Live from Celebrity Apex Sept 25th & Oct 3rd B2B!

MR_T

6 hours ago, hcat said:

While we preferred the Sunset Veranda stateroom  on  our second EDGE cruise, we managed quite well with the Infinite Balcony.  We kept the window closed most of the time except for photos or  sea views.  Kept the bi fold  doors open,  and turned the furniture inward for a cozy sitting area.  Made the cabin a bit larger. As they are narrow and  a bit tight on space, except for the bathroom area. Couch was very low to the grounf.

If possible, would enjoy photos of APEX art, dining room decor.  Both were well done on EDGE! Enjoy your cruise!

I will do my best 😊

Never a good start to the trip to the airport but it cleared pretty quickly and we are waiting at the check in counter to do the final checks 🤞🏻 

Get me in that lounge for a drink 🍸😎

8F32B849-6B81-4086-8A69-5DDDFB1C2750.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, countess5 said:

Thanks for posting!

We just came off the Edge three weeks ago, sailed in a Sky Suite since just a week. This winter we will be sailing for 7 straight weeks on three different Celebrity ships, the last is Apex. Due to overall cost we are sailing in the IV cabin. Would love all input on your experience. Questionable about the cabin but I am sure we can make it work. 

Thanks

Cheers! 

7 weeks... wow! Not sure my waist line could cope with that 😱😜 but I’m sure it’ll be amazing 😉 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TeaBag said:

Hope you get to the airport safely, have an enjoyable flight and then find yourselves enjoying the lounge on board.  I hate being hemmed in by trucks.

All good, the lounge only just opened so a quick drink or 2 then on the plane for the first leg ✈️ 🥂😊

Montreal - Zurich (flight part 1)

Obviously I know the current climate but to be honest we was expecting it to be a bit busier at the airport, everything we read was go early, 3 hrs before, be prepared for longer than normal wait times etc etc... it’s dead and no wait times anywhere 👍🏼

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MR_T said:

Montreal - Zurich (flight part 1)

Obviously I know the current climate but to be honest we was expecting it to be a bit busier at the airport, everything we read was go early, 3 hrs before, be prepared for longer than normal wait times etc etc... it’s dead and no wait times anywhere 👍🏼

Thats my idea of how to start a great trip! Safe travelsM

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MR_T said:

7 weeks... wow! Not sure my waist line could cope with that 😱😜 but I’m sure it’ll be amazing 😉 

I’m a very active 65 year old. I work out three days a week at the gym.

We approach this like living at home. Moderation, we dine in specialty restaurants and take days off.

The longest we have done is 4 weeks so 7 will be new.

Cruising is the best value for your money, We tried to rent a home in Florida  for the season but nothing was available. This averages $460 a day all inclusive and the scenery changes, 

Cheers! 

• Like 4

Zurich - Athens (flight part 2) 

So, landed in Zurich on time and we are now sat in the lounge for a quick WiFi update before our flight to Athens... 

wish de I could say the first flight was great but unfortunately there was a toddler a couple of rows in front of us that was crying/screaming/howling/wailing pretty much all the way over, I’m going to sound like a right ass but I find it completely frustrating when people take such young kids on such long flights, not because we were in B/C but I just don’t think it’s fair on the rest of the cabin that have paid big money for their flights and find they can’t relax at all... I mean he was screaming 😱 

Anyway, rant over and you can probably tell we don’t have kids 😜

The main thing is we are nearly there and the big flight is done 👍🏼  

Edited by MR_T
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, MR_T said:

wish de I could say the first flight was great but unfortunately there was a toddler a couple of rows in front of us that was crying/screaming/howling/wailing pretty much all the way over,

🙂 Let me tell you about one of my best buys ever: Bose Quietcomfort Noise Cancelling Headphones.
When I take them off for landing, I always think: boy it´s loud in here. 😉 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, MR_T said:

Zurich - Athens (flight part 2) 

So, landed in Zurich on time and we are now sat in the lounge for a quick WiFi update before our flight to Athens... 

wish de I could say the first flight was great but unfortunately there was a toddler a couple of rows in front of us that was crying/screaming/howling/wailing pretty much all the way over, I’m going to sound like a right ass but I find it completely frustrating when people take such young kids on such long flights, not because we were in B/C but I just don’t think it’s fair on the rest of the cabin that have paid big money for their flights and find they can’t relax at all... I mean he was screaming 😱 

Anyway, rant over and you can probably tell we don’t have kids 😜

The main thing is we are nearly there and the big flight is done 👍🏼  

It’s not just those without kids who would be bothered and ranting about this. Very frustrating. 

Edited by lienf
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, verizon said:

I wasn't happy either.

I have to tell the flight attendant to remind the guy in front of me to put on the mask during the flight to Spain. 

Yes we had a few of those as well 🙄 it’s like as they we’re in business class they feel entitled and the rules don’t apply to them… the same ones we’re up taking their Luggage out before the seatbelt lights went off as well… 

1 hour ago, MR_T said:

Yes we had a few of those as well 🙄 it’s like as they we’re in business class they feel entitled and the rules don’t apply to them… the same ones we’re up taking their Luggage out before the seatbelt lights went off as well… 

Yeah, a lot of people feel like they are entitled because they are flying business/first class. I am sorry you had to experience that.

When we flew to Athens couple of weeks ago for our APEX sailing, we also flew on Delta One. While at gate @ JFK, all the Delta One class passengers were lined up to board but usually we board after the elderly and military personnel. These two women who watched the military personnel (in plain clothes) board ahead of us, saw them boarding and then tried to board before Delta One class was called. Well, as you can imagine, all the other passengers were irritated about their behavior and called them out. They simply responded, "we are first class." Then we all looked at them said, "no *****".

Once aboard, they started saying things like, "wait, all the booze are free in the first class?" 

I guess they never flew first class before. 🙄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MR_T said:

Yes we had a few of those as well 🙄 it’s like as they we’re in business class they feel entitled and the rules don’t apply to them… 

You will, unfortunately, meet more on the ship 😢

Edited by Miaminice
  • Like 2

Hi Apex Cruisers! Is this just a 7 day Greece cruise/out&back to Athens or does it end up somewhere else? I joined the posts too late..sorry, and now I can't find the itinerary. Just got off the EQ last week and I'm already having withdrawls. I am looking forward to following you on your adventure. I have not been on the Apex so any photos would be appreciated.

Fair winds and following seas to you and Mrs_T.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, FLCruiser97 said:

Hi Apex Cruisers! Is this just a 7 day Greece cruise/out&back to Athens or does it end up somewhere else? I joined the posts too late..sorry, and now I can't find the itinerary. Just got off the EQ last week and I'm already having withdrawls. I am looking forward to following you on your adventure. I have not been on the Apex so any photos would be appreciated.

Fair winds and following seas to you and Mrs_T.

Thanks, 

Its an 8 night Athens to Athens followed by a 7 night Athens to Barcelona where we get off. 

Glad we can help in anyway get over the withdrawals 🍸😎

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MR_T said:

Fingers crossed everyone... we are waiting for the results of our boarding test at the terminal 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

We’re on the ship 😁

first impressions is... it’s a lovely looking ship 😊 

more to come... 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3