New Dec QM2 cruise

Stu UK

It is now possible to find online and in the UK press a new itinerary  to replace part of those recently cancelled. Interestingly not on the Cunard site. Appears one will be:

1st Dec - 12 night Canaries

from Southampton round trip. 

Awful that Cunard have not made direct announcement!

Edited by Stu UK

• Stu UK changed the title to New Nov - Dec QM2 cruise
  • Stu UK changed the title to New Dec QM2 cruise
Just now, Host Hattie said:

It may be a charter cruise, the same Travel Agent has one on Queen Elizabeth next month.

Let’s hope that prior to that Cunard will still do their promised two Southampton round trips. Our TA says info should be on 16th Sept. 

That said looking forward to Queens Grill on QE on 13th Oct where we can now go ashore without an excursion 👍

To document the itinerary as I like to do for future reference, here is the itinerary for this QM2 "Canaries Sailcation".

Dec 1, 2021 - Southampton

Dec 4, 2021 - Lisbon

Dec 5, 2021 - Cadiz

Dec 7, 2021 - Lanzarote

Dec 8, 2021 - Tenerife

Dec 9, 2021 - Funchal (Madeira)

Dec 13, 2021 - Southampton

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stu UK said:

Let’s hope that prior to that Cunard will still do their promised two Southampton round trips. ...

Sorry to disappoint. Don't know how I managed to miss this earlier, but several sources have been reporting "Cunard has announced that Queen Mary 2 will return to sailing from November 28, 2021, with two new voyages—a three-night cruise break and a 12-night Canary Islands itinerary—both departing from Southampton."

It would appear the two new Southampton roundtrip voyages Cunard is planning for QM2 prior to the December 13 Christmas cruise will be a three-night short break cruise (Nov 28-Dec 1) and this 12-night Canaries cruise (Dec 1-Dec 13).

I don't have a definitive answer but we booked at the weekend and when I asked if they needed our Cunard numbers and they said no "because it isn't being run by Cunard so you don't get any of those benefits but you will still get your nights" I hope to get more clarification soon

Does anyone have any experience of sailing on a chartered Cunard ship? We didn't realise that's what it was until we had almost booked it so we'd be interested to know what if any difference it might make to the experience. Though tbf I will be extremely happy just to be on board once again. 🙂

• 2 months later...
On 9/14/2021 at 7:10 PM, wenlyn said:

Does anyone have any experience of sailing on a chartered Cunard ship? We didn't realise that's what it was until we had almost booked it so we'd be interested to know what if any difference it might make to the experience. Though tbf I will be extremely happy just to be on board once again. 🙂

Do you have any feedback now you have sailed on a charter ? Were there any differences other than the Covid related ones ?

Thanks

Hi

It was a remarkably similar experience. The TA team were available every morning in the Commodore Club if you had any questions or problems. I had no need to visit them but they helped my mum & her friend switch their seating in the restaurant but you could  have done that direct with the restaurant anyway. If we had wanted to upgrade onboard we would have had to have done so via the charter company (I know that because we  went and asked in the concierge lounge before we set sail as I figured with everyone boarded at low capacity there might be a good deal to be had - we never pursued it because we'd have had to wait until the morning to do anything about it & we'd unpacked and settled in by then) 

There was a welcome letter in addition to the ones from Cunard and an envelope containing your tickets to the gala night shows which you had to present. There were some extra little giveaways on occasion which was a nice touch and a brochure of future offers from the company appeared one night.

I think there may have been more 'new to Cunard' cruisers on board - without the captains and world club parties it's hard to say as that information didn't come up. It really was just very nice to be back on board

• Like 1