Covid Testing In Copenhagen

twocruisersok

2 minutes ago, Travelntanya said:

Therefore, we will need to test in Copenhagen as an added expense and extra stress.  I decided to arrive an extra day early to give a buffer in case there were flight delays, etc and to enjoy the city but now I have to figure out Covid testing. 

We're in the same boat, so to speak, we fly in July.  Apparently there are test sites in Copenhagen.  I've been checking the main Copenhagen thread here on CC under Ports of Call, Northern Europe & Baltic Sea. The thread is called Wonderful Copenhagen 2020.  

Somewhere, there is a Regent link that will list available test sites at any destination.  But I can't find it right now.

On 3/31/2022 at 3:41 PM, Wendy The Wanderer said:

We're in the same boat, so to speak, we fly in July.  Apparently there are test sites in Copenhagen.  I've been checking the main Copenhagen thread here on CC under Ports of Call, Northern Europe & Baltic Sea. The thread is called Wonderful Copenhagen 2020.  

Somewhere, there is a Regent link that will list available test sites at any destination.  But I can't find it right now.

I figured out we can test during our 3 hour layover in LAX.  I've set it up for $80pp.  I did the antigen test so hopefully will get results before boarding to Denmark.  This at least gives me a little bit of piece of mind in case either of us is positive.  I will be able to cancel for credit and also we wont get stuck having to quarantine overseas.  I see we can test at Flack lab at the Copenhagen airport (antigen I believe is around $60pp).  I do not see were i can schedule a test so I plan on calling them to see how much time we should add to our arrival time at the airport prior to our flight back to the U.S.

8 hours ago, Travelntanya said:

I see we can test at Flack lab at the Copenhagen airport

Situation and opportunities change all the time - check options immediately before your trip to Denmark - current information available at covidresults.dk
The rapid antigen test sites in Denmark are closed from 6 March, 2022 - Falck Test in CPH is closed - however, it is still possible to have PCR tests done for free in CPH.

Today you must register on covidresults.dk - As a non-Danish citizen, you have to register on Covidresults.dk before meeting up at the test center. You can show without an appointment.

You will normally be able to see your test result 12-24 hours after your test.

As Travel restrictions as a result of COVID-19 no longer apply to entry to Denmark, many test sites are closed.

Edited by hallasm
  • Thanks 1

On 4/6/2022 at 12:58 AM, hallasm said:

Situation and opportunities change all the time - check options immediately before your trip to Denmark - current information available at covidresults.dk
The rapid antigen test sites in Denmark are closed from 6 March, 2022 - Falck Test in CPH is closed - however, it is still possible to have PCR tests done for free in CPH.

Today you must register on covidresults.dk - As a non-Danish citizen, you have to register on Covidresults.dk before meeting up at the test center. You can show without an appointment.

You will normally be able to see your test result 12-24 hours after your test.

As Travel restrictions as a result of COVID-19 no longer apply to entry to Denmark, many test sites are closed.

Thank you for the reply.  I emailed CPH a few days ago inquiring if Falck was still testing.  CPH emailed back stating the company was still doing antigen testing at the airport......

Thanks for the update  @Travelntanya. At Copenhagen Airport, there are still two providers of Coronatest:

Falck's test center in terminal 2 - offers antigen test, PCR test and antibody test for a fee - Falck offers antigen test for DKK 199 (US$ 30).  Response time for certificate is  30 minutes.

Alternatively The Capital Region of Denmark's has a test center in P5 car park area offering a free PCR tests. People without a Danish ID can get a test without an appointment, but must register in advance  on covidresults.dk.  Response time for certificate Is 24 hours.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2021 at 12:35 AM, twocruisersok said:

We have a cruise booked for June, 2022 from Copenhagen through Royal Caribbean.  I'm starting to worry about getting the Covid test done itwo days ibefore sailing n a foreign country.  How easy is it to find testing and would it be easy being foreigners?  I have the monitored home test, but would need to find out if they can be done from overseas, and what phone number to call.  It's stressful enough cruising out of the U. S., but I'm already stressed about how to do it from Europe.  I am hoping things will quiet down before June, but I'm not too optimistic.

take an antigen test at the Copenhagen airport for $30. Apparently hotel staff have been helpful in guiding tourist to testing sites.

