Live on Majestic Princess 09/05/2021`

Musky Ike

1 hour ago, AZ Ocean Lover said:

Couldn’t agree more about Sur le Mer.  What a wonderful surprise.  Our best meal of the cruise (8/29).  Two small things that probably won’t get mentioned but they had these little baguettes that were fabulous, best bread on the cruise by far and that is saying something.  Also, the staff was great. Our waiter helped us with recommendations and was so friendly but not hovering.  This is a great addition to Princess.

Thank you for your input! Just booked it for our 15th wedding anniversary dinner on the 22nd. Can't wait!

• Like 1

Internet question.  If bought plan for 1 device, I know it is one device at a time.  But can I only use that inital device to access internet only for the entire cruise ?  In other words if I start working on my phone and later with phone turned off and I wish to use my ipad instead, is that okay?  Or must I use the SAME device the entire cruise?

1 hour ago, Trvlingal said:

Internet question.  If bought plan for 1 device, I know it is one device at a time.  But can I only use that inital device to access internet only for the entire cruise ?  In other words if I start working on my phone and later with phone turned off and I wish to use my ipad instead, is that okay?  Or must I use the SAME device the entire cruise?

You can change devices 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, milogurd said:

Log off device #1. Log on with device #2. Lather/Rinse/Repeat as necessary.

When we last cruised, (2019!) when we tried to log on to a new device it would ask if we wanted to log off the other one.  Could be a problem if 2 people are sharing a 1 device plan 😄

• Like 2

I had major issues trying to post anything onboard (seemed to be just with CC, the internet in general was okay).  But here is what I had written and then copied on Juneau day.  The rest of the trip I’ll do in a separate post:

Juneau day started out dry and hopeful but quickly turned wet and stayed wet. Before the rain started we made our way into town and my hubby checked “having King Crab Legs in Alaska” off his bucket list.  He said they were delicious, and at $65 a pound I should hope so! LOL

Afterwards we left for our combo Mendenhall glacier/ whale watching tour.  We saw at least 6 whales and a couple of them got VERY close to our small 20 passenger boat. Our guide said he could count on one hand the number of times he had been that close to a whale! Finally it was time to go back to the ship, warm up and dry off. Dinner in Concerto was very good and we were seated by a window with a terrific waiter. Afterwards we went to the Vista lounge and listened to Ocean Blvd play until bedtime 🙂

• Like 8

Okay here is the rest of my re-cap from a first time cruiser. The ship is beautiful and massive- explore every nook and cranny of it! The location of our room was fantastic (E421), it was only a couple of floors from most of the venues (we always take the stairs) and pretty much mid-ship so movement wasn’t bad. It was also pretty close to the rescue boat so we had a Birdseye view of the way they handle a man overboard report. The captain and crew did a great job of that by the way, everyone I encountered was calm and orderly and we all made it to our muster stations and back without anyone panicking. Not the kind of excitement that you want on your vacation but it’s good to know that they have a plan in place when needed.

every single staff member we encounter was fantastic. They all seem genuinely grateful and happy to be back and it shows. I know there are mixed feelings about the medallions but we love them! Having your door unlocked before you get there is a great and we used it  to order food and drinks ALL OVER that ship (even to the meet and greet :), and only had a problem with it finding us in a timely manner once. Also, the crew chat feature is a great way to get any question you have answered without having to go to the guest service desk, Definitely use it!  I was so glad that we went to the cc meet and greet. It was really cool to get to meet some of the officers and because of that, both the cruise director and the captain each remembered us and stopped us in the hallways at different times just to say hello and see how things were going for our first cruise. Food and entertainment were both good but I have to say that our favorite things to do were to go to the game shows in the princess live theater and to the Vista lounge later at night and listen to Ocean Boulevard - they really need to be advertised more on the ship. It’s also very entertaining to watch the people dancing in there, some of them are really quite good!  Our last day at sea was fantastic with beautiful sunny skies and warm temperatures, it definitely made up for the times that were rainy and dreary. This has turned into a bit of a novel so I will stop now but feel free to ask any questions if you have any and have a wonderful trip!!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

First ever cruise, @wondertwinsmom?  That's terrific.  I am glad to hear that you had a great time.  Your husband is a clear-thinking man--always go for King Crab in at least one of the ports.  OK, Dungeness is darned good, also.

Thank you for your reports.

Of course you realize that by picking Alaska first, all your future cruises will pale by comparison.

NOT!!!!!

The worst cruise I ever took was wonderful.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, XBGuy said:

First ever cruise, @wondertwinsmom?  That's terrific.  I am glad to hear that you had a great time.  Your husband is a clear-thinking man--always go for King Crab in at least one of the ports.  OK, Dungeness is darned good, also.

Thank you for your reports.

Of course you realize that by picking Alaska first, all your future cruises will pale by comparison.

NOT!!!!!

The worst cruise I ever took was wonderful.

I think there will definitely be more in our future!

• Like 2

Well naturally we are sitting on the plane with a delay, so I just thought I would throw out one suggestion if anyone is looking for something interesting and reasonable to do in Skagway…. Rent electric bikes from Klondike Electric Bicycles. It was probably the most fun thing we did!!  (We did 3 hrs but you can do any amount of time). We rode out Dyea rd, to the Gold Rush cemetery and to the Yakutania Point trail. They’re SO fun and easy to ride and the owners are the sweetest people ever.

Sorry - can you tell we had a good time?!

523CAE26-DAC8-4744-83C8-72C6B782AEC2.jpeg

161099D4-E49D-46FA-8913-A0346F193306.jpeg

226B9083-9C4B-4207-84E6-6B84072F2408.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wondertwinsmom said:

Living the life in E421, and our ship as it came in to port this morning! (posted by another CC user.)

Okay, getting on my plane home now so I’m done! 😂😂

54C85848-64BC-4A71-82EB-A48277796E41.jpeg

Hey, next door neighbor! I was in E425, the obstructed balcony with a total lack of obstruction:

IMG_0675.thumb.JPG.41d072ca5bc2c9c2374dee7d271bf0fd.JPG

Edited by coastcat
  • Like 3

On 9/9/2021 at 4:29 AM, coastcat said:

And now we’ve been directed to our muster stations. Lots of sleepy folks in the dining room with me, standing by for further directions. 

This is very different from how this situation is handled on Celebrity.   The cruise director came on the intercom and directed passengers and crews to make sure our companions were with us and if anyone was missing from our groups to call him on a certain number and he would page that person. Apparently the crew is divided into small "family" units and they know to look for each other during an emergency.  About 7 names were reported and called over the intercom by the cruise director with instructions to call him on a specific phone number and identify themselves immediately. Some names were only called once or twice.  When the 7th name was called the second time, you could tell from the cruise director's voice that he knew the person and was upset.  He called for that person at least 5 times over a half hour and we all knew that must be who had gone overboard.  It turned out to be a crew member who worked in the galley, unfortunately.  The ship searched for hours  until the French Coastguard joined the search and then went on to Southampton where we arrived only an hour late for debarkation.   The crew member was never found.  

It is interesting to me how this process is handled so differently by different cruise lines.

• Like 1