Any issues using Docket App or other apps as POV?

cruiseseal

I am in NJ, and Docket is the official state app for vaccine records. I got my vaccine early, and threw away the card (after I took the photo of it), since I didn't think I'd need the actual (easily faked flimsy paper) card for anything. Anyway, thankfully, NJ has Docket, so it's not a issue as far as records are concerned. I can also generate a POV PDF from the app and print it, but that's probably unnecessary in most cases.

Did anyone use Docket or any other similar app as proof of vaccination, and did you encounter any issues at boarding? Thanks.

18 minutes ago, cruiseseal said:

I am in NJ, and Docket is the official state app for vaccine records. I got my vaccine early, and threw away the card (after I took the photo of it), since I didn't think I'd need the actual (easily faked flimsy paper) card for anything. Anyway, thankfully, NJ has Docket, so it's not a issue as far as records are concerned. I can also generate a POV PDF from the app and print it, but that's probably unnecessary in most cases.

Did anyone use Docket or any other similar app as proof of vaccination, and did you encounter any issues at boarding? Thanks.

From my experience so far, State issued POVs (primarily using QR codes) are pretty much useful only in the state in which they were issued. We’re on the island of Kauai and all that is accepted from visitors is the Hawaii Safe Travelers QR code which requires an extensive application and pix of the original CDC card. They could care less about our State of California QR code POVs.

My advice: get a replacement CDC card from whoever did your shots (or from the County Health Department where the shots were done).

7 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

From my experience so far, State issued POVs (primarily using QR codes) are pretty much useful only in the state in which they were issued. We’re on the island of Kauai and all that is accepted from visitors is the Hawaii Safe Travelers QR code which requires an extensive application and pix of the original CDC card. They could care less about our State of California QR code POVs.

My advice: get a replacement CDC card from whoever did your shots (or from the County Health Department where the shots were done).

https://www.clearme.com/hawaii?l=awaii.

Not true, Hawaii accepts "CLEAR Health Pass", which I easily got by obtaining Smart Health QR code from my vaccine provider online. Smart Health codes are available in many states from many providers. https://www.commontrustnetwork.org/verifier-list

That said, thanks for mentioning Hawaii, that's how I learned about CLEAR Health Pass and Smart Health codes 🙂 Now I have 3 forms of proof, Docket app, CLEAR app, and Smart Health card printout. If Royal doesn't accept this, even though it's accepted by international airlines, well, that would suck, but I don't think that's likely.

Edited by cruiseseal

4 hours ago, cruiseseal said:

https://www.clearme.com/hawaii?l=awaii.

Not true, Hawaii accepts "CLEAR Health Pass", which I easily got by obtaining Smart Health QR code from my vaccine provider online. Smart Health codes are available in many states from many providers. https://www.commontrustnetwork.org/verifier-list

That said, thanks for mentioning Hawaii, that's how I learned about CLEAR Health Pass and Smart Health codes 🙂 Now I have 3 forms of proof, Docket app, CLEAR app, and Smart Health card printout. If Royal doesn't accept this, even though it's accepted by international airlines, well, that would suck, but I don't think that's likely.

True that HI Safe Travel accepts Clear as an alternative POV. But you still have to fill out the online app, upload your POV, do the online Health Questionnaire w/i 24 hrs of the flight to HI and obtain HI’s QR code (which is required in all sorts of situations depending on which island you’re on). 
That’s my point: Once you get to Hawaii, hotels (in particular) require (or are supposed to require) that you physically open the HI Safe Travels app in front of them and show them the HI QR code which also states “cleared” after going through the airport check-in before you boarded the plane. At that point, pictures of the HI QR Code, original CDC cards, Clear, your mom vouching for you, etc are not acceptable. 

1 hour ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

True that HI Safe Travel accepts Clear as an alternative POV. But you still have to fill out the online app, upload your POV, do the online Health Questionnaire w/i 24 hrs of the flight to HI and obtain HI’s QR code (which is required in all sorts of situations depending on which island you’re on). 
That’s my point: Once you get to Hawaii, hotels (in particular) require (or are supposed to require) that you physically open the HI Safe Travels app in front of them and show them the HI QR code which also states “cleared” after going through the airport check-in before you boarded the plane. At that point, pictures of the HI QR Code, original CDC cards, Clear, your mom vouching for you, etc are not acceptable. 

Right, but in this scenario, HI is actually trying to create a more secure and reliable verification system, whereas cruise lines accept an easily faked piece of paper. You'd think that cruise lines would actually favor electronic records, that can be electronically verified. For example, SMART Health card QR code can be verified by anyone electronically, just by installing SMART Health Card Verifier app on their phone, and CLEAR app makes you take a photo that matches the photo on your passport or DL. Both are way more reliable than a paper CDC card. BTW, CLEAR is accepted internationally as well.

