Live from Celebrity Apex Sept 25th & Oct 3rd B2B!

MR_T

29 minutes ago, BizDoc said:

Hi and thanks.  We are looking forward to following your posts as we are on the Apex later this year.  Given all the "discussion" regarding the Infinity Verandahs we are interested in your first and lasting impressions.  Have a great sail!

Thanks, to be honest we were never a fan of the infinite balcony design but hopefully our minds will be changed, any balcony is better vs an inside I guess 😊

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, MR_T said:

Thanks, to be honest we were never a fan of the infinite balcony design but hopefully our minds will be changed, any balcony is better vs an inside I guess 😊

I was on Sept 4 Apex cruise and I was in Concierge Class. i had reservation about the infinite balcony myself but it totally worked for the Greece/Croatia sailing. The weather was perfect throughout the trip and it was never hot/humid. (Mid 80's during the day with breeze, and high 60's at night) Hence, we left the window open all day/night and the sound of the waves was therapeutic. I probably would not have enjoyed the infinite balcony design for a Caribbean sailing (i.e. humidity, mosquitos, heat, etc) but imo, it totally works for Greece sailing in Sept/Oct.

Edited by ETHTrader
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ETHTrader said:

I was on Sept 4 Apex cruise and I was in Concierge Class. i had reservation about the infinite balcony myself but it totally worked for the Greece/Croatia sailing. The weather was perfect throughout the trip and it was never hot/humid. (Mid 80's during the day with breeze, and high 60's at night) Hence, we left the window open all day/night and the sound of the waves was therapeutic. I probably would not have enjoyed the infinite balcony design for a Caribbean sailing (i.e. humidity, mosquitos, heat, etc) but imo, it totally works for Greece sailing in Sept/Oct.

Thanks, love the badge by the way 👍🏼 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MR_T said:

Did you move up to an infinite balcony or a deluxe?

Just balcony might also give you one of the deluxe “porthole” balconies 🤔

Anyway, you can’t really judge the iv until you tried it. We started the cruise with a neutral feeling towards the iv. While we will not book a cruise in the future only for an iv, we did enjoy the possibilities. 

It was nice to leave the complete window down at night vs. just a door open. It was also nice to fully open the balcony and then just relax on the bed vs. on a chair on a balcony. Felt like being on the balcony with the bed.

You‘ll have to try and see if you like it.

For us one thing is for sure, we are not joining the passionate haters of the IVs

• Like 4

We are joining you on the first leg of your B2B. We are flying over from San Francisco tomorrow afternoon, changing planes in London after a 6 hour layover (ugh) and then on to Athens.

It's amazing how arduous international travel has become in this time of Covid, but hopefully we have all of our paperwork filled out properly and the process is friction free... If you see a graying, somewhat tall guy that kind of  looks like a linebacker for the 49ers, say hi! 🙂

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Miaminice said:

Did you move up to an infinite balcony or a deluxe?

Just balcony might also give you one of the deluxe “porthole” balconies 🤔

Anyway, you can’t really judge the iv until you tried it. We started the cruise with a neutral feeling towards the iv. While we will not book a cruise in the future only for an iv, we did enjoy the possibilities. 

It was nice to leave the complete window down at night vs. just a door open. It was also nice to fully open the balcony and then just relax on the bed vs. on a chair on a balcony. Felt like being on the balcony with the bed.

You‘ll have to try and see if you like it.

For us one thing is for sure, we are not joining the passionate haters of the IVs

Hi, 

we we got an infinite balcony, we are excited to try it for sure, and won’t judge it until we’ve experienced it 😊 leaving the window down fully sounds great, especially at night so will definitely give that a try. 👍🏼

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bjt3 said:

We are joining you on the first leg of your B2B. We are flying over from San Francisco tomorrow afternoon, changing planes in London after a 6 hour layover (ugh) and then on to Athens.

It's amazing how arduous international travel has become in this time of Covid, but hopefully we have all of our paperwork filled out properly and the process is friction free... If you see a graying, somewhat tall guy that kind of  looks like a linebacker for the 49ers, say hi! 🙂

For sure we will look out for you, likewise I’ll be easy so spot as I’ll have a different Arsenal - football (soccer) shirt on every day... 😂 plus I’ll be the one with the lady that is way out of my league by my side that you’re wondered “how did he end up with a woman like that”... 😱😂 it still baffles me but I’ll roll with it! 😂 

We leave tomorrow afternoon for a connecting flight via Zurich on Swiss Air, we only have a short layover so fingers crossed it works 🤞🏻 And for sure fingers crossed we have everything filled out correctly. 

hope to to see you on board 🍸😎 

See everyone onboard.  We are arriving on BA.  Had to: 1) submit Greece PLF, 2) submit UK PLFs (one each for my wife and me), 3) submit VeriFLY for the SFO-LHR segment, and 4) upload COVID test docs to BA website for LHR-ATH segment.

All this and I'm still not packed yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WeBcruisingMN said:

@MR_TReady to cruise with you and your Mrs! 😀 Hope you have smooth travels. 

We’re flying over today (arriving Athens Thursday morning). See you on Saturday on the beautiful Apex. 🚢

Thanks, you too and see you onboard hopefully 🍸😎

2 hours ago, parrothead33 said:

Looking forward to following along on your latest cruise.  We sailed on Edge a couple years ago and much to our surprise liked the IV.  Have to wait until April to sail on Apex.  Safe travels.

Cheers.

Thanks, and glad to have you follow along 😊

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, CalTexCruiser said:

See everyone onboard.  We are arriving on BA.  Had to: 1) submit Greece PLF, 2) submit UK PLFs (one each for my wife and me), 3) submit VeriFLY for the SFO-LHR segment, and 4) upload COVID test docs to BA website for LHR-ATH segment.

All this and I'm still not packed yet.

We are going to pack later today ready for our 12pm Thursday drive to the airport 😊

Well we are now in Athens, flew in this pm, actually super easy and quick. We got off the plane and into a taxi inside 20mins of touchdown - incredible! Staying at the Electra Metropolis in the centre of town with an amazing view of the Acropolis. We have also had our bid accepted to upgrade from inside guarantee to infinity balcony, which is brilliant, we bid the minimum amount so very pleased with that. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, sfitz2000 said:

Well we are now in Athens, flew in this pm, actually super easy and quick. We got off the plane and into a taxi inside 20mins of touchdown - incredible! Staying at the Electra Metropolis in the centre of town with an amazing view of the Acropolis. We have also had our bid accepted to upgrade from inside guarantee to infinity balcony, which is brilliant, we bid the minimum amount so very pleased with that. 

Great, same as us regarding the upgrade, we will be staying at the port area for our 1 night. Hopefully see you onboard 👍🏻

While we preferred the Sunset Veranda stateroom  on  our second EDGE cruise, we managed quite well with the Infinite Balcony.  We kept the window closed most of the time except for photos or  sea views.  Kept the bi fold  doors open,  and turned the furniture inward for a cozy sitting area.  Made the cabin a bit larger. As they are narrow and  a bit tight on space, except for the bathroom area. Couch was very low to the grounf.

If possible, would enjoy photos of APEX art, dining room decor.  Both were well done on EDGE! Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 2

Thanks for posting!

We just came off the Edge three weeks ago, sailed in a Sky Suite since just a week. This winter we will be sailing for 7 straight weeks on three different Celebrity ships, the last is Apex. Due to overall cost we are sailing in the IV cabin. Would love all input on your experience. Questionable about the cabin but I am sure we can make it work. 

Thanks

Cheers! 

• Like 1