On 4/13/2022 at 3:45 AM, hallasm said:

Thanks for the update  @Travelntanya. At Copenhagen Airport, there are still two providers of Coronatest:

Falck's test center in terminal 2 - offers antigen test, PCR test and antibody test for a fee - Falck offers antigen test for DKK 199 (US$ 30).  Response time for certificate is  30 minutes.

Alternatively The Capital Region of Denmark's has a test center in P5 car park area offering a free PCR tests. People without a Danish ID can get a test without an appointment, but must register in advance  on covidresults.dk.  Response time for certificate Is 24 hours.

Thanks for this info.  I've registered with covidresults.dk, and the closest testing site to town looks to be at Vingelodden 6, which isn't in the Capital Region.  Can you shed a little more light on this?  Maybe I'm missing something?
Our goal is to test prior to leaving the states, but I like having a backup option.

13 minutes ago, mapgirl34 said:

and the closest testing site to town looks to be at Vingelodden 6, which isn't in the Capital Region.

Vingelodden is in the Capital Region. 

As testing is no longer required in Denmark, most test centers have been closed - in the Copenhagen area there are thus only 3 places with PCR testing close to City  - Falck still has an Antigen test place at Copenhagen Airport.  

In addition to PCR test at the airport, there are two places close to Copenhagen City:

Vingelodden 6, 2200 København N

Værkstedvej 56, 2500 Valby

Værkstedsvej 56 is a 10-minute walk from Ny Ellebjerg S-train station - probably the easiest accessible after Copenhagen Airport. PCR Test will be free - Falck does charge $30 for the rapid antigen test at the airport.

All other rapid antigen test sites in Denmark are closed from 6 March, 2022.

298446C4-39B9-4718-96E7-06FB1EB6F552.jpeg

Thank you for such detailed results.  It may work out that the $30 airport test will help us get home at the end of the trip.  Though we connect overnight through LHR and I was looking at testing options there also.  Do you know if we need an appointment for airport testing?

As for the beginning of the trip, I think we'll have the same problem we're having in the states.  Testing must be done less than 48 hours prior to boarding, but results arrive 2-4 days.  So I hope to test right at that 48 hour mark before we fly, and then pray for results.  My brother-in-law is a pharmacist and says results are coming much quicker now, but in the case of us not getting results in time, I assume the PCR tests (that's what's required per the ship) in CPH are the same 2-4 days? So it won't really help us to test once we arrive in CPH either.

I need to do some more digging to find PCR tests that provide results in 1-2 days.

One more question for anyone... are cruise ships providing testing for those having to travel back to the US?  We are on MSC.

23 minutes ago, mapgirl34 said:

Do you know if we need an appointment for airport testing?

Honestly I believe questions are answered in posts above.

PCR or rapid antigen test at airport without appointment - PCR result after 24 hours - antigen test after 30 minutes - PCR at ‘The Capital Region’ is for free, also at the airport - Falck tests are for a fee.

While several PCR test sites only rapid antigen at the airport.

21 minutes ago, mapgirl34 said:

One more question for anyone... are cruise ships providing testing for those having to travel back to the US?  We are on MSC.

You better ask that question at the MSC board or the Roll Call for the cruise.

On 2/8/2022 at 11:08 AM, anitaau said:

I am also flying from US To Copenhagen on May 27. My plan is to get tested in the US before the flight to satisfy the cruise COVID test. I am flying back to the US on the last day of the cruise (Jun 4) and I see that there are rapid test available at the Copenhagen airport so I am planning on doing that at the airport.

We are also going to be on the cruise out of Copenhagen on May 29th (flying out of the U.S. on May 25th)!  Please share anything you learn about testing.  We will be in Amsterdam so I am thinking we will try and test there.  Also, anyone nervous about sailing because of the war?  Part of me wants to cancel the trip...

• Like 1