1 hour ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

All you have to do is get a screen capture of the QR code, with your info and most importantly, the two green checks. You don't have to open the Hawaii app after you get cleared at your departing airport, or at the Hawaii airport you arrive at.

7 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

All you have to do is get a screen capture of the QR code, with your info and most importantly, the two green checks. You don't have to open the Hawaii app after you get cleared at your departing airport, or at the Hawaii airport you arrive at.

When we arrived at the Grand Hyatt in Poipu, we were greeted by a very prominent sign stating NO images. Desk clerk repeated the same: “please open the app and show that QR code.” 

Just confirmed with RC (after a lengthy call and agent having to verify with port/manager) that official state health department apps will be accepted. It also sounded like official vaccine provider apps (like CVS) would be accepted as well, as long as they provide name, provider and vaccine date/type info. Basically, it appears that electronic records would work, as long as it's not just an image, but an actual app. I'll provide an update again after I get a chance to test this in a couple of days.

Well, it looks like there's no way to do a check-in using the RC app without providing a photo of the CDC card. Not sure if the app would accept any other card/printout (didn't try it). The good news that I found my card, but I'll still try to use an app during boarding and see what happens.

I am trying to figure out this thread.  The New Jersey OP asks about using an almost useless app and many of the replies are about Hawaii.  In case folks are not aware, there is a lot more to the world then Hawaii and the OP did not even mention that State.  I would tell the OP that the standard being used around the world, when proof of vaccination is required, is to ask for the CDC Card.  That card quickly got us into Greece and is accepted in most places that welcome US folks who have been vaccinated.  The various State apps are relatively unknown (outside of their States) and not embraced by our Federal government.  

I do not understand why the OP would have "thrown away" the CDC card but I consider ours as important as our Passports when it comes to International Travel.  Throwing away a valid CDC Vaccine card might actually be worse then losing or tossing a Passport as there is procedure to replace a lost Passport.  How one replaces a lost or trashed CDC Vaccine card is somewhat of a mystery.  You can call that document "flimsy paper" if you please but for travelers it is a pretty important piece of "flimsy paper."  And that flimsy paper is a lot more valid then a near worthless app.

Hank

3 hours ago, Hlitner said:

I am trying to figure out this thread.  The New Jersey OP asks about using an almost useless app and many of the replies are about Hawaii.  In case folks are not aware, there is a lot more to the world then Hawaii and the OP did not even mention that State.  I would tell the OP that the standard being used around the world, when proof of vaccination is required, is to ask for the CDC Card.  That card quickly got us into Greece and is accepted in most places that welcome US folks who have been vaccinated.  The various State apps are relatively unknown (outside of their States) and not embraced by our Federal government.  

I do not understand why the OP would have "thrown away" the CDC card but I consider ours as important as our Passports when it comes to International Travel.  Throwing away a valid CDC Vaccine card might actually be worse then losing or tossing a Passport as there is procedure to replace a lost Passport.  How one replaces a lost or trashed CDC Vaccine card is somewhat of a mystery.  You can call that document "flimsy paper" if you please but for travelers it is a pretty important piece of "flimsy paper."  And that flimsy paper is a lot more valid then a near worthless app.

Hank

I offered up Hawaii as the perfect example of the uselessness of State issued POVs for any location other than that State.

As for replacing a lost original CDC card, it shouldn’t be a problem since every provider of the shots most likely got the vaccine from a clinic, pharmacy, doctor, popup county/state health department - all of whom were supplied by the State and/or County in which the vaccination was given. Each dose must be accounted for and that record will exist within the Health Department of that State and that department can issue a replacement card. But, in most cases (perhaps except for some of those federal popup), a person’s County (where they got the shot) should have recorded it in an existing (or newly established) medical record for that person. (The person may not know they now have a new medical record. But they do.) And, the site of the vaccination should be able to do a replacement CDC card.  

8 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Hank

My wife is a physician, who administers vaccines and has access to state vaccine registry, she could have replaced my CDC card in a few minutes. It's actually far easier than replacing a passport, unless you're completely in the dark about the process in your state (although, to be fair, most people are). In addition, comparing a piece of paper without security features, that no one can verify, even in another state, not to mention another country, to a passport, is ridiculous. The states with electronic POV are trying to address the problem our disfunctional federal government could not, and the NJ app is far more secure and reliable than a plain piece of paper. BTW, I already confirmed with RC representatives that official state apps are accepted as POV.

The reason other countries accept these stupid cards is because they want your tourist money, not because they trust the card, and the reason it's accepted out-of-state is because federal government says they should. Right now, because vaccine registries are state managed, officials and medical professionals can't even verify the vaccination status of out-of-state visitors.

Edited by cruiseseal