Priority Boarding out of Canaveral?

SurfCat

We are booked to cruise on the Elation out of Canaveral on October 21, 2021.  Had FTTF purchased, but as reported, it won't be available.  I'm debating upgrading from a balcony to a suite, but would only do so if it will save me from standing in line during embarkation.

I've searched as well as I can on the boards and have not been able to find a definitive answer as to whether there will be any type of priority boarding.  Thanks in advance for any help.

Edited by SurfCat

• SurfCat changed the title to Priority Boarding out of Canaveral?

We cruised out of Port Canaveral in August (although not the Elation) and Galveston in July, and in both cases, guests in suites boarded first.  In Port Canaveral they had their own lounge, in Galveston I did not notice that was the case (although I might have missed it), but they were clearly called to board first.

• Like 1

For the 8/7 Mardi Gras sailing, there was no priority embarkation. Not sure if that's changed or not. Here's a reply (book of faces) I received from Carnival on 8/21 regarding our long (no priority) boarding process:

Hello Thomas,

I'm sorry to hear about the long wait in your line. Unfortunately, there is no priority embarkation on any ships at the present time. 

All guests are boarding as per their arrival appointment. For Diamond and Platinum, your loyalty level has been added to your luggage tags to expedite delivery of checked luggage on embarkation day. Lounges are being utilized as overflow and/or testing.

Tom

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SurfCat said:

We are booked to cruise on the Elation out of Canaveral on October 21, 2021.  Had FTTF purchased, but as reported, it won't be available.  I'm debating upgrading from a balcony to a suite, but would only do so if it will save me from standing in line during embarkation.

I've searched as well as I can on the boards and have not been able to find a definitive answer as to whether there will be any type of priority boarding.  Thanks in advance for any help.

We are Diamond and still stood in line although it did move quickly

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dbrucern said:

I just watched a video of embarkation on another line and loved their set up. You could arrive  at whatever time but there was posted signs with roped off area that you stand in for your boarding time. And they were checking!

What -- organization and rules??? Why, I never !!!

😄

Tom

• Like 3

Just remember that a Suite gets early boarding priority but not priority cabin access.  May be moot point now since I'm not sure if anyone gets priority cabin access with Covid policies.  But under normal times, a Suite gets you on the ship early, but not in your cabin.

Edited by Fla Senior

We were on the Magic a few weeks ago. I have to admit, I really missed the priority boarding but we were so happy to be cruising again, it didn't matter. We're cruising Mardi Gras on9/25 and will just show up a little later with A05 boarding number and hopefully just walk on. Let's cruise!

7 hours ago, goLC said:

So we can do online checkin at 12:01 am Thursday.   Do each of the three of us have to or can one do it for all three?

One can do it. Are you in 1 cabin or what? You'll need their booking number if different cabins. Pick your time slot and click through to completion, you can come back to complete any other information required. You'll get a slot and boarding group.10:30/A-01 or along that line.

11 hours ago, Houndfish said:

Usually do fttf bht with lower passenger load didn'tdoit on 8-30-21 Mavi  out of Canaveral. Would have  een a waste if money. Basically walked thru all check points and boarded. Maybe different in Oct .

FTTF not available through at least Dec. with latest cancellation & refund out this week. Oct. should be pretty much same as what you did on 8/30.