Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

Just now, mthayer295 said:

How far out do the upgrades getting assigned?  My sailing is this Friday and when I log in to see my offers it still shows as if I could review or change my offer?

Since it is only Tuesday (USA), you still have a chance!!  You'll likely have more info (yes/no) tomorrow or Thursday! 

1 hour ago, 2boyzmom said:

Is the $500 over your bid per person x2 or x4? The two bedroom with 2 kids on board is perfect.

The fare for all four of us is about $500 over our bid x2 (in other words, what we would pay if they accepted our bid) on that suite.

2 hours ago, mthayer295 said:

How far out do the upgrades getting assigned?  My sailing is this Friday and when I log in to see my offers it still shows as if I could review or change my offer?

I had one upgrade processed at around 1pm on Friday before a Sunday sailing, at the 24 hour mark before sailing if you were not upgraded you will receive an email that you were not upgraded 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mthayer295 said:

I depart Saturday & last Thursday I was unable to change or modify it.

It said "Pending" until today when it went thru.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rbxlady said:

The fare for all four of us is about $500 over our bid x2 (in other words, what we would pay if they accepted our bid) on that suite.

Not bad and worth it for the extra bedroom and bathroom

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 2boyzmom said:

Not bad and worth it for the extra bedroom and bathroom

Yeah, we are close to pulling the trigger on upgrading, but with so many of those suites left it is hard not to wait until the price drops some more!

Edited to add that having a bedroom for the kids to sleep in separate from the living area and a second full bathroom is a huge draw for us. The Haven perks are nice but not the primary reason for wanting to upgrade.

Edited by rbxlady

6 minutes ago, rbxlady said:

Yeah, we are close to pulling the trigger on upgrading, but with so many of those suites left it is hard not to wait until the price drops some more!

Well October there wont be many families so hopefully not many takes on the 2 bedroom...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2boyzmom said:

Well October there wont be many families so hopefully not many takes on the 2 bedroom...

So far about 12 of them left, so unless there’s a run on them, we have a little time to wait. I hope.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2boyzmom said:

Apparently I was having a premature senior moment… my sons are 9 and 11. I was talking to my husband (about a friend whose kids are 7 and 9) while I was writing, and I must not have been paying attention. Anyway, they’re old enough that a bit more space is a good thing. They know this suite is a potential option and want us to upgrade so we can have 3 TVs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, rbxlady said:

Apparently I was having a premature senior moment… my sons are 9 and 11. I was talking to my husband (about a friend whose kids are 7 and 9) while I was writing, and I must not have been paying attention. Anyway, they’re old enough that a bit more space is a good thing. They know this suite is a potential option and want us to upgrade so we can have 3 TVs.

I also have boys 2 years apart and they are Sapphire on NCL due to all the cruises we took them on as kids! They are now college students age 20 and 22. They absolutely LOVED the suite life and those 2 bedroom units. I really hope you get one. Cherish these years. They miss cruising with us and we miss them 😞

• Like 1

Our cruise is 51 days out and only 4 2 bedrooms left and the owners suite with larg balcony on the getaway. I am watching the price like a hawk on them, i may just have to bite the bullet and just upgrade instead of bidding..been to spoiled my last two cruises having haven suites. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wolft927 said:

Our cruise is 51 days out and only 4 2 bedrooms left and the owners suite with larg balcony on the getaway. I am watching the price like a hawk on them, i may just have to bite the bullet and just upgrade instead of bidding..been to spoiled my last two cruises having haven suites. 

And with NCL getting rid of covid testing for vaccinated passengers, we can't count on last minute cancellations ! 

1 hour ago, 2boyzmom said:

And with NCL getting rid of covid testing for vaccinated passengers, we can't count on last minute cancellations ! 

Maybe maybe not, I have been reading about alot of people canceling becasue they don't feel safe with no vacination or pre cruise testing stuff, but your probobly right. anyways here is to hoping. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wolft927 said:

How do you see for different ships what rooms are available? I didn't know this was a feature?

39 minutes ago, RBrowny said:

How do you see for different ships what rooms are available? I didn't know this was a feature?

So, Create a mock booking, choose Haven then see what Suites are not sold out. Pic one, and then click select another room, it will then prompt you to choose forward or Aft, then what deck, then it will show all the available cabins on that deck, for haven its fairly easy to do. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, wolft927 said:

So, Create a mock booking, choose Haven then see what Suites are not sold out. Pic one, and then click select another room, it will then prompt you to choose forward or Aft, then what deck, then it will show all the available cabins on that deck, for haven its fairly easy to do. 

Oh perfect, I will have a look now. I just want to see if there are any balconies available for my trip!

30 minutes ago, wolft927 said:

When looking, am I doing something wrong, it says no other rooms available?image.png.d6d7f510d53eab956cb36481262ae8a3.png

23 minutes ago, Heronymous said:

Probably a stupid question, but does NCL randomly select people and they pay what they bid? Or do they always select the highest bidder?

NCL doesn't make the selection, it's run by PlusGrade.  They may take a lower bid if it frees up another room with bids that will create and overall higher profit for NCL.