How Many People Are Testing Positive on Board? How Does Contract Tracing Work?

HRReader

We're booked on Ovation 9/24 Seattle-Alaska.  I understand we have to have negative test 2 days before.   My daughter is worried about testing positive while on board.  Are they doing any on-board tests in Alaska? 

Does anyone know (or have heard of) how many people are testing positive on board in recent cruises?

How does the contract tracing work?  For example,  if you're at a dining table near someone who tests positive do you have to get tested then?  And do you have quarantine at all?

Thanks for your help!

13 minutes ago, HRReader said:

My daughter is worried about testing positive while on board.  Are they doing any on-board tests in Alaska? 

They are not doing any testing on board unless you are on a back to back.  I was on Serenade Aug 23-30.  That was. week 5 for that ship and intinerary.  On week 3 there had been one unvaccinated child test positive.  He and his family was debarked and flown home on a private jet.  No other passengers affected.  Tell your daughter to not worry and enjoy the cruise.  It'll be amazing!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HRReader said:

We're booked on Ovation 9/24 Seattle-Alaska.  I understand we have to have negative test 2 days before.   My daughter is worried about testing positive while on board.  Are they doing any on-board tests in Alaska? 

Does anyone know (or have heard of) how many people are testing positive on board in recent cruises?

How does the contract tracing work?  For example,  if you're at a dining table near someone who tests positive do you have to get tested then?  And do you have quarantine at all?

Thanks for your help!

Testing is only done for those who need it for onward travel. E.g., if you were getting off the ship and traveling to Canada. Or you are on a B2B. Or you are feeling ill. There have been positive cases on Alaska cruises. 

Not sure how the are doing contact tracing on Alaska cruises. We were on the Adventure of the seas which uses facial recognition to identify close contacts. And you are immediately quarantined until you test negative to the cruise line’s satisfaction. 

4 hours ago, HRReader said:

Thanks for your help!

We sailed on Ovation on aug. 20.  While on board, we asked the suite concierge if there had been Covid cases on the prior sailing and she said no.  We wore tracelets the entire cruise and turned them in as we debarked. We never heard of any Covid cases and since we were very active with ship activities and excursions, I assume would have been notified if some we had been near had tested positive. I’m assuming there were no cases.
And we all know it would have been blasted all over the internet if there had been cases identified.

We felt our health and safety were a priority on our cruise. 
Enjoy yourself and Alaska!