Check in… passport vs birth certificate

soozles

We have a cruise booked for November, I had to mail in my passport along with my sons to get his social security card (long story). I’m hoping we will have them back in time, but when I do the check in on the app, it asks for what type of document I’ll be uploading. Can I use the birth certificate now just to complete the check in and then if we get the passports back in time, change it to the passport? Or must you stick with the documentation you initially uploaded? If we do, and we have the passports back in time, I’ll still obviously take them with me. 

6 minutes ago, soozles said:

We have a cruise booked for November, I had to mail in my passport along with my sons to get his social security card (long story). I’m hoping we will have them back in time, but when I do the check in on the app, it asks for what type of document I’ll be uploading. Can I use the birth certificate now just to complete the check in and then if we get the passports back in time, change it to the passport? Or must you stick with the documentation you initially uploaded? If we do, and we have the passports back in time, I’ll still obviously take them with me. 

It shouldnt matter at all.   You dont have to actually upload your BC either.  Just choose that as the option.  If your Passport comes in, just present it at check in.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, soozles said:

If you end up using the BC make sure it's a certified one.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

As Ashland said - make sure it is a gov't issued birth certificate and not a hospital issued one (some have foot prints).

Yes it’s the state issued birth certificates. I’m hoping we’ll have the passports back in time, the SS office said usually it’s only a couple weeks, but you never know when it comes to the government offfices. 

• Like 2