Live from Celebrity Apex Sept 25th & Oct 3rd B2B!

MR_T

‘Was kind of cool sailing through the straight between Sicily & southern Spain as both sideswoke up and could see more & more lights’

Hi Mr T

Sorry to be pedantic.

But the 2 countries you saw going through the Straits of Messina were Sicily and Southern Italy,,,not Spain

2 minutes ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

‘Was kind of cool sailing through the straight between Sicily & southern Spain as both sideswoke up and could see more & more lights’

Hi Mr T

Sorry to be pedantic.

But the 2 countries you saw going through the Straits of Messina were Sicily and Southern Italy,,,not Spain

Not pedantic, but a statement of fact and geography

No need to apologize in the least bit.

bon voyage

49 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Sorry to hear this, hopefully it will turn up.  Definitely check with Lost and Found/Security.  

Helpful hint for the future: Create a sticker With your name and Cabin Number and place it on the rear of your phone, laptop, Ipad, E-reader, Water Bottle. A luggage tag with same info if you have a gym bag or tote that you carry around on the ship.

Yes spoke to guess relations a few times and nothing so far, a report has been made and I believe that triggers the next stage of looking at cameras etc 🤞🏻

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi Mr T

Sorry to be pedantic.

Of course they were, not quite sure where I got Spain from I must have had a foggy brain to match the weather... 😜 I guess it was on my mind we were heading to Spain after Sicily 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi Mr T

Sorry to be pedantic.

I guess if we are being completely correct you should have said the island of Sicily & southern Italy as both are in Italy! But let’s not split hairs over something that was obviously an honest mistake, I’m hopeful most new what I meant at the time 😂 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So the windy day just got windier & then even windier... currently on deck 16 on my own as I just fancied a little hot tub session and I must say it’s kinda cool being right at the front of the ship on the top deck in such conditions 💨💨💨 unfortunately Julie suffering a little with the motion as are most of guest relations 😱😂 I guess for most of the crew this is most likely the worse day they’ve had in some time, the waters around Greece are pretty good generally and this section can be bad... the captain said it should get better later this evening and the next 2/3 days look nice & calm so fingers crossed 🤞🏻 

2 hours ago, MR_T said:

Yes spoke to guess relations a few times and nothing so far, a report has been made and I believe that triggers the next stage of looking at cameras etc 🤞🏻

Fingers crossed. I left my brand new AirPods Pro on my chair in the solarium on our Apex cruise in June. I was so annoyed with myself, but happy to report, they turned up in Guest Relations the next day. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MR_T said:

I guess if we are being completely correct you should have said the island of Sicily & southern Italy as both are in Italy! But let’s not split hairs over something that was obviously an honest mistake, I’m hopeful most new what I meant at the time 😂 

Hi Mr T

Touché😜

Enjoy the Tapas bars in Palma.

Majorca is my favourite Med island,,A tip,you can get the local bus outside the cruise terminal into Palma for a couple of € btw.

Edited by JeanieC,Aston

4 hours ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi Mr T

Sorry to be pedantic.

🤐

I think for today & tomorrow we plan to stay onboard and try to relax, enjoy & get some more sun before we head back to Montreal on Monday as “winter is coming” 😂 at this stage of the year we have to make the most of the warm days we have as it could be May before we get more… Anyway we’ve both been to Palma a few times and although we love it here and it’s definitely one of our favourites we just want to make the most of this ship while we have the opportunity 😎

• Like 1

A good day so far... 😁

Its been 48hrs since we lost the phone and had just about give  up hope of finding it and to be honest had put a big downer on the second cruise... now obviously it’s not the phone itself as that can be replaced and in all honesty we we’re going to upgrade it this year anyway, it’s the content that can’t be replaced and mainly the photos we’ve taken recently of our 2 pups etc, especially as one is getting on in life so lose them would be heartbreaking. 

However, as I said it’s a good day... just went back to the cabin to pick up the sunscreen I forgot to bring with us to the sun deck and there was a message saying they had found our phone          🥳  🎉  🍾 

A very happy couple of cruisers 😎 

• Like 12

27 minutes ago, Miaminice said:

The sad think about the phone issue: They were probably found by guests... 100 % convinced crew would have handed them in!!!

