Thoughts on Land of the Midnight Sun on Sky Princess - 2 Week Cruise

rayandshirl

I did the Land of the Midnight Sun cruise on Sapphire Princess in June 2019. It was a wonderful cruise going to many beautiful and intetesting places. Some of the ports such as Geiranger and Flam are not on next years sailing but I found everywhere we went to in Norway was beautiful. It was one of my favourite cruises and I would happily do another Land of the Midnight Sun cruise. I did a review of my cruise if you are interested. 

• Thanks 1

We were on the same cruise and it is one of our favorites (out of over 25 cruises).  Here is my brief write-up:

I'll just add an update on e-bikes mentioned in my reviews of two excursions.  My DH and I both have 2 now!  We have fat tire e-bikes for our daily 9 mile rides on hilly gravel roads in Shenandoah County and commuter/trail e-bikes for bike trails in mostly flat Florida.  My DB also bought one.  First time a cruise has cost us thousands of dollars one and a half years later!

Edited by capriccio
  • Haha 1

We did a 14-day cruise to Norway, though I don't it had that exact title.  OMG.  Norway is stunning.   For beauty, Norway is hands-down the best.  One nice thing is that ship goes pretty slowly in the fjords so you get an even better view of the countryside, homes, etc.  Enjoy!

In total agreement with Purple Traveller - we also were on board the Sapphire and we had an excellent adventure.  It wasn't the nicest day at North Cape but was still nice to visit.  On our return down the Norwegian coast we hit the summer solstice, and it was a spectacular evening with the party continuing on until well after midnight in the full sun.  If there is one place not to miss, its the Viking Museum in the Lofoten Islands.