Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

34 minutes ago, bomabound said:

I just got an upgrade today for our May 24 sailing on the Spirit.  It was from Balcony to Aft Facing Owner’s Suite.  We are very excited about it as we’ve never had a suite of any sort, although I suspect we bid more than necessary. 
We are doing Back-to-back cruises, heading back from Seward to Vancouver after this cruise, so unfortunately this will mean we need to pack and switch cabins.  I wonder if there is any chance the butler would arrange to help us move…..pushing my luck?

The  butler is supposed to help  you pack and unpack so I think that should work.  Remember the tip.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bomabound said:

If you get upgraded from a cabin with the lower daily service charge (and have pre-paid) and get upgraded to a suite that has a higher daily rate, do you get charged the difference?  Just curious.

Historically speaking no additional service charges if prepaid before upgrade.

• Like 2

We sail on May 20 on the Getaway.  I won a bid this morning from an Ocean view on deck 5 to a balcony on deck 10. It was not, IMO, a "high" bid, and I was shocked we got it.  But "high" is subjective.  I  think I just got lucky.

But, the scuttlebutt has always been that one is most likely to win a bid from an ocean view to something else......so here is my anecdotal "evidence."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gregluk said:

If you bid and they don't accept it, can you bid again and raise it. Or is that it once they decline a bid and you can't ever do it again?

They won't decline your bid until the last minute, so there is no opportunity to bid again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Momto3girlsintheCarolinas said:

We sail on May 20 on the Getaway.  I won a bid this morning from an Ocean view on deck 5 to a balcony on deck 10. It was not, IMO, a "high" bid, and I was shocked we got it.  But "high" is subjective.  I  think I just got lucky.

But, the scuttlebutt has always been that one is most likely to win a bid from an ocean view to something else......so here is my anecdotal "evidence."

where in the range did you bid? low to middle?

On 5/3/2023 at 3:48 PM, Momto3girlsintheCarolinas said:

May I ask what you bid? I'm on the May 11th Getaway cruise. I bid $190 for the balcony from an inside with no luck being accepted. It was considered a "fair" bid but I think my cruise is sold out anyhow. 

On 5/7/2023 at 5:51 PM, smashedpumpkins said:

May I ask what you bid? I'm on the May 11th Getaway cruise. I bid $190 for the balcony from an inside with no luck being accepted. It was considered a "fair" bid but I think my cruise is sold out anyhow. 

We went from an ocean view to a balcony for $210 pp.  I believe we are close to capacity.  Our daughter got an offer to upgrade to the Owener's Suite from a balcony, so there seems to be quite a leap there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Momto3girlsintheCarolinas said:

We went from an ocean view to a balcony for $210 pp.  I believe we are close to capacity.  Our daughter got an offer to upgrade to the Owener's Suite from a balcony, so there seems to be quite a leap there.

57 minutes ago, SEA DOGY said:

May I ask how much minimum/max to bid for the Owner's Penthouse 

Thanks  in advance 

It's going to be highly variable. It's going to depend on ship, itinerary, time of year, and what level/how much you spent originally. Everyone's offer is different. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, psuboater said:

It's going to be highly variable. It's going to depend on ship, itinerary, time of year, and what level/how much you spent originally. Everyone's offer is different. 

I don't think what you spent has any bearing on it.  

I say that because I always use points, get an inside, use points to a balcony and then bid and win Haven.

I have a $3000 advantage from the start against others.

I understand that it should factor in but it's not in my case.

1 hour ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I don't think what you spent has any bearing on it.  

I say that because I always use points, get an inside, use points to a balcony and then bid and win Haven.

I have a $3000 advantage from the start against others.

I understand that it should factor in but it's not in my case.

Points are still considered spend even if it isn't cash 🙂  My example is more that we had a regular balcony the last time on the Joy and minimum spend to bid on Haven was a lot higher than starting from a Club Balcony on Joy this time. 

1 hour ago, psuboater said:

Points are still considered spend even if it isn't cash 🙂  My example is more that we had a regular balcony the last time on the Joy and minimum spend to bid on Haven was a lot higher than starting from a Club Balcony on Joy this time. 

Is that possible if you booked and paid you cabin interior or balcony they NCL offer you to bid in penthouse or owners suite ? It’s a really big jump in $$$

1 hour ago, SEA DOGY said:

Is that possible if you booked and paid you cabin interior or balcony they NCL offer you to bid in penthouse or owners suite ? It’s a really big jump in $$$

Balcony (or above) may bid on Suites/Haven Suites.  Yes, it still can be costly!  But, do keep in mind the cost is only 2x the bid, so if you have 3 or 4 passengers, they do not have added expense for the bid.

8 hours ago, psuboater said:

Doubtful that what you actually spent has anything to do with the bid.  They already have that money, the idea is to get more.  So your $500 bid is better in that respect than another bid from someone who originally paid more but is only bidding $250.

So logically, in my opinion anyway, you are on equal footing with anyone else who has an equivalent cabin, regardless of how much they originally paid.

Now how that plays out when different categories are bidding on the same upgrade, hard to say.  It then becomes a game of backfilling empty slots.

• Like 2

Sailing on the Bliss this saturday, I just received an email saying they are reviewing my upgrade bid request (from a Solo studio to a normal Balcony). 

Are Solo Studio to a Balcony bids usually approved?

Edited by Guyc

I've had a Studio to Balcony approved before - was only just above the minimum.

Remember you pay twice the upgrade charge as it calculates as two people, also think the daily service charge was slightly higher on a balcony - not sure it increases if you've pre-paid them though.