Documentation

pajazz28

So if I understand the documentation I need for nrxt Saturday on the Horizon is:

• Passport
  • Vaccination Card
  • A copy of my negatvie rapid test taken no early than two days from sailing. so since we are sailing Saturday I can have a negative test from Thursday or Friday?

Anything else? 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, stellarose said:

sounds right. test must be Friday not Thursday. 

A test on Thursday will work.  48 hours prior to the cruise would be at like 4 pm on Thursday but I don't think they are being that specific.  I think anytime Thursday, Friday, or Saturday before embarkation is fine. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, rlindholm said:

A test on Thursday will work.  48 hours prior to the cruise would be at like 4 pm on Thursday but I don't think they are being that specific.  I think anytime Thursday, Friday, or Saturday before embarkation is fine. 

we sail on Sunday.  fly on Saturday. so we can now test on Thursday ? thought 48 hours.  help.

2 minutes ago, stellarose said:

we sail on Sunday.  fly on Saturday. so we can now test on Thursday ? thought 48 hours.  help.

YOU sail on Sunday so the earliest you can test is Friday.  The OP sails on Saturday so they are good Thursday as well.  2 days prior is the new limit.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, pajazz28 said:

So if I understand the documentation I need for nrxt Saturday on the Horizon is:

• Passport
  • Vaccination Card
  • A copy of my negatvie rapid test taken no early than two days from sailing. so since we are sailing Saturday I can have a negative test from Thursday or Friday?

Anything else? 

Just a quick note... The vax card MUST be original. (No phone pics, etc.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rlindholm said:

I agree. Thursday is fine.  Many people fly first thing Friday. 

1 hour ago, Elaine5715 said:

In some cases, you can show online version.  

Typically not of the CDC vaccine card itself.  There are certain allowed alternate digital records that can be electronic if someone has them.  My point is..... Do NOT show up with a photocopy or a digital photo of your original CDC card and think you are good.  That has become routinely allowed for sporting events, for example but not for cruising.  Attached are the FAQs for reference.

https://www.carnival.com/Legal/covid-19-legal-notices/return-to-service-faqs

11 hours ago, jsglow said:

Typically not of the CDC vaccine card itself.  There are certain allowed alternate digital records that can be electronic if someone has them.  My point is..... Do NOT show up with a photocopy or a digital photo of your original CDC card and think you are good.  That has become routinely allowed for sporting events, for example but not for cruising.  Attached are the FAQs for reference.

https://www.carnival.com/Legal/covid-19-legal-notices/return-to-service-faqs

image.thumb.png.c2b75ee5354d3c16361380f9426d59ed.png

17 minutes ago, bafinegan said:

Incorrect.  2 days with the day of the cruise counting as day zero- count back 2 days and you get Friday, then Thurs.  It's posted on Carnival's website

we fly out Saturday. so we must test on Friday or do it in the hotel room Saturday am.  I would rather know before I fly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stellarose said:

we fly out Saturday. so we must test on Friday or do it in the hotel room Saturday am.  I would rather know before I fly. 

stella, I'm not going to research exactly the time sequence bafinegan is considering when commenting to you.  Here are YOUR facts: YOU cruise on a Sunday.  Your test MUST be Friday, Saturday or possibly Sunday if you can pull it off that morning. Thursday testing for a Sunday embarkation no longer qualifies, effect today.  Think of the sequence on consecutive days as 1) test, 2) fly to port, 3) embark ship.  It can make a Monday embarkation a pain as testing would need to be over a weekend.  Hope that's clear enough. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, jsglow said:

stella, I'm not going to research exactly the time sequence bafinegan is considering when commenting to you.  Here are YOUR facts: YOU cruise on a Sunday.  Your test MUST be Friday, Saturday or possibly Sunday if you can pull it off that morning. Thursday testing for a Sunday embarkation no longer qualifies, effect today.  Think of the sequence on consecutive days as 1) test, 2) fly to port, 3) embark ship.  It can make a Monday embarkation a pain as testing would need to be over a weekend.  Hope that's clear enough. 

My mistake, I thought she embarked on sat not flew out on sat.  I was wrong.  You are correct, you need ot test on Fri or Sat for a SUNDAY embarkation.   Her original post stated test for the op's SATURDAY embarkation needed to be Friday.  Must be where I thought her embarkation was Saturday also ( which was not disclosed in her first reply)

Capture.PNG

Edited by bafinegan
  • Like 1

Make sure the name on your test results matches your ID! My roomie booked my test under my nickname (Katie) not my legal name. I got a new test day of sailing just in case, and confirmed at check-in that they would NOT have accepted the other.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, stellarose said:

I'm not sure why you keep commenting on what YOU are going to do, which is not what the OP asked.  They're cruising on Saturday and you're cruising on Sunday so the answer is not the same.  🤦‍♀️

• Thanks 1