me to-and still shows all (many) bids still "pending"-yet as of a couple days ago it showed the prior available  remaining rooms no longer availalble and every category SOLD OUT. What does this mean?

3 hours ago, Acruzaholic said:

I too am also on the Encore  for 12/5 ... bids still "pending"-yet as of a couple days ago it showed the prior available  remaining rooms no longer availalble and every category SOLD OUT. What does this mean?

Hmmm, sorry as that's most likely, yours aren't "processing" now for an upgrade, as you are close to that 48 hours embarkation timeline, where acceptance and "unable to upgrade" are finalized, with the official notices being pushed out via email shortly.  Chances are slim if there is a last minute addition to more upgrade rooms being available, but odds against that.  Please do update us, one way or another, if you can & wish to.  

Enjoy the cruise, regardless - safe, happy & healthy sailing.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Acruzaholic said:

I too am also on the Encore  for 12/5-haven't checked this morning yet-But as of mid day yesterday UPGRADE BANNER still came up when checking on my 12/5 cruise-clicked on-went to modify a bid-allowed me to-and still shows all (many) bids still "pending"-yet as of a couple days ago it showed the prior available  remaining rooms no longer availalble and every category SOLD OUT. What does this mean?

If you can still modify your bid, you can try upping a couple bids by a few bucks as a last ditch effort. I've read in a couple instances that works last minute.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jeaniebelle said:

I am 57 days off for departure on Gem and have not received an upbid  notice from NCL ! does anyone know of a web site where I can check ?

Offers are generally received at 55 days now with final payments that are only 60 days out. 

19 minutes ago, jeaniebelle said:

I am 57 days off for departure on Gem and have not received an upbid  notice from NCL ! does anyone know of a web site where I can check ?

if you booked with a travel agent, your travel agent may not be in the program 

8 hours ago, Acruzaholic said:

Hi -  we are seeing the same for our 12/5 Encore cruise.  All 4 of our bids still show pending.  Fingers crossed we both get our upgrades!  

• Like 1