Live from Celebrity Apex Sept 25th & Oct 3rd B2B!

MR_T

Day 6 - Dubrovnik 

The plan today is to have a good walk around and check out the sights, Julie has been before and loves it here and we actually had a 3-4 week trip planned for Croatia earlier in the year but had to cancel so at least I get a little taster on this cruise. 

We’ll get lots of pics to post later... hopefully! 

• Like 2

A few pics of our day in Dubrovnik, what a lovely day and to be able to enjoy it without the crowds was truly special,

As we decided to not bring our swimwear as we thought we wouldn’t want to swim when we saw the water and after our big walk around the walls we went for a swim in our underwear... 😂 we found a perfect private spot used by the locals and it was very nice 😎  

BB85604C-C939-454C-864A-BC05AC02AAC0.jpeg

33095BDD-B7C9-436D-B9F6-D4881343F3C4.jpeg

3E3B4ABE-E562-45E9-A95C-C812CF7D58AF.jpeg

3DE5D832-C5EE-47CB-9087-3E84F46FB8AC.jpeg

1E85835D-85E6-42C8-B07B-5014F623C138.jpeg

• Like 6

We went straight up to walk the walls, we arrived around 9.15am (8.15am local time) and it was great & very quiet up there, when we got down there was quite a few tours heading into the grounds so felt like it was so much busier, our plan worked out great 😊 

86E1FAD3-6A71-4665-95FF-ECF32A064552.jpeg

15893CD5-4FE1-47A5-9B41-6845972C74AF.jpeg

E491AA1E-62D9-4077-8F75-041CE1537493.jpeg

F02AF687-65CE-48AC-943F-4FE78B952A16.jpeg

91B2480F-ABE5-4F3C-A6A4-BA845360EFD9.jpeg

• Like 7

Hi All, 

just wanted to say we’ve just meet a lovely lady cruising solo on our cruise, it’s always so nice to meet some great people onboard 😊 

A949A085-06FA-4BD0-8BCB-3D8C8095349A.jpeg

Edited by MR_T
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Sorry no dinner pics tonight as to be honest we just forgot as we invited our new friend Denise to join us for dinner and we didn’t stop chatting 😊

It’s a sea day tomorrow so might not be much report but let’s see what happens… 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Got back to the cabin tonight and we had the B2B info waiting for us. 

So we are allowed off in Athens if we want too, I don’t think we will but nice to be able to if we want too, if we do get off and do so before 9am we meet someone at the port to pick up our new cards and proceed back on the ship after 11am with the transit card we had received today. I guess to confirm we don’t need to be tested again. If we stay on the ship we pick our cards up at the meeting point on the ship at 9am. If changing cabins the room attendant will sort our stuff out.

All seems very straight forward so hopefully there won’t be any issues… 🤞🏻

Regarding being tested we will be tested on the last day of this cruise so that will cover us for the start of the new cruise, so no need to test on the embarkation day with everyone else joining the ship in Athens, and as it’s a 7 day cruise there’s no mid cruise test to we will only need to do the departure PCR test (Canada requirement) on the last day of our second cruise. 

• Like 2

On 9/23/2021 at 10:09 PM, MR_T said:

Zurich - Athens (flight part 2) 

So, landed in Zurich on time and we are now sat in the lounge for a quick WiFi update before our flight to Athens... 

wish de I could say the first flight was great but unfortunately there was a toddler a couple of rows in front of us that was crying/screaming/howling/wailing pretty much all the way over, I’m going to sound like a right ass but I find it completely frustrating when people take such young kids on such long flights, not because we were in B/C but I just don’t think it’s fair on the rest of the cabin that have paid big money for their flights and find they can’t relax at all... I mean he was screaming 😱 

Anyway, rant over and you can probably tell we don’t have kids 😜

The main thing is we are nearly there and the big flight is done 👍🏼  

Mr. T thanks for starting this thread. I am enjoying it.

Sorry to hear about your not so great flight experience. Having had many a long distance flight under my belt, I understand your frustrations. I am not here to judge, but thought I’d provide a somewhat different perspective.

