Would you get a 2 bedroom villa for a couple to save some cash?

Yesimapirate

18 hours ago, chloemonkey said:

omg.....although have been hesitant to admit it....but we have done the GV for TWO! lol oink, oink.....and then some!

NCL sent us an email with an upsell offer to a GV for our 2009 Med cruise on Jade.  We were flying to Munich when they sent the offer.  By the time we'd landed, I'd checked our email, and frantically tried to call Miami from Germany, they'd moved on and sold it to another cruiser.  It was $900 to move from an aft-facing suite to a GV. So close.  That was back when the economy was in the dumps and NCL was practically giving away cabins.  Selfishly, I miss those days.  😂

• Haha 1

Since this thread is about the Haven 2-Bedroom Family Villa's.  I have an interesting tid bit.  Go to the November 27, 2021 Joy sailing.  Check out the price on the Two Bedrooms with veranda and the Two Bedroom with Large Veranda.  The Large Veranda is less expensive then the smaller one.  WHY, less of them were sold.  

This is the key to the NCL pricing.  It is automated.  It is not a person making these decisions.  I find this very interesting.  So when you see higher then normal cabin prices, it is due to less being available.  Supply and Demand.  

1 hour ago, Sthrngary said:

Since this thread is about the Haven 2-Bedroom Family Villa's.  I have an interesting tid bit.  Go to the November 27, 2021 Joy sailing.  Check out the price on the Two Bedrooms with veranda and the Two Bedroom with Large Veranda.  The Large Veranda is less expensive then the smaller one.  WHY, less of them were sold.  

This is the key to the NCL pricing.  It is automated.  It is not a person making these decisions.  I find this very interesting.  So when you see higher then normal cabin prices, it is due to less being available.  Supply and Demand.  

Come on man! Gary, keep it quiet! I noticed that yesterday and I was thing about snapping one up in a few weeks. I had to cancel the Oct 16 cruise since I cannot walk right now. Surgery in mid October should help. Trying to fine something late Nov or early Dec.

Your prose convinced me to do the Haven to Alaska, now maybe Joy in Miami or Bliss in L.A.

Dan

1 hour ago, DanMartin8602 said:

Come on man! Gary, keep it quiet! I noticed that yesterday and I was thing about snapping one up in a few weeks. I had to cancel the Oct 16 cruise since I cannot walk right now. Surgery in mid October should help. Trying to fine something late Nov or early Dec.

Your prose convinced me to do the Haven to Alaska, now maybe Joy in Miami or Bliss in L.A.

Dan

Do Joy Nov 27. 

The prices vary not only by ship, but by room type, and by sailing date, and even within the same sailing date they vary based on the day you are looking at prices. Ballpark is that the Owners Suits and Garden Villa are the most expensive, courtyard rooms are the middle ground, and those cabins either aft or forward facing (but on different floors from the Haven courtyard area) are cheapest. 

Best bet is to find an itinerary you like and watch the prices like a hawk. When it hits a price point you're comfortable with, pull the trigger.

On 9/24/2021 at 4:36 PM, FLcruisergrl said:

Do it! We have a garden villa for 4 in 2022. Oink oink!

Ha! We upgraded to the GV a few years back at Christmas and it was only 2 of us! Do I win the piggie award? Lol (note, we were not allowed to add anyone, even if we wanted to because of the capacity of the ship and lifeboats.

• Like 1