All state gift cards

mommysoncruiser

That's exactly how we paid for our latest cruise. All Carnival gift cards, except for the $250 deposit. We even used the remainder of a $100 card from our 2019 Dream cruise ($78.26), and applied that to our S&S card toward OBC. They are great. We even have one $500 g.c. and one $100 g.c. to be applied to a future cruise. 

6 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

That's exactly how we paid for our latest cruise. All Carnival gift cards, except for the $250 deposit. We even used the remainder of a $100 card from our 2019 Dream cruise ($78.26), and applied that to our S&S card toward OBC. They are great. We even have one $500 g.c. and one $100 g.c. to be applied to a future cruise. 

I used a $500 gift card to pay for our internet and excursion of our upcoming cruise. $50 saved. I'm paying for my princess cruise with them ( princess gift cards not carnival) as well and saving over $1,100. Love these things!

I am getting close to pulling trigger on a Carnival Cruise. I have a boatload of ThankYou points which can buy $100 GC for 10,000 points. I can easily get cruise for free..

Here is my question. It seems better if I xfer to Thank You TA as I can get a refund to my points if it cancels vs going back to a GC, which locks me into Carnival. I can also XFER to another TA, if I wanted to use GC and get a little perk, maybe $100 OBC.

My question is if I pay with GC and cruise gets cancelled do I get refund in something other than a GC. if I ask?

I did same thing with Ultimate Rewards on a MSC cruise and cancel would have gone back to UM points. In that case I took FCC with extra OBC and used to apply to another cruise.

Thats how we paid for our cruise that has since been Covid Cancelled 2x. Hopefully 3rd times the charm. One drawback on using the cards. If you decide you want a refund, it comes back as a card. It never was an issue pre-Covid but now when we wish we could just wait it out and go on a land vacation with fewer restrictions, our money is tied up on the cards.

• Like 1

Have been a long time member accumulating points with surveys initially and by the sharing of codes on the Allstate thread.  Currently have over 600,000 points and have already redeemed about 12,000 worth of cards between Carnival and Princess.  Luckily I was able to get 3,000 worth of Princess @ 15% off to go towards our B2B next April, saving over 430.00 in the process since I had to pay 0.59 each for 30 $100.00 cards.  Princess savings will come in handy again when we do our cruise tour to Alaska over the summer of 2024.

44 minutes ago, kaybeebee said:

How does this work? I saw the earlier thread, but need an abbreviated version of the 162 pages!! How many points are required and is it hard to set up an account? I am not very tech savvy. 

There are very detailed directions on how to set up an account in the other thread. You just have to download the Allstate app to set up an account, then you do not have to keep it on your phone and can use computer to enter codes and buy cards.

2 hours ago, kaybeebee said:

How does this work? I saw the earlier thread, but need an abbreviated version of the 162 pages!! How many points are required and is it hard to set up an account? I am not very tech savvy. 

The amount of points required depends on the value of the gift card you choose. As for setting it up, some people do have a hard time while others don't. You have to download the app and as someone else said, you can maintain tour account and accumulate points on the website. I would start by downloading the app and going from there.