Concierge Lounge--Enchantment of the Seas

juliaoh

I've been reading posts for a several months, but this is my first time posting. My family and friends are scheduled to cruise on the Enchantment on 7/27/06 in two Grand Suites. I was unaware of the concierge lounge until I read about it here. Can anyone tell me what the lounge on the Enchantment is like? Are we allowed to use it with a Grand Suite? Are sodas, coffee, water bottles available? Is there beer/wine in the evenings? Any food? Can the kids use it, at least early in the day? I talked my husband and friends into the cruise, so anything that makes it seems like a better deal is welcome! Thank you for any information--it is much appreciated.

I've been reading posts for a several months, but this is my first time posting. My family and friends are scheduled to cruise on the Enchantment on 7/27/06 in two Grand Suites. I was unaware of the concierge lounge until I read about it here. Can anyone tell me what the lounge on the Enchantment is like? Are we allowed to use it with a Grand Suite?
Yes.
Are sodas, coffee, water bottles available?
soda and coffee, yes. Coffee in a self-serve machine all day (it's really a cappucino machine), soda during "cocktail hour" in the evening, roughly 5 to 8.
Is there beer/wine in the evenings? Any food?
yes to beer and wine; lovely hors d'oeuvres, too.
Can the kids use it, at least early in the day?
Children under 18 must be accompanied by a parent to be in the lounge.
I talked my husband and friends into the cruise, so anything that makes it seems like a better deal is welcome! Thank you for any information--it is much appreciated.

You will love the Enchantment Concierge Lounge, and if Giuseppe is still the Concierge, you will ADORE him.

Here's a link to my "live report." http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=219192&highlight=enchantment

Can anyone tell me what the lounge on the Enchantment is like?

The lounge on the Enchantment has nice big comfy leather chairs. There's also a few internet stations. You still have to pay, but if the regular internet lounge is full, you can usually get right on in the concierge lounge.

There's also a small cabinet next to the concierge desk that has an assortment of DVD's you can check out for viewing in your cabin. We had an Owner's suite, but I think the Grand Suites have DVD players as well. Someone else may be able to confirm this.

There is a limited continental buffet set up each morning. There was always an assortment of sweet rolls and a fruit plate and then a tray of cheese/meats and my favorite smoked salmon. There were pitchers of various fruit juices in the morning as well.

During the cocktail hour there is a limited bar set up in addition to the beer and wine. There are mixes to make things like Vodka tonic or rum and coke, but not a full bar set up to make frozen cocktails. There is a cheese plate, small finger snacks and also some sweet things, like CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRIES!!! :)

Guiseppe is fabulous and if you have a special request he will try to help out. We "won" the love and marriage show on our sailing and brought him our winning champagne bottle and asked that it be chilled and served at dinner. We had also been on the Enchantment before and he helped us try to find the Chief Engineer we'd previously sailed with. People don't always realize all the services he can help with. He is a "mini" purser's desk as well. He can print out your onboard charge statement and can break a larger bill for tips if you need it.

Enjoy!

We were on Enchantment Thanksgiving week, and it was our first experience in thee Concierge Loung. (we becaome Diamond C&A). Guiseppe was ther when we sailed, and he is definately WONDERFUL!!! He helped us with the few requests we made, getting off on an early tender in Belize, even though we were not on a shiip tour (had to meet a private tour guide). He spoke to the person in charge of shore excursions and made it happen. We also neede dsome extra debarkation tags for our children who are not C&A, the purser's desk would not let us have them, and Guieseppe got them for us. He made us his "famous special and famous rum" drinks, and they were great. He is full of personality and he made our time in the lounge a special experience.

About children, Our granddaughtr is 12, but dressed up she definately can pass for about 16. Guieseppe knew her age when we went to the lounge at night, but since she was so well behaved, he never denied her entry.

Enjoy the Enchantment and definatelly take advantage of the lounge.

Nancy

We have found them to be pretty much the same. If there are NUMEROUS guests, then usually everyone gets their own but if only a few the concierge remembers your preference and gets it for you. Either way is OK with us...we just appreciate the perk.

The conceirge on the Radiance is Willie. If diamond/suite passengers exceed 50 then they use another lounge. Willie makes all the drinks if the conceirge is in a lounge (it's the cigar bar on deck 13) and NO you never smell cigar smoke. Under 50 people it's in it's usual place on deck 10. Willie still makes the drinks but you can also help yourself.

Archived