Solstice Asia cruises cancelled thru April 2022

englishlee

16 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Too bad. I heard the cherry blossoms in March and April are pretty.

We went to Japan a few years ago for Cherry Blossom time and it was wonderful! We were booked on an Asia cruise in January which was cancelled today. We were glad Celebrity acted so swiftly as we also had a land trip booked which we will cancel. Celebrity put safety above profit in Asia, well done Celebrity!

We were booked for the April Japan cruise and as soon as I received the email this morning  I was on the phone to Celebrity.  (Usually book with our TA but had booked this cruise onboard at the beginning of the pandemic and forgot to transfer it.  Worked to our advantage this time I think.) 

I was only on hold a short while before a very helpful rep was able to move us to the (shortened by two days) March 28, 2023 sailing.   We were booked in an S2 but only two S1’s were available  (an aft corner!) so quickly snagged it.  

I am on hold to Celebrity.  They are saying that there are no Inside available in our category, but there are a few insides one category up ie Cat 10.  We need two cabins, one for the grown up kids.  The children's cabin was originally a guarantee, that has since been allocated.  It seems really unfair that they are now nailing it down to not just and inside but a specific category.  Virtually no change of getting a Lift and Shift at that rate.

Also, this was booked on the back of a cancelled Asia, Vietnam and Thailand trip and they wont consider us going back to the original itinerary. either, even though its £600 cheaper than the April trip.  They are just pushing to give me my 100% money back.

2 minutes ago, Homestyle said:

I am on hold to Celebrity.  They are saying that there are no Inside available in our category, but there are a few insides one category up ie Cat 10.  We need two cabins, one for the grown up kids.  The children's cabin was originally a guarantee, that has since been allocated.  It seems really unfair that they are now nailing it down to not just and inside but a specific category.  Virtually no change of getting a Lift and Shift at that rate.

Also, this was booked on the back of a cancelled Asia, Vietnam and Thailand trip and they wont consider us going back to the original itinerary. either, even though its £600 cheaper than the April trip.  They are just pushing to give me my 100% money back.

If Celebrity is pushing to give you your money back, I’d take it and run. You can then leisurely look at your options and see what is out there. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Travelexpert35 said:

If Celebrity is pushing to give you your money back, I’d take it and run. You can then leisurely look at your options and see what is out there. 

Agreed.  There are other cruise lines.  Maybe you'll find a better deal.

44 minutes ago, Travelexpert35 said:

It would be double to cost to book at todays rates, we have all three perks and $300 OBC.  I could never repeat the deal we have on both cabins.

We were on the transpacific April 24, 2022, on Solstice. This, too, is now gone, but I’m not in a position to call Celebrity until tomorrow (traveling today). 

We’d booked an S2 guarantee (only thing they were offering in suites), which is shown to be “sold out” on Celebrity’s Web site for the 2023 sailing. Did notice that some other sites were offering suite guarantees for the 2023 trip, so there may be some possibility…although at more than $1,500 per person higher price, we will probably take the refund and look for another option.

we had our April cruise from Tokyo to Singapore cancelled months ago by Azamara.  Soooo disappointing. 

Yes, the cherry blossoms are amazing especially at night when they are back lit and people picnic beneath them, everyone having a great time.

Got our cancellation email today.  Decided for now to just shift it to March 28, 2023 since we could keep our onboard booking perks.  Insurance we have moved with it.  Now hope to use that airfare for the next trip that is the 3rd attempt at Iceland.  Sigh*  But Very much appreciate X making this call so far in advance.  Who would have thought that back in winter of 2020, we'd still be monkeying around with all these trips.  Sigh**

• Like 1

Wow, was I happy that my travel agent could take care of this.   I got the cancellation email today, contacted my travel agent, and was booked in a "lift and shift" to March 2023, which I find better than March 2022 anyway.   We are changing from a 14 day itinerary to a 12 day itinerary and have plenty of time to plan, so we may keep the same number of travel days and just tag on a couple of days on land in Japan.   

We are using a future cruise credit that has been bouncing from one cancelled cruise to another, so a cash refund was not an option for us.   If you are being offered cash, that may be a plus, as it gives you more flexibility to decide when you cruise and opens you up to all cruise lines.   I'm a big fan of Celebrity, but wound up on an MSC Cruise in Europe this summer and was pleasantly surprised, so take that for what it is worth.

Sorry to hear that your Japan cruise was caneled.  We were originally scheduled for Japan this past March/April and got 'shifted' to a 11 Night ABC island cruise.  We do have a 12 day best of Japan sailing scheduled for November 4, 2022.  Keeping our toes and fingers crossed as we would both love to go back to Japan.  My wife was raised in Kanagawa-ken so it would be like a trip home for us.  Something that is long over due.

Today we just had our Celebrity Apr 2022 Japan/TP cruise. So we started looking for an alternative that had a high probability of sailing during the same Apr 2022 time frame and found a Vista Suite on an 18 day Panama Canal cruise on the Caribbean Princess for $6,898 pp (or $383 pp/day). We found a similar Celebrity Panama Canal cruise in a regular veranda cabin, but only for 15 days on the Millennium, for $5,616 with the current 20% discount and refundable deposit (or $374 pp/day). 

For us the Princess cruise option was a no brainer, especially when we also get our dual military OBC perk of $500 along with an extra $300 OBC from using our $100 FCDs to book the cruise whereas with the Celebrity cruise it required a $900 deposit. 

Don't get me wrong, we enjoy cruising with Celebrity. But when we can get a Vista Suite with all the trimmings for roughly the same price as a regular veranda, how can we pass up that deal! 😎

We were booked on the 14 day Hong Kong to Singapore cruise in Feb that was just cancelled - Still using a FCC from the very first cruise that was cancelled back in Jan 2 years ago for the same itinerary - Spent 1 hr on hold and gave up - Hoping to Lift and Shift to a Japan 12 day next year instead - Wonder if they will allow it - Same itinerary or same region for the L&S? Otherwise we basically lose out..

I was able to move my 14-day Japan trip to the near-equivalent in 2023 for 12 days, with same perks as original booking.  So seems they are a bit more flexible upfront than when this all started and we were supposed to rebook same number of nights, except they changed the itinerary lengths making it impossible to L&S to anything equivalent w/o a fight. 

4 minutes ago, Roxydog15 said:

I was able to move my 14-day Japan trip to the near-equivalent in 2023 for 12 days, with same perks as original booking.  So seems they are a bit more flexible upfront than when this all started and we were supposed to rebook same number of nights, except they changed the itinerary lengths making it impossible to L&S to anything equivalent w/o a fight. 

If any of these Asia cruises have stops in China and if leading up to and during their hosting of the 2022 Winter Olympics, expect them to be canceled.  My husband is from China and his family there has told him that they are laser on this right now.