How many gala nights on a 9 day cruise?

farjar

what specifically do you mean by "gala nights"?  if youre asking about dress up, ncl is freestyle you can wear what you want (within reason) they do have a dress up or not night when you can have pretty pictures taken (sometimes with the captain) , but after 18 cruises  on ncl since 2010, i have never experienced anything called a gala night

Honestly? None. There are "dress up if you want" nights, but NCL doesn't do a lot of fanfare around them. You see people in formalwear every night right next to others in resortwear next to others in their casuals. DH has stopped bringing even a sport coat (he just wears aloha shirts and guayabera shirts in the evenings) and I don't think I ever wore the dresses I brought on our last NCL cruise. 

Edited by Shellbelle28

NCL embraces the "Dress Up or Not" philosophy. Most people select "Not". For gents, there are few to no suits (no black tie/formalwear), mostly casual attire (polo shirts, dockers) and sundresses and light blouses for the ladies. Shorts are allowed in all dining rooms for all meals except dinner in Le Bistro and Ocean Blue where gents are asked to wear long pants (dockers, jeans). 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, complawyer said:

what specifically do you mean by "gala nights"?  if youre asking about dress up, ncl is freestyle you can wear what you want (within reason) they do have a dress up or not night when you can have pretty pictures taken (sometimes with the captain) , but after 18 cruises  on ncl since 2010, i have never experienced anything called a gala night

Photographers are usually available almost every night. If anyone wants photos taken I would recommend that they avoid dress up or not night as that will be busier (unless you really need a picture with the captain).