Live from Celebrity Apex Sept 25th & Oct 3rd B2B!

MR_T

A few pics from yesterday on the ship while everyone else was off 😎 

as an Englishman I've been lucky enough to have travelled to Europe soooo many times, for me it’s like Americans going to the Caribbean so I’m more than happy to have a ship day 😊

8DC6D1EF-E80D-47CE-8BE8-34A0F52C7379.jpeg

31427EEB-0C6B-4665-BCFB-A05B3B25F54C.jpeg

97E306E9-58CE-4E8D-B96E-7E308DB5FECB.jpeg

9C7B4689-F3A9-495E-9EDA-129C7A9282ED.jpeg

AC9E2347-3DA4-4B2D-9224-ED0E068B549B.jpeg

• Like 3

Day 3 dinner - Cyprus main dining room 

Again we really enjoyed our food, service was a little slower/disjointed but it was chic night so maybe being a little busier in the dining room contributed to this... 

DF697419-5F10-47B5-B969-4A91A4058F9F.jpeg

9CE71D52-F2BC-4594-940F-9B3A5950CD77.jpeg

C4600443-8024-4753-BAAB-70302AB08B6C.jpeg

ABA54A8C-00AC-4607-9E28-9C32AD6BC814.jpeg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gitte said:

Thank you for sharing the pics and keep us updating. We fly to Athens on Friday. We look forward to sail again. Are Captain Skylogiannis  and Christophe Belaubre still there?

Gitte

Yes they are 👍🏼

• Like 2

Last nights show was the first production show which is apparently new to this ship, we are not generally show people but we we’re intrigued as the new theatre looked interesting and it didn’t disappoint, it was very good and we may also go again next week as well.. we’ll worth a visit if you are on the ship 😊   

BC9044E2-CA60-400C-A4CE-4444ABD2F94A.png

• Like 4

Just to let everyone know I will definitely post more pics of everything but Julie is the photographer and I’ll wait to still hers once done & uploaded... 

We plan to take a load of pics on the switchover day of the ship so for anyone wondering or hoping for more they will come, I promise 👍🏼 

A couple of Rhodes pics to get by for now😂 

6765013A-CDE5-4F24-9ACA-0DDE8CA37D7E.jpeg

C51445CE-6A19-4AA0-8F17-795B7C900B25.jpeg

7E2E1420-1FE0-453F-BFCA-B21BC7B19876.jpeg

• Like 6

7 hours ago, MR_T said:

For the menus Yes, so far anyway 👍🏼 

The shows the first 2 nights we’re 9.30pm only, last night & tonight it’s 7.30pm & 9.30pm, I’ll update as we go... 

Thank you.  
According to the Celebrity App, the MDR opens at 6 PM and the Specialty restaurants at 6:30 PM. I know Europeans typically dine later.  Does this jive with what is shown in the daily Today?

I am trying to do some rough planning for the TA, I am guessing that it will be the same.

Sorry to hear that the included base internet is so poor.  A little surprising with the low number of passengers.  I will have the streaming level for sure.

The food looks amazing.

• Like 1

We’ll be joining you on 3 October and Can’t wait! Thank you so much for all these fabulous updates. We only booked it two weeks ago and are flying London to Athens this Friday. Very excited! Our bid for an upgrade just got accepted today too £100pp from Concierge to Aqua! Didn’t expect it to be honest. Im

interested in knowing any updates on how many passengers for our 3 Oct cruise - I wonder if it’s gone up much from the 500 you mentioned previously.

• Like 2

Hi, Mr_T. My wife & I have been on 17 cruises but none since 2018. We were holding out until 2022 for safety’s sake but could not resist the Four Night Caribbean out of Ft. Lauderdale on October 24. One reason is that Port Everglades is a 2-hour drive from our home in East Naples and, second, we’ve never been on Celebrity. When we mentioned the Apex to our TA, she raved about it. So, we booked it. We’re really looking forward to your posts. Everything will be new to us. Thank you in advance. Toni & John.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Thank you.  
According to the Celebrity App, the MDR opens at 6 PM and the Specialty restaurants at 6:30 PM. I know Europeans typically dine later.  Does this jive with what is shown in the daily Today?

I am trying to do some rough planning for the TA, I am guessing that it will be the same.

Sorry to hear that the included base internet is so poor.  A little surprising with the low number of passengers.  I will have the streaming level for sure.

