Live From Majestic Princess - The Sept. 26th Last Alaska cruise of 2021 Season

farsight

7 hours ago, nini said:

It is sad that you are allowing the weather and Mother Nature to convince you that Princess is not worthy. I think my palate is very poor and then again... maybe the maybe the food was really just really way off base! Just like we how we feel about Celebrity!

I didn't find the food worthwhile, in most cases I pushed each dish away after a bite or 2.  I find the best comparison to be the aramark of the seas, especially when it comes to the restaurant.  A french restaurant that can't cook duck, the steak place can't deliver a proper filet, and a Chinese place with American Chinese take out.  I had what they called bisque 2 times, in the restaurant and le mer, french place was the worst of the 2 they at least tried to put lipstick on that pig by putting a puff pastry thing on the bowl but that thin salt bath of a soup was gross.  I am not going to get into it about that "chowder" either, horrible. I just wasn't impressed even a little.  And it's ok for me to have that feeling.  You see plenty people saying they had a great time.  I did like the omelet had one each morning, the restaurant made the better one.

The weather is not something princess can't control, I obviously know that and I think I mentioned that. But food quality is.  I am currently looking where to spend my 35%back and the suggestion of LA from LTDAH looks like a good one I see opportunity there and some reasonable rates.  Just dosen't help that most sailings are majestic that I found but I may give her another go.  

• Like 1

@Sea EmeraldPosted pictures previously, but I thought one more photo was called for. I don't know when the last time I had a standard s'more was. They are generally too sweet and I usually take a pass. These are a totally different experience! They were made with homemade marshmallow and were absolutely to die for. Next time we are in Juneau Captain's S'more & Brew (the brew is coffee) will be on our must do list. I made an exception to my do not buy food off the ship policy, and I will be doing it again for these tasty treats. Sitting here I can feel the texture of the thick marsmallow and taste the crispy bacon drizzled with Sea Salt Caramel.

These are my Pavlov's bell! Every time I look at this picture the response is immediate.

@trey420 You should have found these in Juneau!

IMG_20210929_155401.thumb.jpg.2f8db1acac50009cfa8b8c78ea20d0d6.jpg

241021499_381806183523194_5669419455621575918_n.thumb.png.bdebe1e3417e0d5c75969150d20d6733.png

• Like 5

16 hours ago, left the dog at home said:

16 hours ago, left the dog at home said:

For the ports, maybe try one of their trips from the LA area.  I think both Mexican Riviera and CA Coastal have returned. 

Thanks those do look like good options to me.

• Like 1

I scored the port forward cabana on Glacier Bay Day at about 7:30AM. I was surprised by how few premium viewing spots were secured at that time. Great place to share and wander out on deck for the best views and photos.

IMG_20210930_072921.thumb.jpg.a14a78a6f87e9f4dfac5980c06a075ad.jpg

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, trey420 said:

I didn't find the food worthwhile, in most cases I pushed each dish away after a bite or 2.  I find the best comparison to be the aramark of the seas, especially when it comes to the restaurant.  A french restaurant that can't cook duck, the steak place can't deliver a proper filet, and a Chinese place with American Chinese take out.  I had what they called bisque 2 times, in the restaurant and le mer, french place was the worst of the 2 they at least tried to put lipstick on that pig by putting a puff pastry thing on the bowl but that thin salt bath of a soup was gross.  I am not going to get into it about that "chowder" either, horrible. I just wasn't impressed even a little.  And it's ok for me to have that feeling.  You see plenty people saying they had a great time.  I did like the omelet had one each morning, the restaurant made the better one.

The weather is not something princess can't control, I obviously know that and I think I mentioned that. But food quality is.  I am currently looking where to spend my 35%back and the suggestion of LA from LTDAH looks like a good one I see opportunity there and some reasonable rates.  Just dosen't help that most sailings are majestic that I found but I may give her another go.  

There will be a Brand new ship sailing the Mexican Riviera in March. It is the Discovery. Give those bookings a gander.

• Like 2

Has it been your experience while on your Alaska cruise that passengers have been free to do as they wish when in port rather than being limited to taking Princess sponsored excursions? Someone on another recently opened Princess thread mentioned that was their experience on their August cruise in Alaska.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

4 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Has it been your experience while on your Alaska cruise that passengers have been free to do as they wish when in port rather than being limited to taking Princess sponsored excursions? Someone on another recently opened Princess thread mentioned that was their experience on their August cruise in Alaska.

We were free-floating. It would have been the case if we had visited all three ports vice one.

Some ports in other countries have restrictions. Best policy is to become very familiar with the ports you will visit along with the Princess protocols. Most importantly, stay abreast of the changes as everything is a moving target these days! We watch several cruise vloggers that update cruise news every day. We also look around here at CC threads.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, farsight said:

We were free-floating. It would have been the case if we had visited all three ports vice one.

Some ports in other countries have restrictions. Best policy is to become very familiar with the ports you will visit along with the Princess protocols. Most importantly, stay abreast of the changes as everything is a moving target these days! We watch several cruise vloggers that update cruise news every day. We also look around here at CC threads.

I was just curious. We were on the Celebrity Edge in August in the Caribbean on a B3B and passengers were pretty much limited at most ports to Celebrity sponsored tours, with some ports only allowing you to leave the ship if you were on one of those tours. But, if a port authority did allow folks to leave the ship without going on a controlled tour, they were required to wear a mask the entire time once you left the ship. BUT, at the same time no one was required to wear a mask while we were onboard the Edge for our 3 week cruise.

No big deal. Just different pandemic cruise line management styles. Thanks!

• Like 1

My phone takes relatively good pictures in the right hands. Mine are questionable. I didn't take many pictures this trip and could have been more pleased with the results.

We had relatively good weather in Glacier Bay.

IMG_20210930_085536.thumb.jpg.769328979db6f94137d63c2084a0a262.jpg

IMG_20210930_085857.thumb.jpg.a0e54a1e599a2a41415154738600075c.jpg

IMG_20210930_085909.thumb.jpg.5dbac320201e5337202e6672aee3f337.jpg

IMG_20210930_085920.thumb.jpg.db1f6f4c793acfb5d81abb22db9a5057.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, trey420 said:

I think the cancellation of ports and rough seas affected your mood. You didn't feel happy the whole time. You liked being at ports than at sea. I found the main dining room to be good enough that I didn't even need to do specialty dining this time. In my opinion, I was on a fabulous cruise also.

• Like 3

Just now, cruzrbachoua said:

these are the decos that you pay for right?

There are two packages that can be paid for. This is the more expensive one. It adds the beach towel and canvas bag. The bag was very nice and sturdy. The towel was thin and decidedly not luxurious. A  plush towel would have better substantiated the price.

• Like 1