Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

For my upcoming cruise, the rack rate for the Courtyard Penthouse with balcony is $6259 pp, but the rack rate for the Courtyard Penthouse with *large* balcony is $5173 pp....so $1086 pp less, with a larger balcony?  Seems odd to me.  Any guess as to what that's all about?

2 hours ago, ktpc2005 said:

I am on the Epic in February in a category M4 Club Balcony with 4 people.

The other day I got my upgrade email and most of the cabins they offered, we can't fit in as they can only hold 2.

Cabins for up to two 

Haven Spa Suite H9- $600-$2100

Haven Courtyard Penthouse HF $600-$2100

Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse HC $600-$2100

Cabins for up to three

Spa Club Balcony: $125-$450

Options for 4+ people 

Haven 2BD Family Villa H6 -$800-$3200

Haven DSO H2 $1100-$3600

The Haven 2 Bedroom is currently selling for $3700 above my cabin price and the Haven DSO is $8850 above my cabin price.   

The Aft penthouse sleeps 4

4 minutes ago, Quincella said:

For my upcoming cruise, the rack rate for the Courtyard Penthouse with balcony is $6259 pp, but the rack rate for the Courtyard Penthouse with *large* balcony is $5173 pp....so $1086 pp less, with a larger balcony?  Seems odd to me.  Any guess as to what that's all about?

Pricing is run by an algorithm, which takes into account inventory among other things. When I paid to upgrade to the Courtyard Penthouse Large Balcony (HE), it was WAY less than the Courtyard Penthouse with Balcony...only thing I can say is that is has to be an inventory thing. I wonder if the Large Balcony was more expensive than the normal balcony one before final payment 

5 minutes ago, aubreyc1988 said:

Pricing is run by an algorithm, which takes into account inventory among other things. When I paid to upgrade to the Courtyard Penthouse Large Balcony (HE), it was WAY less than the Courtyard Penthouse with Balcony...only thing I can say is that is has to be an inventory thing. I wonder if the Large Balcony was more expensive than the normal balcony one before final payment 

Yeah, that's a good point.  There are currently more CPH with Large Balcony available than there are CPH with Regular, so that may well be a contributing factor. Regardless, it pays to pay attention!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, aubreyc1988 said:

2 minutes ago, Quincella said:

Yeah, that's a good point.  There are currently more CPH with Large Balcony available than there are CPH with Regular, so that may well be a contributing factor. Regardless, it pays to pay attention!

Going out a year or so it looks like the 'normal' price for the large Courtyard with balcony is around $150 more than the regular balcony.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Quincella said:

Also, another tip: if a category appears sold out, go to the lower category. Here's an example on how I found the room I wanted even though it said sold out. 

I was in a forward facing penthouse, the Haven Courtyard with Large Balcony showed sold out. 

So when I went into NCL to see how many fwd facing penthouses they had available, I selected "Pick another stateroom". This option let me pick a different deck or to go aft/mid/forward. I selected Deck 17, this prompted me to upgrade to the Haven Courtyard with Large Balcony for 117.00 more total, even though that category was showing sold out on the previous screen. I had to call my TA with exact cabin number to get me upgraded at that pricing. 

SO there is round about ways to checking cabin availability as well. Hope that made sense. 

• Like 2

Last month on our Bliss sailing a person won their bid from a club to a 2 bedroom Haven but their credit card was rejected. Turns out they had set a daily spending limit on the card and figured the bid X2 would be just below that limit. The fact that they purchased the BookSafe travel insurance added hundreds of $ to the total they were charged for upgrade to cover the premium increase and that put them over their limit. By the time they got ahold of the bank to increase the limit on the card, the room was no longer available. 
So my advice is to make sure your credit card is full throttle and/or have another credit card available.

