What is it like onboard now in Caribbean? How full are the ships? Where do you need to mask?

stipmom

How far apart are the tables in the dining room for Select dining?

I booked a cruise in Feb 2020 for the Reflection in Jan 2022.

Trying to find out what the covid experience is like before I make my decision about going or not.

We are 3  senior couples all fully vaccinated

Any insight appreciated.

Thanks

We just returned two weeks ago from Sailing the Edge. My DW and I are in our mid 60’s.

The ship sailed with 1082 passengers which I believe the ship holds 3000.

I will tell you that Celebrity has the protocols for COVID down. They work with a company called ShareCare who over sees all aspects for the cleaning process. The staff was constantly wiping down rails and other parts of the ship. When at the Martini bar, once someone left a table the menu, table and candle were all wiped down. Any area a person sat at and left was immediately wiped down. Our cabin was also treated each day.

The ship was 100% vaccinated. When you enter the terminal a mask must be worn. You show your negative covid test and vaccination card. Your mask stays on until you board the ship. Once of the ship no mask are required, however the staff did wear their mask at all times except if they were outside serving.

We do not eat in the MDR, however we did walk in to see what they looked like. With only 1,000 passengers and with 350 of those were in suites, I am sure there was plenty of room to space yourself. We ate in Luminae, for suite guest, and the tables were set up normally with no separation. Same in the specialty restaurants.

I would tell you that the cruising experience was like normal times and we felt very safe. As we tell our friends we were more secure on the ship than you are going to the grocery store, Walmart, or a restaurant at home.  

Two of the ports we visited required you to be on a ship excursion in order to leave the ship and one allowed you to do your own thing. We enjoyed the ship so much we never got off.

You should feel very safe cruising with Celebrity. We thought the process and how Celebrity handled Covid was so well done we have booked a B2B2B2B2B2B for winter 2022 and one of them is on Reflection which we have sailed twice before.

Of course we are a ways out so things could change, but as of now, sail on!

Cheers!  

• Like 1

Just got off the Edge 9/11. There was no social distancing in any venue. The MDRs were empty from 530 to 630.

Solarium lounges not being use almost all day. Shows were almost empty for  7pm. Never a wait for anything. Got on ship and off within minutes. Less than 1,000 passengers. Would love to do it again under these conditions as long as everyone stayed safe. 

Stay Safe Happy Cruising!

We were aboard Edge mid August and agree with the above. Only thing to add is that at the time it was mainly a cruise only vacation. Although we could have gone ashore, we elected not to except for St. Marteen. Even there most shops at the pier were closed except for the diamond places. Believe only 2 or 3 vendors available. The 'cruise only' was just fine. Aboard Apex in November and expect the same. Senior cruisers, fully vax.

Go - have fun -  enjoy the cruise.