Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

On 1/21/2022 at 6:35 PM, SplashOfWater said:

We're still waiting. All of our bids are still Pending. I'm not expecting to hear until Monday or Tuesday. That seems to be the pattern for the Sat/Sun cruises. I'm not sure why some of the other cruises are awarding upgrades early.

Are you still waiting? Saw some accepted on same day sailing but I’ve not heard anything for 30/02 encore - still pending…

9 minutes ago, Wintersun48 said:

Are you still waiting? Saw some accepted on same day sailing but I’ve not heard anything for 30/02 encore - still pending…

we got our upgrade 2 days ago and we are sailing on the 29th on the dawn. it is a 11 day cruise and we bid 120 each for the balcony. we were in an inside. we got the middle of the ship on deck 9. very happy.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Wintersun48 said:

No email yet. I just checked my bids...they are still Pending. We may hear tomorrow. 

When I sailed on Royal Caribbean last month, I received my upgrade 4 days before sailing.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, linbobky said:

we got our upgrade 2 days ago and we are sailing on the 29th on the dawn. it is a 11 day cruise and we bid 120 each for the balcony. we were in an inside. we got the middle of the ship on deck 9. very happy.

This is very helpful info.

We sail Dawn 2/27, 14day Caribbean.  I bid $230pp for similar Inside>>Balcony  = mid-fair bid.

Where did your $120pp fall on the meter?

2 hours ago, leithbones said:

We sail Dawn 2/27, 14day Caribbean.  I bid $230pp for similar Inside>>Balcony  = mid-fair bid.

the lowest was $100. i did not think i would get the upgrade. i am happy!

42 minutes ago, Wintersun48 said:

Just got our bid accepted for the encore 30/01/2020.

from balcony to haven aft penthouse with large balcony! £745 x2.

a real treat!

Congratulations!  Do you know how many cabins were available for that cabin class?  We are hoping to upgrade from the HB to a Haven 2 Br. on the 2/4 Bliss, so expect to hear this week too.  Where you in the Poor/Fair/Good range?

57 minutes ago, nvrgrownold said:

Just recv'd our upgrade for the Encore on 1/30.  Went from Balcony to Haven Penthouse (HF).  Bid was considered as poor so I guess we're lucky.  Our first time in the Haven.  Should be fun.

Mind sharing the bid and where it fell on the meter?

On 1/24/2022 at 2:49 PM, leithbones said:

Check my post earlier, I bid $175 pp ($100 was min) and got a BA on deck 10.  Do a phantom booking for balconys on your date and see how many are available.  If they have a lot, you could probably lower your bid as @linbobky got a balcony on my cruise 1-2 days later for $120 pp.  We had lots available when I looked a week before.  FYI:  They locked my bid as pending (i.e. can't change it) 3 days before accepting.

On 1/21/2022 at 2:09 PM, Wintersun48 said:

We submitted multiple bids but all just about the lowest the meter would go, hoping we will get lucky.

Hang in there. I bid the lowest for several bids and was awarded a Haven penthouse 

• Like 1

We received our upgrade this morning for Jan 30 Encore! We are going from an Balcony (BA) to a Haven Courtyard Penthouse with Large Balcony (HE). Minimum bid was $400pp. Our winning bid was $650pp, and was in the mid-to-upper Poor range. We're very excited to try out the Haven for the first time! 

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, SplashOfWater said:

We received our upgrade this morning for Jan 30 Encore! We are going from an Balcony (BA) to a Haven Courtyard Penthouse with Large Balcony (HE). Minimum bid was $400pp. Our winning bid was $650pp, and was in the mid-to-upper Poor range. We're very excited to try out the Haven for the first time! 

Congratulations!   The Haven is amazing on the Encore.  (We just sailed her at the beginning of January in the Haven).   Warning:  Once you've sailed in the Haven, it's very hard to cruise any other way!  🙂 

• Like 2

This is my first time bidding so I just wanted to get some advice...we already have a Haven stateroom (courtyard with a large balcony).  I was offered the opportunity to bid on the Deluxe Owner's Suite (minimum bid of $800) and it looks like there is only 1 that is still not booked and the opportunity to bid on the 2 Bedroom Family with large balcony (minimum bid of $600) and it looks like there are still 13 of these staterooms still available.  

With it being so few rooms still available, I bid into the Fair range on both of them...just barely into the fair zone.  Our cruise is 3/13, so still a ways away.  Would you bid higher or do you think either of these stand a chance?  Do you all keep adjusting your bid as you watch the inventory on the rooms and it gets closer or do you just leave it?  

Thanks in advance!

I think the standard answer is bid as much as you're comfortable with and be very happy if you get it. I know, not a lot of help, but it's hard. If you're comfortable bidding $1000pp and you don't get it, will you be upset to find out that a person that bid $1150 got it? Or would you be glad you didn't lay out the extra $300?

I'm fighting with the same problem on a DOS in Feb now. They are the only two rooms left. Wife is telling me to up our bid. I'm not sure it's worth it. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Rad60 said:

Where do you see rooms that are available on a sailing?  I started to do a booking but didn't see where you can see what rooms are left? the page I was on went to complete booking. Thanks!

The website has been updated since I last booked, so it took me a little while to figure it out. When I've gone in, when I get to the page where it has assigned me a stateroom, I click the link to see other available rooms. That lets me see the rest of the staterooms available in that particular category. I hope that helps!

2 minutes ago, Lucinarei said:

The website has been updated since I last booked, so it took me a little while to figure it out. When I've gone in, when I get to the page where it has assigned me a stateroom, I click the link to see other available rooms. That lets me see the rest of the staterooms available in that particular category. I hope that helps!

Thanks for replying! I had gotten to the page where I put in all my personal info so I'm guessing you keep going? I don't want to wind up booking lol!

Just now, Rad60 said:

Thanks for replying! I had gotten to the page where I put in all my personal info so I'm guessing you keep going? I don't want to wind up booking lol!

It's before that. I definitely didn't enter any information. Once you choose the category, it should assign you a room. Once you see the room it has assigned, look for the teeny link that lets you choose a different room. That should let you in to see the rest of the available rooms in that category.