People who sailed on the Encore recently Question

cruisekitty22

1 hour ago, cruisekitty22 said:

I heard Choir of Man and Kinky Boots shows were cancelled on this cruise.Is that true?  Aren't the performers supposed to be vaccinated too?  I know passengers and crew had to be vaccinated to sail.  Anyone know the capacity on this ship for  your cruise?

Someone on last week's (9/11-9/18) cruise said kinky boots performed but not choir of man. I am on the 9/25 and am hoping choir of man is back on too!

3 hours ago, cruisekitty22 said:

I heard Choir of Man and Kinky Boots shows were cancelled on this cruise.Is that true?  Aren't the performers supposed to be vaccinated too?  I know passengers and crew had to be vaccinated to sail.  Anyone know the capacity on this ship for  your cruise?

On 9/4 sailing both shows were cancelled. The performers are vaccinated.  You can still get covid if vaccinated. 

It really doesn't matter if you have covid or any symptoms.  If you test positive, NCL has VERY strict protocols in place to keep crew and passengers safe.  That includes quarantine for the 'positive' person as well as those who are contact traced to that person.  Once you quarantine just a few performers in Kinky Boots and/or Choir of Man, the show can't go on.

4 minutes ago, cruiservictor said:

Starting second week back to back today. Kinky Boots was back last cruise, and Choir of Man is back this week.  So is Silas Cook as Cruise Director. Met him this morning. He actually remembered my wife and me from a cruise on the Breakaway in 2015. I was amazed. 

Yippee!!!  That is exciting news. 

Are the Gondolas running again in ISP?

How rough are the seas heading out to AK on your last cruise?

Are you freezing cold or is it bearable?

Thanks Victor.    

7 hours ago, zerooveride said:

Imagine being quarantined in a tiny crew cabin for at least 10 days . . . That has got to suck!

performers are generally treated differently than other crew members like servers and stewards. their cabins tend to be larger and often only have one occupant, and, as noted above, they can use the buffet and some of the other services on the ship. i mean, they're not staying in the haven, but their cabin might be equivalent to an inside stateroom and may in fact be a standard inside stateroom on a lower deck. it's still not someplace you'd want to spend ten days, for sure... but it probably wouldn't be a nightmarish hell.

4 hours ago, Kimbahh said:

Yippee!!!  That is exciting news. 

Are the Gondolas running again in ISP?

How rough are the seas heading out to AK on your last cruise?

Are you freezing cold or is it bearable?

Thanks Victor.    

Won't know about the gondolas until Monday afternoon.  Our scheduled arrival time is 3:30PM Alaska time, 7:30PM Eastern time.

There were very strong winds and rough seas from when we left Ward Cove late Thursday basically until our arrival in Seattle this morning.  We did not complete docking today until almost 8:30AM.  So far, so good tonight.  But we are still in the strait, having just dropped off the pilot at Port Angeles.

It was in the low to mid 50s for all of our ports last week.  The worst weather was at Ward Cove, with steady rain being blown sideways by strong winds.

We are back today at Adventure Landing instead of Wilderness Landing, so no gondolas again.  Not sure why, except the Guest Services Manager said they got a last minute call from the tour operators to dock here.  As recently as the "Encore Today" TV show this morning (recorded last night), Silas was saying we would be at Wilderness Landing and that everyone could take a short walk or the gondolas to where the tours depart from.  Will try to get more details.

On 9/18/2021 at 10:32 PM, UKstages said:

performers are generally treated differently than other crew members like servers and stewards. their cabins tend to be larger and often only have one occupant, and, as noted above, they can use the buffet and some of the other services on the ship. i mean, they're not staying in the haven, but their cabin might be equivalent to an inside stateroom and may in fact be a standard inside stateroom on a lower deck. it's still not someplace you'd want to spend ten days, for sure... but it probably wouldn't be a nightmarish hell.

Also, being at such a reduced capacity, I would HOPE NCL is putting ALL crew members who have to quarantine in a larger space than crew cabins. 

2 hours ago, cruiservictor said:

We are back today at Adventure Landing instead of Wilderness Landing, so no gondolas again.  Not sure why, except the Guest Services Manager said they got a last minute call from the tour operators to dock here.  As recently as the "Encore Today" TV show this morning (recorded last night), Silas was saying we would be at Wilderness Landing and that everyone could take a short walk or the gondolas to where the tours depart from.  Will try to get more details.

As per Silas, the port authorities decided that with the high winds, it was not safe to run the gondolas.  So, we diverted to Adventure Landing.

On 9/18/2021 at 11:32 PM, UKstages said:

The performers on the Encore are in crew quarters. Most crew on the larger ships have private rooms with Jack-n-Jill bathrooms. The performers talked about the shared bathrooms. They are all very tiny rooms with just enough space to standup before hitting a wall (maybe half the size of an inside room). Now, if they were moved to an isolation room vs. being quarantined in their own cabins, those are guest cabins near the medical center (Deck 12 on the Encore). 

4 hours ago, cruiservictor said:

Thank you Victor.  It was so nice of you to respond back.  I hope you have the chance to see Choir of Men, and have a fantastic cruise.  

• Thanks 1