The folks with the screaming kid also paid big bucks for their flights - more than likely so that they could travel in some degree of comfort with a young toddler. I am sure they experienced At least the same degree of frustration as you (let alone the resulting embarrassment) from their kid’s behaviour. However, we were all kids at some stage in our lives. As for the need to travel, there are many. Several decades ago, we travelled with our toddlers too, mainly so that the kids could see their grand parents and the grand parents their grand kids. Travel in today’s world is a necessity, which we never question.

I hope you and your lovely wife have a wonderful and enjoyable cruise.

Take care & God bless.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Cruisernewbie44 said:

If I missed this, I apologize.   Do you have a daily schedule to see what are the activities on board?  I would love to see one.  I am sailing on Apex next June.

Hi, 

I haven’t posted them as a previous cruises did a great job of posting pics of stuff I didn’t want to just repeat them, his name is miaminice and should be on the first few pages on the celebrity forums... 

let Et me know if you don’t find them and I’ll post the ones I still have 👍🏼

To be honest… we did not post them either.

We are two of the oddballs who neither care for shows nor activities 😳

However, I still have the daily programs. So I just took pictures of the program of a sea day and a port day as an example.

If someone is still interested in browsing the review of our cruise and land trip, here is the link:

A7F3D897-5AD0-45AE-9F06-5FB17350A881.thumb.jpeg.fe3b5e3f5fe27c90c78c0584c29054c5.jpeg

893F96D4-5431-4F42-B818-D2C3E8D181B1.thumb.jpeg.8916fc42a2a77119389e8f0f196799f4.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Miaminice said:

To be honest… we did not post them either.

We are two of the oddballs who neither care for shows nor activities 😳

However, I still have the daily programs. So I just took pictures of the program of a sea day and a port day as an example.

If someone is still interested in browsing the review of our cruise and land trip, here is the link:

A7F3D897-5AD0-45AE-9F06-5FB17350A881.thumb.jpeg.fe3b5e3f5fe27c90c78c0584c29054c5.jpeg

893F96D4-5431-4F42-B818-D2C3E8D181B1.thumb.jpeg.8916fc42a2a77119389e8f0f196799f4.jpeg

Thanks for posting 👍🏼 We are much the same as you and don’t really look to see what’s going on we just see what we stumble on as we travel around the ship 😊 

6 minutes ago, vickykay said:

Was the med buffet at lunch or dinner?  Looks delicious.

Lunch, it’s was really good and we really liked everything we had… which was a lot 😋😂

• Like 1

So today is the last day of this cruise and we are in Mykonos for the day, unfortunately but not unexpected it’s a very windy day and therefor a little cooler than the weather we’ve had the last week so it wasn’t really swimming weather… we’ll not this morning anyway when we went of the ship.

We took the water bus to the old town from the new cruise dock, which again was quite a windy boat ride, We just went for a walk around the old town & windmills then took a walk along the marina sea front to start our walk back to the ship. I guess if you walked straight back it would’ve taken us around 30-35 mins but we went off course a couple of times for some pictures. The walk back was ok but for the most part you are walking on the road as there’s no sidewalk, but the roads are good and we didn’t encounter any speeding drivers and felt very safe sharing the road with the cars etc. 

Again we are set up for a little snooze in the solarium before we look forward to what the night ahead brings, we are dining tonight in First Cut  so really looking forward to trying that out 😋

• Like 1

So maybe interesting info for future B2Bers, today as it’s the last full day of the cruise everyone on the ship had to take the end of cruise test this morning, when we got the info they had actually booked us in for the PCR test as that would be what ewe would need to fly home to Canada but as we are staying on for another week we just changed it when we went this morning to the antigen test. We also asked guest relations if we can get off in Athens and they confirmed we can and just use the transit pass that we got the other day to get back on the ship without testing again. 

The best part is as next week is only a 7 night there will not be another mid cruise test so just the end of cruise one. Apparently any cruises of 8+ need the mid cruise test but not cruises less than 8! 

Oh yeah… we just got our negative results so we are now good till Barcelona 🤞🏻

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2