Stateroom beneath Windjammer - what to expect?

Marga.Anders

On 9/24/2021 at 4:08 AM, Marga.Anders said:

Hi,

We booked a GTY balcony on Wonder of the Seas. We got assigned 14712 and saw that it is right beneath windjammer. I have e-mailed customer service to see if they will move us (no reply yet); but just wondering how bad this is purely noisewise? I am a light sleeper. 

Booking a GTY is always a rollling of the dice, so I am not complaining. Just wondering about your experiences so I can buy heavy duty earplugs if necessary 😉

Tons of noise! Could hear them cleaning all night long.  Did it one time, never again!!!!!!

Try to get them to move you to a like cabin in a different location, you should be able to do that with no issues.

Edited by karena1

16 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

The one sound we hear when we go to sleep up in the loft in a CLS  is the sound of wind blowing through the vent above you.  Weird, but relaxing.

Miss it.

I wondered what that noise was.  Now that you mention it, it did sound like wind. Didn’t bother us, but we could hear the band from the pool deck if we sat on the balcony during the day and that was in an ocean facing CLS. The band wasn’t great.  

Edited by RosieRoo