Which Department to Contact re FCD

In Toronto

We have a FCD which we purchased in November of 2019 while on the Caribbean Princess.  We used it as deposit on a November 21 cruise.  However, then we cancelled that cruise.  Shortly after, we booked a November 2022 cruise but the FCD was not yet in our account.  We were allowed to book the cruise with no deposit with the stipulation being that we must apply the deposit as soon as it was back in our account, latest September 19th.

Now it has, finally, been returned to our account.  Today our poor TA spent hours on the phone with Princess (3 agents and 1 supervisor).  The outcome was that they say it cannot be used anymore as a deposit but can be used as OBC.  We must pay the $1000. deposit by the 19th. It is not a problem having the $1000 tied up.  However, two things - We do not now get the $100. each OBC for using as a deposit.  Also, we are in our early 80s and who knows how many cruises we will be healthy enough to take.  If it is counted as OBC, do we get it back at any time?  

I want to talk to Princess myself.  Any ideas of the department to call?

Thanks.

On 9/15/2021 at 11:29 AM, dog said:

customer relations might listen.

my FCD purchased on Sky Dec 2019 was moved from a cancelled cruise to march 2022 cruise.

You are right, dog.  That is exactly who did straighten this out.  All Princess' fault and I had to go through hours of phone time.  Turns out the problem was that when the credit was put back into the account, both $100.00 credits were put in my account instead of $100.00 in each account  So, could not be used as a FCD anymore. But, done now.  I don't understand why it had to be such a big deal.  As I have heard many time, with Princess there are problems beforehand but once you are on the ship, all is lovely.  Happy Sailings.

On 9/15/2021 at 12:12 AM, geoherb said:

Princess reps generally won't discuss such matters with you if you booked through a TA. 

What they won't discuss or act on are cabin changes, upgrades, re-fares, payments.  Things to do with the cabin and cruise fare owed.  I would not hesitate to contact Princess Customer Relations for a FCD issue which is something derived from a direct dealing with Princess (ordered and paid for on a ship).  If there is a problem with FCD from a Princess cancellation, then Princess needs to fix it.  It also would be same issue for another booking.

The OP did the right thing and Princess also did the right thing in making it right.  Good all around.