Cunard drinks package question

dthompsond1

The $12 limit is menu prices. However, they must all be small measures. For example, you might think that a large wine should be included as it falls below $12, but you cannot include anything "large". Also, you are limited to 4 drinks per hour with at least a 10 minute delay between them and a daily maximum.

Many drinks and cocktails fall just outside the limit. You cannot pay the difference, so either you pay the full amount or do without.

Not a good offer. Too many restrictions.

• Like 2

As a seasoned Cunard cruiser, who can get through several drinks throughout the evening 😉 I wouldn't dream of purchasing a Cunard drinks package. 

I like a good proper cocktail in the evening  and many of the drinks I prefer often fall out of the $12 limit

As Big Mac says , not really a good offer and too many restrictions . 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rakkor said:

There's a  lot of drinks that fall outside the $12 limit - This is the latest Commodore Club drinks menu

IMG_1185.HEIC?id=5582&cache_key=%225582_

I couldn't get the link to open up, but I can tell you from my 2019 experience on the QM2 that the $12 limit is indeed an obstacle in many cases. For example, Tanqueray martinis---my favorite pre-dinner cocktail---were $12.25. And it's not as if you can just pay the 25 cents or whatever the particular difference may be. And as Big Mac noted, the "package" wine offerings are quite meager. Unless I were getting the package automatically as part of a QG/PG promotion, I would just pay for whatever drinks I want and not have to think about whether they're included. That wouldn't be a fun way to start an evening of fine dining.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rakkor said:

There's a  lot of drinks that fall outside the $12 limit - This is the latest Commodore Club drinks menu

54 minutes ago, jimdee3636 said:

I couldn't get the link to open up...

I'll try to help @rakkor with that link that isn't working for me either. Here are images of the Commodore Club menu he posted on his recent "QE Sun Voyage - 20-27 Aug" thread.

15552D78-337C-488A-9FD5-E2ECCBAC6C07.jpe

4FC6F20C-FB34-4E4D-A48A-74F9F113B4B5.jpe

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, techteach said:

Thanks for the menu rakkor. I’m surprised there aren’t more single malts scotches. Is the Commodore Club the best place to find them?

Yeah, I'd say so. I can't think of any other bars with a bigger scotch collection from memory.

I've sat down and ran the numbers on a drinks package a few times. Usually I can't make it work as my wife likes cocktails over $12 (I tend to mostly drink beer then wine with dinner and the odd gin). 

Back on board on Tuesday. This time we're thinking we might go for a drinks package (we're only planning on disembarking in 2 ports), although only if they'll allow me to have the alcoholic one and my wife the premium soft drinks one - she's pregnant so no pricey Commodore Club cocktails this time! If there's no leeway in this then we won't bother as it's not a great deal (a quick calculation worked out it'd cost me $250 extra over paying as we go).

• Like 1

We have never purchased a drinks package. Considering what little we drink and the restrictions it wouldn't be worth it. For the first time Cunard has given us a drinks package for our next voyage.

This may seem a silly question, but is the mix (an extra $3.30 for Fevertree tonic) included with the meagre one ounce drink which will in total be under the $12 limit? Or will I have to order the gin and then wait the required 10 minutes before ordering the tonic if it is considered a separate drink?

46 minutes ago, david,Mississauga said:

We have never purchased a drinks package. Considering what little we drink and the restrictions it wouldn't be worth it. For the first time Cunard has given us a drinks package for our next voyage.

This may seem a silly question, but is the mix (an extra $3.30 for Fevertree tonic) included with the meagre one ounce drink which will in total be under the $12 limit? Or will I have to order the gin and then wait the required 10 minutes before ordering the tonic if it is considered a separate drink?

Not a silly question and I too look forward to hearing the answer.

55 minutes ago, david,Mississauga said:

From my (and my wife's) memory, we think it may come with a mixer from the soda gun included in the price of the 1oz. Not Fever Tree though. 

I'm a little on the fence about having a drinks package next week. The savings are marginal for me so I wonder if it's more of a pain than not having one (case in point, wanting a Fever Tree mixer and not having to pay twice for it!).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ynox said:

From my (and my wife's) memory, we think it may come with a mixer from the soda gun included in the price of the 1oz. Not Fever Tree though. 

I'm a little on the fence about having a drinks package next week. The savings are marginal for me so I wonder if it's more of a pain than not having one (case in point, wanting a Fever Tree mixer and not having to pay twice for it!).

The other issue is that you can't order a bottle of wine - and the selection by the glass is very limited. We liked to order a bottle and dinner  -which they will keep for you if you don't finish it 

• Like 1