Norwegian Epic Oct 31 2021 Sailing Price Reduction

Cbotts

I'm searching for a little cruise wisdom.  We are booked on the Epic to sail from Barcelona to Athens departing on 10/31/21.  I received notice that the price has dropped by 35%.  When I called I was first told we couldn't get the price reduction because we had air attached.  I asked Why?  Why would that affect the price of the cruise itself since air wouldn't change.  She put me on hold to find out "why".  When she returned she said, Oh, the other reason is because you have made your final payment.  Has anyone had success at getting their price adjusted in a similar situation?

Similar response, only for Getaway.  It's a new policy, since early August.  Basically, from a business perspective, the cost of your airfare was included in their pricing at the time you booked.  Prices went down once it was past the date to include airfare.  So hoping for my bid to go through but fortunately I'm good with what I have.

But I have upgraded in the past, after final payment and with airfare.  

11 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

What are you saying here?  Many of us have upgraded after making final payments.  I just did that a couple of days ago with no problems.

They changed the policy - no upgrade if you took the BOGO airfare.  See #2

10 minutes ago, ChC said:

Tips learnt from this story:

Never ever purchase air ticket package from NCL. Buy your own airfare!

I would have to disagree.  I'm perfectly happy with the flights & prices that I've gotten through NCL.  The moral of the story is to make sure that you are happy with your reservation (price and location) because there are no guarantees of an upgrade/refund (obc or fcc) after final payment.  As my PCC put it - any adjustment is as a courtesy and is never guaranteed.

• Like 1