Live from Celebrity Apex Sept 25th & Oct 3rd B2B!

MR_T

So 9 hours later we just got our negative test results… not sure why there’s such a difference between the 15 mins at the port vs 9 hours on thee ship but I Huss all that matters is it was negative for both of us.

Should they announce  the ships full results I’ll post later 🤞🏻

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MR_T said:

- The wardrobe storage seems less

This observation about E-Class storage always puzzles me. While I understand the complaints about the closet not having enough hanging space I'm less in agreement about overall storage space. There's drawers in the closet and there's the Dresser. Then there's that whole column of storage where the coral display niche is. That would be the alternative to the over-the-bed storage on S Class ships. So overall storage should be about the same on the E Class as the S Class, except for the closet not having quite enough hanging space for longer clothing items (the lower hanging rod should be movable to allow for longer clothing items if it's not needed).  What am I missing?

4 hours ago, MR_T said:

- The bathroom door is a terrible design, it seems impossible to close it without it making a loud noise... it’s like a magnetic system and clinks together with isn’t great if someone gets up in the night and the other person is a light sleeper

Agreed it's a strange design. I even took photos of it and made note of it's design on the Inaugural cruise I took in 2018.

IMG_20181218_192625863.jpg

IMG_20181218_192617347.jpg

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1

Hi, Tony & Julie!

Glad you're enjoying your cruise!  Happy for you that you were able to upgrade!!  We're loving your posts & photos! 🙂

One teensy note about storage - did you know there's a HUGE drawer under the bathroom sink?

Enjoy the rest of this cruise & the next one,

😘 Jill & Kevin

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, BocaRoo said:

Hi, Tony & Julie!

Glad you're enjoying your cruise!  Happy for you that you were able to upgrade!!  We're loving your posts & photos! 🙂

One teensy note about storage - did you know there's a HUGE drawer under the bathroom sink?

😘 Jill & Kevin

IMG_20181218_185919289.jpg

IMG_20181218_185931417.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kwokpot said:

This observation about E-Class storage always puzzles me. While I understand the complaints about the closet not having enough hanging space I'm less in agreement about overall storage space. There's drawers in the closet and there's the Dresser. Then there's that whole column of storage where the coral display niche is. That would be the alternative to the over-the-bed storage on S Class ships. So overall storage should be about the same on the E Class as the S Class, except for the closet not having quite enough hanging space for longer clothing items (the lower hanging rod should be movable to allow for longer clothing items if it's not needed).  What am I missing?

Each to their own I guess, I have my opinion and you yours, I’m not saying I’m right or you’re wrong I’m just saying for us it’s not as easy for the way we would like to use it. 

i read loads of posts that said the overhead storage on the s/class was a waste of space but for us (me) I really liked it 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, pattibacon said:

You’ve probably answered this but no time to read everything. What’s the mask status?  I’ll be joining you Sunday and staying due the TA.   Glad these cruises are going!!

The rule is to wear it inside and out except when eating or in the pool, generally people are wearing it inside when not eating or drinking but I’ve seen a few not… I actually got asked myself as I left the pool after a snooze and went into the buffet without my mask but the kind crew member quietly gave me one from there storage area. 

50/50 were wearing in the theatre, not many wearing it at the pool, and while in ports once off the ship most would take it off… however I’ve not done a ship excursion so don’t know how that’s being handled 🤷🏼‍♂️

3 hours ago, BocaRoo said:

Hi, Tony & Julie!

😘 Jill & Kevin

Hi you 2, yes we’ve found all the storage options in the cabin and maybe I should have said there is plenty of storage but it just doesn’t work for us… i just found there was more obvious storage places for easy access. Again this was for us and I know others will think differently😊

3 hours ago, kwokpot said:

IMG_20181218_185919289.jpg

IMG_20181218_185931417.jpg

I guess we are just used to the s/class ships, this space just dosent work for us… I’m not going to put my stuff in small areas all over the cabin… but again that’s my opinion 👍🏻

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MR_T said:

I miss the over the bed storage, I used this for around 80% of my stuff so now I take away space Julie could use for that extra 5 pairs of shoes & dresses she wouldn’t wear! 😜 

My DH is ROFL over this🤣 I admit it. I pack three of everything to his one, especially shoes. I try to make up for it by always making sure he has the PALL😜 We miss the overhead storage too, and your assessment of the IV is similar to ours. Really enjoying your live review. Thank you!

Edited by Silkroad
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MR_T said:

Hi you 2, yes we’ve found all the storage options in the cabin and maybe I should have said there is plenty of storage but it just doesn’t work for us… i just found there was more obvious storage places for easy access. Again this was for us and I know others will think differently😊

I don't think people are criticizing nor are they saying your opinion isn't valid (Many,many people share your opinion, so it's not unique) but yes, if your initial statement about cabin storage was as you listed above I think there would be less questions about your opinion.  People ask questions so they can better understand what's behind your opinion, not to criticize you. 

