Abbott home testing

jdixon0631

On 9/20/2021 at 6:01 PM, jdixon0631 said:

Looking for the hours of operation to take the COVID Abbott home test. Really not wanting to miss the boat , no pun intended. Looking for the hours to get tested online

I am so glad you asked this!! I came here to see if I could find this question and answer, thank you Op and thank you JDixon

When I did mine this morning I thought the queue was really long because mine was hung up on an eternally spinning double helix. However, my husband got to a proctor in less than a minute on his laptop. Turns out I had mine locked down so much that I could not access the connection to the proctors. I got into their system right away on his to do mine. Just something to be aware of.

• Like 1

Did ours this morning - quick and easy.  Barely waited 30 seconds for someone to answer.  The longest wait is just the 15 minutes for the test results.  It was a little tough with the foreign accents, and I was overthinking the test and the process, but it’s quite simple and easy!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snowballs mom said:

When I did mine this morning I thought the queue was really long because mine was hung up on an eternally spinning double helix. However, my husband got to a proctor in less than a minute on his laptop. Turns out I had mine locked down so much that I could not access the connection to the proctors. I got into their system right away on his to do mine. Just something to be aware of.

Can you clarify about what you meant by yours was locked down so much?

8 minutes ago, IloveOrchids said:

We are sailing in December 31, 2021 with that in mine, does anyone know if Carnival is accepting  the  home Abbott test kits that have expired even though the FDA has given a 12month waiver? 

Did you look up the lot number of your test to see exactly when it does expire?

I have no firsthand knowledge of this but I do know one of the first things you have to do is show the online proctor the information on your box.  So I would imagine if your test has expired they would not be able to complete the test…

I would definitely check the lot #’s….

I haven't ordered my kits yet since it's a December sailing .  Hopefully I have attached  the FDA extension letter that came along with the letter earlier this month from Carnival.  I called Carnival customer service today, the person I spoke with didn't have a clue.  

Thank you for your input . 

EUA-abbott-binaxNOW-Rev-2021-04-06 (1).pdf

47 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

Can you clarify about what you meant by yours was locked down so much?

I turned off a lot of things that are on by default when I bought my new laptop last year, since I am paranoid. I didn't bother to try and figure it out since my husband's worked.

On 9/20/2021 at 9:03 PM, jdixon0631 said:

Yes proctored test. Just making sure 24/7

6A6239D7-FBA5-497F-9011-BB3B9DD7E9DE.jpeg

I talked to EMed and they said the lot numbers  do not matter. All tests are good for three months past the expiration days on the box. I was concerned about the lot numbers as well.

5 hours ago, IloveOrchids said:

We are sailing in December 31, 2021 with that in mine, does anyone know if Carnival is accepting  the  home Abbott test kits that have expired even though the FDA has given a 12month waiver? 

The proctor won't take a test with an expired kit. If it is within the 3-month extension, you are fine. If not, then eMed won't accept the test either.

1 hour ago, crewsweeper said:

Word of possible caution on home tests....Watch what you drink before taking the test.

10 Drinks That Can Lead to a False Positive COVID Test (msn.com)

I think you missed something here: this is not from people drinking these items, but from people dropping the liquid onto the  the test cassettes. the article stated...

"By applying certain everyday beverages directly onto some COVID-19 lateral flow test cassettes."

And by the way - the positive test line disappears once the test cassette dries out, If it is an actual positive test, the line does not disappear.  It seems some students may want to miss their calculus test or something like that  - that never happened back in the day when I was in school - - maybe.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RGEDad said:

I think you missed something here: this is not from people drinking these items, but from people dropping the liquid onto the  the test cassettes. the article stated...

"By applying certain everyday beverages directly onto some COVID-19 lateral flow test cassettes."

And by the way - the positive test line disappears once the test cassette dries out, If it is an actual positive test, the line does not disappear.  It seems some students may want to miss their calculus test or something like that  - that never happened back in the day when I was in school - - maybe.

Good to know.

I just Wanted to add a note as I wasn’t sure about this. I ordered the 6 pack and had to enter 3 names. I wasn’t sure if I could use for more people. Well here too say that 4 of us used the tests with no issue. Each person must create a free NAVICA account. Very easy process!!!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 9/24/2021 at 3:30 PM, CJinFLA00 said:

I just Wanted to add a note as I wasn’t sure about this. I ordered the 6 pack and had to enter 3 names. I wasn’t sure if I could use for more people. Well here too say that 4 of us used the tests with no issue. Each person must create a free NAVICA account. Very easy process!!!

Oh, goodness, thank you for posting this! We are cruising end of this month and I've been spending *hours* reading many different posts here on CC trying to find this exact information, before I go ahead and order. (There are also 4 of us.) They really ought to be clearer about this (or not have you have to list only up to three names...)
I hope you enjoyed your cruise!

Four of us cruising as well in 4 weeks. I purchased a 6 Pack.  I understand we all have to have our own Navica account - but we don't all have to have an emed account correct?  You just have to go to their website to do the test but everyone does not need an account for that?