NCL Bliss, reserved two weeks ago for $422 but what I really wanted was a Haven Spa Balcony (it's been a dream). Bid the lowest available bid, $1000 and got confirmation today that I received it. 6 Days until sailing, so excited to try Haven for the first time! For me, this is absolutely worth the cost.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, adamnoone said:

What are the details of your upgrade? I am still awaiting my Haven upgrade from an aft balcony on Encore this Sunday.

Bid 620pp for haven courtyard. That was pretty bottom bid. Maybe bid 20 bucks more than minimum. Bliss Jan 16th sailing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks like upgrades for this Sundays Encore sailing just closed. I had 3 Haven bids to upgrade from a B1-Aft Balcony. It appears I won an HC-Haven Aft Balcony. My bid was $30 into the fair range. $1150pp.

Certainly some nice savings over the price on their website!!

• Like 3

I just received notice that my bid was accepted for a Haven 2-Bedroom.  Minimum bid was $1300, and I bid $1410. I really wanted that 2nd bedroom because when I first booked, it was just my husband and me (in a spa balcony)  but now our 17 year old is joining. 

I'm pleased!  

This is for the Encore on Sunday, 1/16.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Quincella said:

I just received notice that my bid was accepted for a Haven 2-Bedroom.  Minimum bid was $1300, and I bid $1410. I really wanted that 2nd bedroom because when I first booked, it was just my husband and me (in a spa balcony)  but now our 17 year old is joining. 

I'm pleased!  

This is for the Encore on Sunday, 1/16.

You will love the Haven 2 Br!  We just got off the Encore and had one (just for DH and myself) and it was incredible!!  Congrats!

1 minute ago, ldanieb2001 said:

We got our bid accepted for the Joy departing on 01/15/2022. We had a balcony and upgraded to a Haven 2 bedroom. Minimum was (I believe) around $1300. We bid $1460 which was still in the poor but close to Fair.

How many people, is the 1460 per person? and CONGRATS! 

2 minutes ago, aubreyc1988 said:

How many people, is the 1460 per person? and CONGRATS! 

Only the two of us. We wanted space to spread out lol and the two bathrooms is a plus! Yes, it ended up being $3164 charged because we had the booksafe travel protection and prepaid service charges so they added the additional charges to the total.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ldanieb2001 said:

Only the two of us. We wanted space to spread out lol and the two bathrooms is a plus! Yes, it ended up being $3164 charged because we had the booksafe travel protection and prepaid service charges so they added the additional charges to the total.

ah ok! You guys have a great time!!! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nhtravels said:

You will love the Haven 2 Br!  We just got off the Encore and had one (just for DH and myself) and it was incredible!!  Congrats!

Nice!  

I've been in the same category once previously, but on the Epic.  The entire Haven experience really added to the cruise, and I figure since we'll probably be on the ship even more this cruise, with the likelihood of port cancelations, it was the perfect time to take the leap again.  

We're excited!

23 hours ago, adamnoone said:

Looks like upgrades for this Sundays Encore sailing just closed. I had 3 Haven bids to upgrade from a B1-Aft Balcony. It appears I won an HC-Haven Aft Balcony. My bid was $30 into the fair range. $1150pp.

Certainly some nice savings over the price on their website!!

Well this is odd. This morning my HC-Aft Haven upgrade now shows "Unable to Upgrade" but my offer for an H5-2 BR Haven Lrg Balcony is "Processing".

Has anyone had this happen before?

Thank you,

~Adam

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, adamnoone said:

Well this is odd. This morning my HC-Aft Haven upgrade now shows "Unable to Upgrade" but my offer for an H5-2 BR Haven Lrg Balcony is "Processing".

Has anyone had this happen before?

Thank you,

~Adam

Where do you see this information? Is it somewhere in your account or do you have to try and get in through an old email link? 

5 minutes ago, wolfpackgrl said:

Where do you see this information? Is it somewhere in your account or do you have to try and get in through an old email link? 

Go to your account, click the orange View Reservation button and there will be a Let's Get You Upgraded banner with a link if you are eligible.