• Like 1

On 9/25/2021 at 9:27 AM, MR_T said:

So just spoke to a lovely lady at guest relations regarding a few things and she confirmed the pax count due on this cruise was around 1035+ - a couple ((forgot exact amount)

And on the next cruise 3rd October departure currently around 500 which will be amazing 😉 that equates to around 17% capacity 👍🏼😊

enjoy your private yacht next week!

as for your comments about the closet hanging space - I won’t have personal experience til the TA, but I have seen several photos and videos.  At this point, I am in agreement with you.  DH hangs his slacks (for evenings) over a hanger with a shirt over to save space.  Since he’ll have only about 3 or 4 slacks, he will be fine.  I hang my slacks from the clip type hangers with a top over.  The lack of space for longer items may be an issue.  But if that’s my only issue, I’ll “suck it up” and use my PSP😊

Thanks for all the observations and tips.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kwokpot said:

First  thing  we do is have all the Hoppen items removed..fake coral, non water retentive vase,  etc. (Basic flea market decor ).  We then stow the excess pillows anyplace we can find and yoga mats under the couch. ( AQ Class). I use the coral niche for my flowers..a great lighted display area .

We remove excess food and water purchase offerings. And do not accept the daily tea.  Small changes add space. Magnetic hooks also help with hats , beach bags, etc

The closet is not adequate so we fold whatever we can and use al the bins you mentioned above.

• Like 1

So we are in cabin 6287 unless we get our move up offer. What I am wondering and only if you need a little stroll. Can you reach Eden by going up the ramp here. I see the ramp to the next deck but there is also a wall. Looks like a great rip and glad you got to go but sorr you are not with us. 

6 minutes ago, hcat said:

First  thing  we do is have all the Hoppen items removed..fake coral, non water retentive vase,  etc. (Basic flea market decor ).  We then stow the excess pillows anyplace we can find and yoga mats under the couch. ( AQ Class). I use the coral niche for my flowers..a great lighted display area .

We remove excess food and water purchase offerings. And do not accept the daily tea.  Small changes add space. Magnetic hooks also help with hats , beach bags, etc

The closet is not adequate so we fold whatever we can and use al the bins you mentioned above.

I agree there's too many pillows. Some  Land based hotels are guilty of the same thing 

I think Mr_T's follow up reply on his dislike of the cabin storage may be a succinct answer for many of the same opinions. While there may be many places to put things the spaces are harder to utilize optimally. That's the same reason many may not like the overbed storage on the S Class; for some people it's hard to easily access. For others,access isn't an issue. 

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

I agree there's too many pillows. Some  Land based hotels are guilty of the same thing 

I think Mr_T's follow up reply on his dislike of the cabin storage may be a succinct answer for many of the same opinions. While there may be many places to put things the spaces are harder to utilize optimally. That's the same reason many may not like the overbed storage on the S Class; for some people it's hard to easily access. For others,access isn't an issue. 

For us the pillows not only take up precious space, but are dust collectors and allergy triggers....Otherwise the modern  ikea type design is fine for a week or two,

Could use a comfy couch and chair in AQ Class cabin, and in the sunroom/ veranda space.

We are not in the cabin that much but with Covid  around , it is hopefully a safe space!

• Like 1

Hello Mr T.

thanks for all the details and pictures. Food looks awesome. 

Did you have problem getting insured before your trip. Since Canadian gov says to avoid all cruise ship travel. So our insurance co doesn't want to insure us. And what happens if you test positive before coming back? Any insurance? 

We are scheduled for a Transat with Azamara in Nov. we are on the “wait and see” mode! 

enjoy the rest of your vacation, 

7 hours ago, hcat said:

Yeah all them extra cushions/pillows really do take up space and it’s hard to put them out the way...

and yes that fake fake coral thing was the first to go 😂

1 hour ago, vana said:

Hello Mr T.

thanks for all the details and pictures. Food looks awesome. 

Did you have problem getting insured before your trip. Since Canadian gov says to avoid all cruise ship travel. So our insurance co doesn't want to insure us. And what happens if you test positive before coming back? Any insurance? 

We are scheduled for a Transat with Azamara in Nov. we are on the “wait and see” mode! 

enjoy the rest of your vacation, 

We got emergency medical only as celebrity cover everything regarding covid if we test positive on the ship, it was part of the booking that included this cover for cruises up till Oct 31st, I think it’s been extended but not sure 🤔 

we couldn’t get cancellation etc but we didn’t need that as celebrity offered that to a degree anyway, the only reason we would have cancelled would be if got covid before leaving so as that was covered we were comfortable just getting the medical insurance for this trip