October US protocols only cover first half of the month

molly361

27 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Thanks....and ordering directly from EMed is cheaper.....6 for $150....than ordering through RCI. RCI is charging $69 for 2 and $99 for 3 tests. 

I thought that the order from royal was for packs of 2 so 3 packs would be 6 tests, or am I mistaken, can anyone who has received them verify how many in a pack?

4 hours ago, molly361 said:

Hoping it's no more testing if vaccinated and  I can't believe this would be my second choice but no mask wearing

We have a B2B on Symphony, October 9 and October 16. Will be interesting to see if there is a change in protocols for the 2nd leg. 

My suspicion the Oct 1-15 protocol limit is to limit the cash flow loss from refunds. By explicitly allowing refunds, it gives people an excuse to ask for them now for October cruises. By waiting until the second half of the month protocols, it allows less of a cash flow loss now and burden on customer service and keeps hope for some sort of change, either relaxing of protocols or hope of more people ordering home tests, or even Royal implementing some sort of port testing option, as the Carnival brands will be doing. 

4 hours ago, molly361 said:

But then why not just put the protocols out for the entire month of October not just the first half?  

I have a feeling the date range hinges more on what the Bahamas are doing than on what the CDC may or may not do. Here's what we received today from RCL for our 10/10 Allure cruise:

October 1 - 15, 2021 Sailings Protocols

We'd like to share our health & safety protocols for our sailings departing from U.S. homeports October 1 - 15, 2021. This includes advisement from The Bahamian Government that all passengers ages 12 and older traveling onboard a cruise ship are required to be fully vaccinated in order for the ship to be allowed entry, and pre-cruise testing requirements from the U.S. CDC.

Health and safety protocols are subject to change and as these occur, we're committed to updating you.

Visit this link for all of our health protocols & additional details. Please save it for future reference.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rj59 said:

My suspicion the Oct 1-15 protocol limit is to limit the cash flow loss from refunds. By explicitly allowing refunds, it gives people an excuse to ask for them now for October cruises. By waiting until the second half of the month protocols, it allows less of a cash flow loss now and burden on customer service and keeps hope for some sort of change

My thoughts exactly.

• Like 1