Which itinerary is best for May 2022?

cruzluver2

We have narrowed to two itineraries for May 2022.  One is for Bermuda only 8-4, San Juan, St Martin, Private Island.   The second one is ABC Islands.  We have been to all islands except Bermuda.  Can Bermuda be enjoyed in the short amount of time?  Also, one sails of of Bayonne NJ and one out of Miami.  thank you

We took Anthem to Bermuda out of Bayonne for 5 days a couple years ago and can't recommend it enough.  Mostly because you're able to stay in one spot and explore it, rather than dropping in for just enough time for a single excursion and maybe a quick beach stop.  You can go to several beaches, go to different restaurants and see multiple sites.  There is enough to keep you busy for a couple days, especially if you golf.  Finally, the fact that you're not jumping from port to port to port kind of carried over to an even more relaxed vibe on the cruise. 

As for sailing out of Bayonne, the convenience of living in the NE and not having to fly to a cruise can't be beat.

If you've seen the other islands, my vote would be that you went for the change of pace and did the Bermuda stop.  We enjoyed that first experience so much, we're doing a 7 day Bermuda trip out of Boston next May on NCL (first time with them.)  We live an hour from the Black Falcon Terminal, so we'll be home and unpacked before most people have boarded their return flights on any other cruise!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Broons77 said:

We took Anthem to Bermuda out of Bayonne for 5 days a couple years ago and can't recommend it enough.  Mostly because you're able to stay in one spot and explore it, rather than dropping in for just enough time for a single excursion and maybe a quick beach stop.  You can go to several beaches, go to different restaurants and see multiple sites.  There is enough to keep you busy for a couple days, especially if you golf.  Finally, the fact that you're not jumping from port to port to port kind of carried over to an even more relaxed vibe on the cruise. 

As for sailing out of Bayonne, the convenience of living in the NE and not having to fly to a cruise can't be beat.

If you've seen the other islands, my vote would be that you went for the change of pace and did the Bermuda stop.  We enjoyed that first experience so much, we're doing a 7 day Bermuda trip out of Boston next May on NCL (first time with them.)  We live an hour from the Black Falcon Terminal, so we'll be home and unpacked before most people have boarded their return flights on any other cruise!

Thank you!  

27 minutes ago, Broons77 said:

We have done 5 and 7 day Bermuda cruises on Royal, Norwegian and also on HAL back when they used to sail from NYC, along with cruises that only stop for one day on Bermuda. We had the extremely cool experience of sailing a small NCL ship through the “cut” and porting in St. George. All the big ships now can’t offer that experience.   
Bermuda  has always been our favorite island and I would love to go back soon! So many beautiful  beaches — never gets old ❤️

• Like 1

Leaving from Cape Liberty, New Jersey
onboard Adventure of the Seas
May 12, 2022 - May 21, 2022
Day
Port
Cape Liberty, New Jersey
Departs At 4:00 PM
Cruising
Day At Sea
Royal Naval Dockyard, Bermuda
From 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Cruising
Day At Sea
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
From 12:30 PM - 8:00 PM
San Juan, Puerto Rico
From 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Labadee, Haiti
From 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM
8 - 9
Cruising
Day At Sea
Cape Liberty, New Jersey
Arrives At 7:00 AM

Leaving from Miami, Florida
onboard Explorer of the Seas
May 14, 2022 - May 22, 2022
Day
Port
Miami, Florida
Departs At 4:00 PM
2 - 3
Cruising
Day At Sea
Kralendijk, Bonaire
From 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Willemstad, Curacao
From 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Oranjestad, Aruba
From 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
7 - 8
Cruising
Day At Sea
Miami, Florida
Arrives At 7:00 AM

2 hours ago, sixbirches said:

We have done 5 and 7 day Bermuda cruises on Royal, Norwegian and also on HAL back when they used to sail from NYC, along with cruises that only stop for one day on Bermuda. We had the extremely cool experience of sailing a small NCL ship through the “cut” and porting in St. George. All the big ships now can’t offer that experience.   
Bermuda  has always been our favorite island and I would love to go back soon! So many beautiful  beaches — never gets old ❤️

As I mentioned we're going back on NCL for a second trip, and I'm sure there will be another trip planned soon after.  My wife has mobility issues and gets worn out quickly.  So we use the cruise ship as a movable beach resort where I roll her on board and spend the next X number of days wheeling her from bar to restaurant to pool to bar to pool bar to restaurant to bar...  Don't be judgy....  😄

So with that in mind, it really doesn't matter where we go as we don't spend a lot of time off ship.  But going to Bermuda even allows her to spend some time off the boat.

As for porting in St. George, I've looked at a couple of luxury lines that port there.  Some day that will happen for us!  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Broons77 said:

As I mentioned we're going back on NCL for a second trip, and I'm sure there will be another trip planned soon after.  My wife has mobility issues and gets worn out quickly.  So we use the cruise ship as a movable beach resort where I roll her on board and spend the next X number of days wheeling her from bar to restaurant to pool to bar to pool bar to restaurant to bar...  Don't be judgy....  😄

So with that in mind, it really doesn't matter where we go as we don't spend a lot of time off ship.  But going to Bermuda even allows her to spend some time off the boat.

As for porting in St. George, I've looked at a couple of luxury lines that port there.  Some day that will happen for us!  

You would probably prefer being in port at the West End or the Royal Dockyard. There are lots of shops, restaurants and bars to visit. Hamilton is great, but the streets were a little challenging for wheelchairs. There are beaches and beautiful views nearby as well, if you venture out a bit further.
Enjoy!

• Like 1