What happens if Celebrity cancels a cruise before sailing.

Cg52

1 minute ago, Cg52 said:

We are booked for a cruise this coming January with a Non refundable Deposit. NRD.

if Celebrity cancels the cruise, do you know if they will refund this deposit?

Thanks in advance .

NRD will be credited to your account as a future cruise credit, 

FCC.  I had 2 small ones from 2 cancelled sailings last year which I have used for an upcoming sailing.

7 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

NRD will be credited to your account as a future cruise credit, 

FCC.  I had 2 small ones from 2 cancelled sailings last year which I have used for an upcoming sailing.

Thank you. Do you know if this FCC has the same restrictions as the ones in place if we cancel? They are very restrictive.

9 minutes ago, zitsky said:

We got a credit (FCC) for a canceled cruise.  So we rebooked.  But now, I'm getting the feeling that X might cancel this one too!  Oh well maybe third time will be the charm.

Which cruise did you book and why would they cancel?

4 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Which cruise did you book and why would they cancel?

It was several Infinity cruises.  I don't remember the reason if I ever knew.  Mine was in November Lisbon to Barcelona I think.  It was canceled back in June / July.

30 minutes ago, zitsky said:

We got a credit (FCC) for a canceled cruise.  So we rebooked.  But now, I'm getting the feeling that X might cancel this one too!  Oh well maybe third time will be the charm.

Rolling those 125% FCCs really adds up.  We did so for 3 consecutive cancellations, and applied the whole bundle.

3 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

If Celebrity initiates the cancelation you are typically given a small period of time to request a full cash refund, even with a NRD. 

Thsnk you. That is what I was wondering. The guidelines on using the FCC if we cancel are very restrictive. We have to book by April and sail within the year. If we rebook and have to cancel we lose it. Unfortunately this very different from what we were told when we booked or we would not have taken the NRD.

15 minutes ago, Cg52 said:

Thsnk you. That is what I was wondering. The guidelines on using the FCC if we cancel are very restrictive. We have to book by April and sail within the year. If we rebook and have to cancel we lose it. Unfortunately this very different from what we were told when we booked or we would not have taken the NRD.

From what I recall you have to book by end April 2022 and sail by next September. That could very well be extended due to more cancellations. I applied two $125 FCC'S to my upcoming November cruise. Who knows of that will happen as the situation is very fluid.

2 hours ago, vickykay said:

I would think so.  We had a cancelled cruise that was booked through a TA.  Celebrity sent us a future cruise credit certificate thru email.

Good.  I've not been impressed with my TA and her company lately.  Impossible to get a response during this recent fare sale. I'm better off dealing directly with Celebrity.