Sapphire Princess Cabin Question - Grand Suite

shythom

Hello - I tried to do a search in various ways on this board but it came up empty.

We're looking to book a suite on the Sapphire Princess to Alaska (my husband, myself and our teen).. The issue I have is many suites seem to have just a privacy curtain and we're looking for one with an actual door for better privacy between bedroom and living room. I have looked at photos, diagrams and videos but have yet to find one that indicates whether the entrance to the bedroom is a door or a privacy curtain. Does anyone have any experience with the Grand Suite on Sapphire (or one of her sister ships)?

I thank you in advance.

42 minutes ago, shythom said:

Hello - I tried to do a search in various ways on this board but it came up empty.

We're looking to book a suite on the Sapphire Princess to Alaska (my husband, myself and our teen).. The issue I have is many suites seem to have just a privacy curtain and we're looking for one with an actual door for better privacy between bedroom and living room. I have looked at photos, diagrams and videos but have yet to find one that indicates whether the entrance to the bedroom is a door or a privacy curtain. Does anyone have any experience with the Grand Suite on Sapphire (or one of her sister ships)?

I thank you in advance.

We were guests several times in the Grand suite in the Sapphire Princess in 2011. It was nothing short of spectacular. If I remember correctly there was a door to the bedroom. I checked my external hard drive to access photos. From what I can tell, it looks like there is a door to the bedroom.
Cheers, Denise 

Edited by dchip
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, dchip said:

We were guests several times in the Grand suite in the Sapphire Princess in 2011. It was nothing short of spectacular. If I remember correctly there was a door to the bedroom. I checked my external hard drive to access photos. From what I can tell, it looks like there is a door to the bedroom.
Cheers, Denise 

Thank you! I believe outside the family suite, Sapphire and it's sister ships' grand suites seem to be the only ones with a door. But I wasn't sure.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, memoak said:

I have cruised many times in both vista and owners suites and have never had a door between the sitting area and the bedroom, always a curtain. 

Yes, the owners and vista suites do seem to only have a privacy curtain. Which is why we are inquiring about the Grand Suite (specifically on Sapphire or sister ships). I don't think it would be a big issue if it were just my husband and I, but our teen is a night owl so.... And if we're paying top dollars, I would definitely want a door rather than a curtain. Thanks for your input!

5 minutes ago, shythom said:

Yes, the owners and vista suites do seem to only have a privacy curtain. Which is why we are inquiring about the Grand Suite (specifically on Sapphire or sister ships). I don't think it would be a big issue if it were just my husband and I, but our teen is a night owl so.... And if we're paying top dollars, I would definitely want a door rather than a curtain. Thanks for your input!

Unless someone makes a lot of noise it is not an issue as the curtains are pretty thick and block all light out.  Of course a loud TV could be an issue