Solstice Asia cruises cancelled thru April 2022

englishlee

3 hours ago, Roxydog15 said:

I was able to move my 14-day Japan trip to the near-equivalent in 2023 for 12 days, with same perks as original booking.  So seems they are a bit more flexible upfront than when this all started and we were supposed to rebook same number of nights, except they changed the itinerary lengths making it impossible to L&S to anything equivalent w/o a fight. 

Did they pro rata the rate and refund the difference?

20 hours ago, zitsky said:

Those Japan cruises seem pretty popular.  I looked into doing one for 2022 but they were booked solid.  Maybe I'll do 2023.  I wonder why X is walking away from that much business?

X would be more than happy doing those cruises but at this stage it is not clear when Japan will open it's borders + when they would allow cruise operations happening again. Hence, for logistic reasons it was probably more economical to already cancel the whole season now.

5 hours ago, Homestyle said:

Did they pro rata the rate and refund the difference?

When our 14 night Christmas 2021 Asia (Solstice) cruise was cancelled a few months ago, we were allowed to transfer the booking to an 11 night Christmas 2022 Asia (Solstice) cruise and we kept all our incentives and perks.

The cruise fare was also maintained but was prorated to compensate for the shorter itinerary.

Before proration, the cruise fare was actually technically based on a 14 night Christmas 2020 Asia cruise aboard Millennium which was lifted and shifted to the now cancelled Solstice Christmas 2021 sailing. 

All 3 mentioned Christmas cruises were the Hong Kong - Singapore variety (or vice versa). 

David 

Edited by mahdnc

1 hour ago, mahdnc said:

When our 14 night Christmas 2021 Asia (Solstice) cruise was cancelled a few months ago, we were allowed to transfer the booking to an 11 night Christmas 2022 Asia (Solstice) cruise and we kept all our incentives and perks.

The cruise fare was also maintained but was prorated to compensate for the shorter itinerary.

Before proration, the cruise fare was actually technically based on a 14 night Christmas 2020 Asia cruise aboard Millennium which was lifted and shifted to the now cancelled Solstice Christmas 2021 sailing. 

All 3 mentioned Christmas cruises were the Hong Kong - Singapore variety (or vice versa). 

David 

Thank you, i did call them back to check and was told to wait to see what my new invoice version 4 says. did they refund the pro rata to your bank card? either way OBC would be fine too. 

21 hours ago, ExArkie said:

We were on the transpacific April 24, 2022, on Solstice. This, too, is now gone, but I’m not in a position to call Celebrity until tomorrow (traveling today). 

We’d booked an S2 guarantee (only thing they were offering in suites), which is shown to be “sold out” on Celebrity’s Web site for the 2023 sailing. Did notice that some other sites were offering suite guarantees for the 2023 trip, so there may be some possibility…although at more than $1,500 per person higher price, we will probably take the refund and look for another option.

Called today and waited on hold for about 45 minutes. They were willing to book us on the 2023 sailing at the same price, same inclusions, etc., but were not able to match the same cabin category. Highest available category was Concierge Class.

We decided that the experience of sailing in a suite was a big part of what we wanted, so did not rebook to the 2023 sailing. The terms on getting 125% FCC were to book by end of next April for a sailing before the end of next year, which we did not feel could be done based on our current plans and commitments. Requested a refund instead, which the rather pleasant lady on the phone submitted to the appropriate department. Now to see how long it takes to get that processed.

On 9/15/2021 at 10:05 AM, Homestyle said:

It would be double to cost to book at todays rates, we have all three perks and $300 OBC.  I could never repeat the deal we have on both cabins.

Same position for us...I have been reviewing options online myself & with our TA. 

Celebrity cancelled our Med itinerary fall of 2020 so we booked Japan March 2021, then L&S to March 2022, & now the same for March 2023!  Don't want to give up on the OBC & the perks (which have been offered as incentives to book now for awhile anyway).  Disappointed is 2 days less though, although the actual port stop of Kyoto is a gain.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Homestyle said:

Thank you, i did call them back to check and was told to wait to see what my new invoice version 4 says. did they refund the pro rata to your bank card? either way OBC would be fine too. 

We never reached the final payment stage when our cruise was cancelled, so the adjustment shows up as a reduced final payment for the new cruise. 

Homestyle:  I just did the daily rate calculation on the base fare, and it went from $307 for 14 days to $293 for the new 12 days.  Our final, total cost (delux Veranda for each) was $8,460; and now $7,259.  So apparently a bit of a savings I guess.  I have a Refundable deposit which transferred to the new cruise.  

• Thanks 1