The food looks amazing.

The daily actually lists all the restaurants as 6pm to 9pm (except the buffet) I will try to find out if it’s going to be the same on the TA, also, not sure if it’ll be the same on the TA but on this cruise I believe there’s only select dining 

D18A60DB-E7FF-42CF-B46A-317F5BEDA309.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, CAVE MAN said:

Thank you so much for all that you are sharing with us!!!! We board on the 10th for the transatlantic and the pictures are just making us even more excited.

Enjoy every moment!!

I’m sure even at 50-60% the TA will be an amazing cruise, we are really disappointed we can’t do it as well 😔 

7 hours ago, AlohaCathy said:

We’ll be joining you on 3 October and Can’t wait! Thank you so much for all these fabulous updates. We only booked it two weeks ago and are flying London to Athens this Friday. Very excited! Our bid for an upgrade just got accepted today too £100pp from Concierge to Aqua! Didn’t expect it to be honest. Im

interested in knowing any updates on how many passengers for our 3 Oct cruise - I wonder if it’s gone up much from the 500 you mentioned previously.

We also had our bid accepted from an inside to a infinite balcony so we are very happy with that, saved us over $1000 overall as we was going to pay for an upgrade anyway if we wasn’t successful so worked out great for both of us 👍🏼

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JRR44 said:

Hi, Mr_T. My wife & I have been on 17 cruises but none since 2018. We were holding out until 2022 for safety’s sake but could not resist the Four Night Caribbean out of Ft. Lauderdale on October 24. One reason is that Port Everglades is a 2-hour drive from our home in East Naples and, second, we’ve never been on Celebrity. When we mentioned the Apex to our TA, she raved about it. So, we booked it. We’re really looking forward to your posts. Everything will be new to us. Thank you in advance. Toni & John.

Welcome to celebrity, I think this is my 17th celebrity cruise +-... we loved every one we’ve done but this ship is fabulous, it really is a great design and looks amazing inside & out, we are really enjoying the new main dining room experience as it feels like you have so much more choice vs the S/Class ships, and we love the S/Class experience as well, I guess with any new experiences the latest one is always planned to be bigger & better and the Apex doesn’t disappoint 😊  

if you you have any specific questions please feel free to ask, if I don’t know the answer I’m sure others will help out 🍸😎 

So today we are mid cruise so that means we went for our mid cruise covid test 🤞🏻 We got the letter a couple of days ago to login and book our test, it was very simple and this morning was quick & easy, they said you don’t need to book but if you don’t and just turn up you will have to wait for an opening as appointments take priority, but as I said the whole process was very easy and we were in & out in less than 5 mins 😊 

The results are expected in the afternoon they say so we’re trying to not think about it as we really want to stay on for another week... 

regarding the B2B embarkation test I’ve been told we just take the final test on this cruise on the last full day (morning) and that will cover us as we are not allowed off in Athens anyway which isn’t any issue for us as we wouldn’t get off anyway. 

I upgraded my internet package this morning and with the mid cruise special & my E/P discount it was $62 for the last 4 days, so far it’s working much better so fingers crossed it stays that way... 🤞🏻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1.15pm and just left the buffet, walked through the pool deck & planted ourselves in the solarium for an afternoon nap... it’s been a busy morning 😜 

all 3 venues were around 30% full, maybe the pool deck was busier but there we’re plenty beds available for sure 😊 

Now after being in the cabin for a few days I thought I’d post a few positives/negatives (for us anyway) 

Positives 

- with the new infinite balcony it really does make the cabin feel so much larger vs a standard balcony. 

- love the larger sink in the bathroom 

- the new shower seems to have more space inside

- it’s easier to sleep with the balcony window open which we did last night and enjoyed the experience 

- love the big screen tv

Negatives 

- The infinite balcony system just doesn’t give you the same breeze or open space feel vs a standard balcony 

- The balcony furniture isn’t very comfortable 

- The bathroom door is a terrible design, it seems impossible to close it without it making a loud noise... it’s like a magnetic system and clinks together with isn’t great if someone gets up in the night and the other person is a light sleeper

- The wardrobe storage seems less

- I miss the over the bed storage, I used this for around 80% of my stuff so now I take away space Julie could use for that extra 5 pairs of shoes & dresses she wouldn’t wear! 😜 

Im sure there might be other things that will pop up + & - but just wanted to share my thoughts  so far! 😊 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2