Flora…vacation begins!

kent4489

2 hours ago, calsnoozie said:

Kent4489 - This weekend we will start to sort and stack our suitcase items (we take the red-eye from SFO to Miami on Thursday 9/16 then to Quito Friday, 9/17 morning flight (will get C-19 tested at SFO airport before we fly out just to make sure there are "no surprises" and the RT-PCR test should meet the requirement to travel to Galapagos within 72 hours of testing requirement).  Is there anything that you "wished" you would  packed but you didn't? 

Also - is there a clothesline in the built into the bathroom shower to hang wet clothes?  

Thanks again for sharing your daily posts and answering questions.  I hope we can do the same...

-Sue from California

Sue, you are going to have a fantastic time! So, far, nothing I wish I’d packed, but didn’t. I packed carefully so as to not have too much, but things are easy and casual. We already sent laundry out twice and plan to send a last time in the morning. So far, I haven’t re worn, but no problem if you do. No one will notice…and I’m one that worries about that. Except, I did pack 3 tee shirt dresses for evening and I did re-wear the black one. Really no need for dresses unless you are a dress person (I am.) Last night, I wore skinny jeans and they are perfectly acceptable. We had the Captain’s Club reception tonight and more women wore dresses, but all very casual. No clothes line in shower. I haven’t had the need to hang since I sent laundry out. Oh, one thing I wish I had packed… a bungee to keep the bathroom door open. But, I kind of made my own with hair elastics. But tonight when we came back, I saw that our cabin stewardess used a robe belt to tie our door back! (She’s awesome, by the way.) If you don’t have one, a night light for the bathroom is very nice to have. We always travel with one. I just tried to link it, but was unsuccessful. On A m a z o n, it is called a solar crush light or lantern. Crushes totally flat and easy to pack.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Alibee33 said:

my trip is this December. Thank you so much for all the information. As of Sept 13 they are requiring testing before going to Ecuador. Don't know if that means being tested twice. Still working on getting information.

Hi, we had a RT-PCR test, in addition to our vaccination card. We will have an antigen test before returning to the US.

Wow, Wednesday night already!

I posted the daily plan above. Short but sweet tonight…tired again and an early start tomorrow.

We did the long lave field walk this morning. Again, a wonderful excursion. Wear good walking shoes!

We had time to relax today…got back from morning excursion, took a shower, relaxed on balcony and had room service, then a nap!

Our afternoon excursion was at 4:30 and we did the “walk to the top.” Wow, what a view!

Hurried to get ready for the Captain’s Club reception. I think we were invited because we previously sailed on Azamara. But, in the end, since we have so few pax, everyone was invited. It was very nice. Perfect weather on 7th deck. 
Goodnight! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Alibee33 said:

my trip is this December. Thank you so much for all the information. As of Sept 13 they are requiring testing before going to Ecuador. Don't know if that means being tested twice. Still working on getting information.

when you find that information, can you post it? I’m flying out in a week and a half and am not aware of any requirements besides the rt-pcr 72 hours before flying to Galapagos.

Thursday night… the week is flying by much too quickly. 

I’m being even more brief. Again, we enjoyed our excursions so much. This morning, we did the long beach walk, then spent an hour or so, just relaxing on the beach. Back on the ship, we spent time in a cabana chair. This afternoon, we did the long walk and again just amazing.,

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, kent4489 said:

Thursday night… the week is flying by much too quickly. 

I’m being even more brief. Again, we enjoyed our excursions so much. This morning, we did the long beach walk, then spent an hour or so, just relaxing on the beach. Back on the ship, we spent time in a cabana chair. This afternoon, we did the long walk and again just amazing.,

Kent4489 - how is the weather? 

Sue from California 

12 hours ago, calsnoozie said:

Kent4489 - how is the weather? 

Sue from California 

Very comfortable. I can’t say it’s been hot or cold, just right. The weather has been perfect. This morning, on deck, we just had on shorts and t shirts. I had a fleece on early for a while. Easy relaxing morning spent up on deck 7. We saw a whale and some sharks.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, shipster60 said:

I’ve read different accounts on the type of sunscreen required. Do they provide it in your stateroom or has anyone specified what kind you must have?

We did have a bottle of sunscreen in our cabin. They haven’t announced that a certain type is required, but I did see reef safe is suggested. We aren’t snorkelers or swimmers. For wet landings, I used the sunscreen they provided for my feet, but used my own for face and neck. We have plenty still in the one provided, but some people have said they used all of theirs.

1 hour ago, kent4489 said:

We did have a bottle of sunscreen in our cabin. They haven’t announced that a certain type is required, but I did see reef safe is suggested. We aren’t snorkelers or swimmers. For wet landings, I used the sunscreen they provided for my feet, but used my own for face and neck. We have plenty still in the one provided, but some people have said they used all of theirs.

Thanks!

Friday….can it be Friday already? This was the. Best day so far….that’s saying a lot as I’m amazed everyday. Red footed boobies, blue footed boobies (doing a dance), a Momma showing her eggs (unusual to have 2) and amazing scenery.

By the way… do not forget your sunscreen. I only wore a cap this afternoon, forgot to put sunscreen on my face and I’m feeling it tonight.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sanger727 said:

Glad to hear your cruise was so good. Do you have anything booked post cruise? Hope you don’t have any issues with the altitude when you return to Quito. 

Thanks.

We have a driver/guide for Monday. Day trip to Mindo Cloudforest.

On 9/10/2021 at 12:41 PM, kent4489 said:

Very comfortable. I can’t say it’s been hot or cold, just right. The weather has been perfect. This morning, on deck, we just had on shorts and t shirts. I had a fleece on early for a while. Easy relaxing morning spent up on deck 7. We saw a whale and some sharks.

We would be interested in  knowing what you saw on your long and short walks, tender rides etc..  birds   animals   plants, etc  . Whales and sharks are fun but  seen elsewhere!

Thanks

41 minutes ago, hcat said:

We would be interested in  knowing what you saw on your long and short walks, tender rides etc..  birds   animals   plants, etc  . Whales and sharks are fun but  seen elsewhere!

Thanks

There are so many animals you can see that for her to list them all would be off the charts. You can see a photo of every single animal we saw there on our July Flora cruise by clicking below: 

52 minutes ago, hcat said:

Thanks

Yes, of course. I only meant that we saw these from the deck one morning. 

11 minutes ago, DrKoob said:

There are so many animals you can see that for her to list them all would be off the charts. You can see a photo of every single animal we saw there on our July Flora cruise by clicking below: 

Thank you. Yes, so very many things. Your pics were so awesome, I didn’t think mine were necessary to post.

11 minutes ago, DrKoob said:

Thanks for this! So much appreciate these. Sounds like you had an awesome trip...we totally understand...it just flies by. 

Yes, this was beyond amazing…. I heard this from everyone. And every single crew member were the best we’ve ever experienced. Again, I heard this from so many passengers.