Cruise Cancellation for non-Americans?

Vict0riann

1 hour ago, VMax1700 said:

Please allow a dumb European to ask the question:  How can they enter Canada from USA and then return to USA, but Canadians cannot transit USA?  I am sure there is a logical explanation. 

From what I understand it has to do with Canadians coming from Schengen Area in Europe which is the issue in this case.  Which is stupid because a Canadian could be just flying in the day of departure and go straight from the airport to ship to depart but technically they have been in the Schengen Area.   On the other hand, we can fly to the US no problem from Canada.  Although we can’t drive across.  But US can come and go across the land border.    

Isn’t this fun?   

• Like 2

10 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Please allow a dumb European to ask the question:  How can they enter Canada from USA and then return to USA, but Canadians cannot transit USA?  I am sure there is a logical explanation. 

Canadians have been able to fly into US, for most of the pandemic,   just not drive over the boarder.

43 minutes ago, nocl said:

Canadians have been able to fly into US, for most of the pandemic,   just not drive over the boarder.

So where is the rationale that if they are in transit that they can’t just go the airport and fly out?  I hate politics

I hate what’s happening for anyone who had these cruises booked.  It’s unfair.  The Non - Americans are all fully vaccinated and frankly, Canada’s vaccination rate and control of the pandemic overall has been much better so it makes no sense at all to me. 🤷‍♀️ 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

must be because the Covid virus only travels across the border in cars but not on planes.

might also be because anyone flying internationally must show test results before boarding aircraft.  Easier to shut down land entry than trying to put similar requirements for land entry. FAA can require it for flights, land entry is less clear.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nocl said:

might also be because anyone flying internationally must show test results before boarding aircraft.  Easier to shut down land entry than trying to put similar requirements for land entry. FAA can require it for flights, land entry is less clear.

Except anyone disembarking from the ships in other countries are required to also show their test results since they are flying home.  🤔   Surely if people had an airline ticket and a test along with being fully vaccinated that should suffice???  But that would take common sense, I guess 😉 

5 hours ago, kazu said:

Except anyone disembarking from the ships in other countries are required to also show their test results since they are flying home.  🤔   Surely if people had an airline ticket and a test along with being fully vaccinated that should suffice???  But that would take common sense, I guess 😉 

yes and no as the Florida restraining order against the CDC has shown, the ability to enforce uniformly for land and sea entry at boarders is not certain.