I have no doubt it was a crew member as it was only found this morning, I’m guessing a big clean up after the crazy winds last night I’m thinking a lot of stuff was out of place so must have been during putting everything back etc 👍🏼

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, MR_T said:

A good day so far... 😁

Its been 48hrs since we lost the phone and had just about give  up hope of finding it and to be honest had put a big downer on the second cruise... now obviously it’s not the phone itself as that can be replaced and in all honesty we we’re going to upgrade it this year anyway, it’s the content that can’t be replaced and mainly the photos we’ve taken recently of our 2 pups etc, especially as one is getting on in life so lose them would be heartbreaking. 

However, as I said it’s a good day... just went back to the cabin to pick up the sunscreen I forgot to bring with us to the sun deck and there was a message saying they had found our phone          🥳  🎉  🍾 

A very happy couple of cruisers 😎 

Yeppers, the thought of having to keep you aboard for the next sailing at no charge did it...LOL

Great and getting back to more great sailing experiences....

Back it up when you get home!

bon voyage

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, MR_T said:

I have no doubt it was a crew member as it was only found this morning, I’m guessing a big clean up after the crazy winds last night I’m thinking a lot of stuff was out of place so must have been during putting everything back etc 👍🏼

Sorry, missed the part that they were found and returned! Good!!!
What I wanted to say is that I am sure Crew members would return them - as it happended!
Not so sure about passengers...

Edited by Miaminice
  • Like 1

So glad to hear you found your phone.  I’d suggest you back your photos up to Google photos ( free) so you never lose your photos.

Miaminice, thanks for the suggestion for the tapas restaurant.  We will be there next fall on the Connie and loved tapas when we were in Spain a couple of years ago.  Those platters looked amazing!  Was the restaurant difficult to find?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, vickykay said:

Was the restaurant difficult to find?

No, not at all... it´s not right in the center of all the touristy things - but only a minute away. 

We spent a week on Mallorca in June and went to a few fabulous restaurants. But we ended up going to the Bar Coto three times because we really liked it for its unpretentious and authentic ambiance.

• Like 1

Cruise 2 - Day 7 Valencia

So the last full day has arrived 😞, With the issues we’ve had and the ups & downs along the way I’d say although it’s always said when a cruise comes to an end we are both quite looking forward to getting home and especially looking forward to seeing our 2 fur babies as it’s always hard to leave them behind as I’m sure they think we are abandoning them again! 

93BBF693-163F-4014-8E90-821E5A16278E.jpeg.423149266d7426a3733576388aa634a0.jpeg

ACCDE7A1-35E4-417A-B4EB-C3217500448F.thumb.jpeg.c7638c6fcc8b943004276d04ebf8f80e.jpeg

We are also having some renovations done to our house so that’s fun to go back and see some progress, 

back to the cruise etc... 

last night we ate at Luminae and have to say up till last night neither of us could say we we’re thrilled with the offerings there but last night the food was amazing, Julie had the crab cake and said it was by far the best thing she’s ever eaten on a ship... so anyone thats a fan of crab cakes give it a go 👍🏼

Food is so subjective and opinions are always one way or another so it’s really interesting to read other people opinions regarding restaurants, last cruse we really enjoyed most things we had in the main dining room and if I’m being honest I didn’t really see a lot of difference in quality of meals/service nor the presentation, yes there were somethings better but also somethings that we were left slightly disappointed with in the overall experience in luminae but as I said opinions are so widely different a lot of the time. I like to think as a retired chef for around 20 years & around 30 years total in the food industry I’ve seen a lot and not sure I’d be led to book a suite again just for the dining experience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

I believe someone asked about the opportunity to order from the main dining room menus and just wanted to confirm this is possible, I wasn’t that interested in the appetisers last night and our waiter asked if there was anything on the MDR menus we’d like... 👍🏼

One our favourite areas of the retreat is the small outside seating area on the main retreat lounge deck 15, we really like getting a small plate (or 2) of breakfast goodies from the lounge and taking it out there to eat, it’s quiet, comfy & has great views of the open waters or of the port you are in. Plus when done you just go strait up stairs to the sun deck 😎 

• Thanks 1

For another port we decided to stay onboard for another quiet ship day to top up the tan a little 😎 we’ve been here before and the quiet ship option won 😂 

Earlier this morning we had our (hopefully) last test of the trip 🤞🏻Because we live in Canada we had to have the PCR test which is a little more invasive but not to bad I guess, actually mine wasn’t so bad but the nurse that did Julie’s went much further in than mine did, you think it would be the same but 2 different people & 2 different procedures 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

Fingers crossed for the right results later and we can start the process of packing up worry free 🤞🏻 

• Like 1