HAVE IT All Questions

Want2Cruise 701

1 minute ago, Pirokp2 said:

We booked the "have it all" for our 7 day October cruise.   We have $100 each for shore excursions.   I logged on and I see it applied to our account.  Does the $100 apply to only one shore excursion per person, or could we each do two tours?  For example if there were two tours at $49.95 each that we liked, could we use our credit for that?  I am unsure hw the $100 shore excursion credit works.  Thanks!

You can use each $100 credit towards ONE shore excursion. If the one you choose is less than $100, you do not get a credit towards another. If the one you choose is more than $100, you pay the difference. Here is what is in the HAL definition of HIA perks for a 7 day cruise: Up to $100 value per tour or $100 off any tour, per guest in stateroom.

3 hours ago, roxybear135 said:

You can only use it on one.  If the tour is less than $100, you don't get to keep the overage to use on another tour (so I would use it to pay for whatever excursion you want to do that is the most expensive).  If the excursion is over $100, you just pay the difference.

Thank you!!!!  That helps a lot.

3 hours ago, Cruise Suzy said:

You can use each $100 credit towards ONE shore excursion. If the one you choose is less than $100, you do not get a credit towards another. If the one you choose is more than $100, you pay the difference. Here is what is in the HAL definition of HIA perks for a 7 day cruise: Up to $100 value per tour or $100 off any tour, per guest in stateroom.

Thank you!!!!

Here's the fine print: 

"Shore excursion offer is based on cruise duration. For 6–9-day voyages, guests can choose one free shore excursion (up to $100 value) or apply $100 off any one tour. For 10–20-day voyages, guests can choose two free shore excursions (up to $100 value per tour) or apply $100 off each of any two tours. For 21+ day voyages (excluding Grands), guests can choose three free shore excursions (up to $100 value per tour) or apply $100 off each of any three tours. Tour value in US dollars. If excursion chosen has a value of less than $100, you will receive any residual credit for purchasing additional tours onboard your cruise. For guests on a Land & Sea journey, discounts can be applied to optional excursions booked pre-cruise, but not onboard."

Note the bolded sentence.  It clearly states that if you book a tour less than $100, you get the residual to apply towards additional tours.

• Like 2

I’m not sure anyone knows the answer but I’ll ask my question. My friend may decide not to go on our December cruise and I will pay her fare and do by myself. Since we booked under the old HIA program, would there be a fare change since she won’t be using the drink package or specialty restaurants? My TA said I would only pay one port fees but I didn’t ask about the perks. I’m wondering if I should have my TA check the price without HIA and just purchase the drink package on my own. We have until October to make any decisions - that’s when our final payment is due.

54 minutes ago, AnnieBelle said:

I’m not sure anyone knows the answer but I’ll ask my question. My friend may decide not to go on our December cruise and I will pay her fare and do by myself. Since we booked under the old HIA program, would there be a fare change since she won’t be using the drink package or specialty restaurants? My TA said I would only pay one port fees but I didn’t ask about the perks. I’m wondering if I should have my TA check the price without HIA and just purchase the drink package on my own. We have until October to make any decisions - that’s when our final payment is due.

Is your friend going to be in the same cabin as you?

If they are your fellow passenger in your cabin then I believe you both have to do the HIA or not do it.

I would check the Advantage fare with your  TA if she doesn’t want to use the specialty restaurants nor the drink package.

Definitely make a list and ask your TA.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AnnieBelle said:

I travel solo and when rebooking a SA cruise recently, I told my travel agent that I did not want HIA for various reasons. She and the HAL agent looked at the fare with and without HIA and by booking without it, I saved $700.00.  It is definitely worth doing the math.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2021 at 12:15 PM, roxybear135 said:

I was the one who posted the PDF of the drink packages on the other thread.  The question is whether the elite package includes unlimited non-alcoholic drinks (unclear from the PDF that HAL sent me) but the standard beverage package definitely does not include unlimited any more.  If the elite package does, that's something to consider in deciding which package you think is more cost beneficial to you.  Hopefully some people on upcoming cruises can update us on what the elite package includes on their cruise so we have a better idea of whether it includes unlimited non-alcoholic drinks or not.

Right there with you. Sure wish (hope) someone gets a definitive answer. I'm holding off purchasing my beverage package until I know if Elite is unlimited or not. May have to be forced to take the PDF on the ship and stand in line if there are extra charges,

9 minutes ago, figmentdj said:

Right there with you. Sure wish (hope) someone gets a definitive answer. I'm holding off purchasing my beverage package until I know if Elite is unlimited or not. May have to be forced to take the PDF on the ship and stand in line if there are extra charges,

I sent an email to Gus Antorcha yesterday to try to get a definitive answer since I haven't been able to.  I will update here if I receive a response.  It's frustrating how difficult it is to get a clear answer from HAL.  It shouldn't be this hard.

• Like 3