Live From Majestic Princess - The Sept. 26th Last Alaska cruise of 2021 Season

farsight

8 minutes ago, farsight said:

There are two packages that can be paid for. This is the more expensive one. It adds the beach towel and canvas bag. The bag was very nice and sturdy. The towel was thin and decidedly not luxurious. A  plush towel would have better substantiated the price.

great thanks.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, telecheck said:

I think the cancellation of ports and rough seas affected your mood. You didn't feel happy the whole time. You liked being at ports than at sea. I found the main dining room to be good enough that I didn't even need to do specialty dining this time. In my opinion, I was on a fabulous cruise also.

Great Minds! See my Post #197

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, telecheck said:

I think the cancellation of ports and rough seas affected your mood. You didn't feel happy the whole time. You liked being at ports than at sea. I found the main dining room to be good enough that I didn't even need to do specialty dining this time. In my opinion, I was on a fabulous cruise also.

My mood was fine I just didn't like the food.  I have the ability to separate things.  I never complained about service or anything else. I understand weather is not something a cruise line controls.  I also understand when food sucks, and the food sucked.  Shows were great saw both of em even watched the comedian one night.  Those things were fine.  But the food was not that great.  It just wasn't.  It's a opinion just like your "fabulous cruise ", and just as valid.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, farsight said:

More Glacier Bay:

I am happy that at least you had a great time in Glacier Bay.

When my ship entered the bay in early morning, it was raining pretty hard. I was so worried that I might not be able to see the glacier at all. Then the magic happened. The rain stopped once the ship was near the glacier giving me a great opportunity to take pictures. The visibility had improved a lot. Although it was still a bit dark, at least the glacier was clearly visible. Finally there was even a bit of sunshine when the ship was about the leave the bay.

IMG_3161.thumb.JPG.2241b5f627d238b100e00d973f4c5b9a.JPG

IMG_3155.JPG

IMG_3242.JPG

• Like 6

I want to thank everyone that showed up at the meet n greet. It was fantastic meeting you all. I hope you had a fantastic time even though the weather was bad. I got home about 1AM Monday morning, slept for a bit and went to work. Was feeling the swaying a bit yesterday but all good today. Still adjusting to the time change. I used Port Valet service and no issues with receiving my luggage. I used apple air tag tracking devices in my luggage so it was neat to track it to the airport. Hope to meet you all again on future cruises. 

• Like 7

5 hours ago, telecheck said:

I am happy that at least you had a great time in Glacier Bay.

Don't take any of my wording wrong. We had a fantastic time in spite of the weather! Actually, the weather added a special and enjoyable twist to our previous Alaska cruises. It was just really nice to have good visibility in Glacier Bay.

We have been to Alaska 6 times and will be going again. Hope to book the Discovery Princess in May. We may go on some excursions in the future. However, the ship is mostly the destination for us in Alaska. This includes scenic viewing from the ship when conditions permit.

I plan to make a post that clarifies my position. We'll see how that goes.

8 hours ago, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

We have some Fam in Juneau.  Gotta find out if they know about Captains Smores?

Man I'm drooling! 😛

As I said, Pavlov's bell. And, I'm drooling again just quoting you. 🙃

7 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I was just curious. We were on the Celebrity Edge in August in the Caribbean on a B3B and passengers were pretty much limited at most ports to Celebrity sponsored tours, with some ports only allowing you to leave the ship if you were on one of those tours. But, if a port authority did allow folks to leave the ship without going on a controlled tour, they were required to wear a mask the entire time once you left the ship. BUT, at the same time no one was required to wear a mask while we were onboard the Edge for our 3 week cruise.

No big deal. Just different pandemic cruise line management styles. Thanks!

@Ken the cruiserWe really like Celebrity and have sailed the Infinity and the Solstice. I liked Celebrity's approach to the restart. We didn't want to fly yet, and Florida has an approach completely opposite of WA state (nuff said). We want to sail on the Edge so bad we can taste it! I was especially impressed with their capacity limit. Eventually, we'll have our chance when our requirements for travel are met in the future.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, farsight said:

@Ken the cruiserWe really like Celebrity and have sailed the Infinity and the Solstice. I liked Celebrity's approach to the restart. We didn't want to fly yet, and Florida has an approach completely opposite of WA state (nuff said). We want to sail on the Edge so bad we can taste it! I was especially impressed with their capacity limit. Eventually, we'll have our chance when our requirements for travel are met in the future.

I definitely understand. We would have been sailing on Alaska cruises this summer too if we lived in the WA area. For us right now driving is our key mode of getting to our booked cruise ports. That is, of course, until April gets here and we need to fly to SFO to get on the Caribbean Princess for a PC cruise back to Ft Lauderdale. 😎

• Like 1

We are now booked to take advantage of one of the future cruise credits we purchased onboard and the 35% "Bad Weather Rebate" 😁 Princess gave for only visiting one port vice three. We were also able to take advantage of the "Fall Flavors" promotion that ends today. And, the adrenaline just keeps on flowing. We are booked on the May 15, 2021 Discovery Princess to Alaska. Now to find the roll call.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, farsight said:

We are now booked to take advantage of one of the future cruise credits we purchased onboard and the 35% "Bad Weather Rebate" 😁 Princess gave for only visiting one port vice three. We were also able to take advantage of the "Fall Flavors" promotion that ends today. And, the adrenaline just keeps on flowing. We are booked on the May 15, 2021 Discovery Princess to Alaska. Now to find the roll call.

Oops, you are too excited.  We booked for May 15, 2022.  😆  I am hoping some of our new cruise friends can go too!  😃

Edited by Sea Emerald
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, farsight said:

I think that roll call has come and gone. 🙂 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, farsight said:

We are now booked to take advantage of one of the future cruise credits we purchased onboard and the 35% "Bad Weather Rebate" 😁 Princess gave for only visiting one port vice three. We were also able to take advantage of the "Fall Flavors" promotion that ends today. And, the adrenaline just keeps on flowing. We are booked on the May 15, 2022 Discovery Princess to Alaska. Now to find the roll call.

@left the dog at home Are you listening? If your other plans don't pan out...  And, I started the roll call today. 🙃😇 If you wouldn't mind, send me an email @ newk2b@yahoo.com. I have a couple of questions for you.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, milogurd said:

I think that roll call has come and gone. 🙂 

@milogurdYeah, DW caught my mistake. She's got a knack for that. I might add that I keep her gainfully employed so she doesn't fall out of practice. 😁

For the record, I found no roll call (for the correct year) and started one a short while ago.

Your "Location" took me back to the early 70s. Loved FT. Memories are a bit fuzzy, but...

Edited by farsight
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, farsight said:

@left the dog at home Are you listening? If your other plans don't pan out...  And, I started the roll call today. 🙃😇 If you wouldn't mind, send me an email @ newk2b@yahoo.com. I have a couple of questions for you.

Done!!  So excited for you!  We have another cruise scheduled with a friend in January.  She wants to see the new Carnival Radiance.  It's a Mon-Fri Catalina and Ensenada out of Long Beach.  Come join us! 

• Like 1

On 10/4/2021 at 8:29 PM, farsight said:

@geoherb In your live thread, your frequent posts about attending the trivia games peaked our interest! Without your posts, we may not have experienced the most fun we had on the cruise! DW and I can't thank you enough. We had a flipping blast. ...

Great fun, isn't it. I discovered trivia by accident on a Holland America cruise a couple of decades ago. We were playing Scrabble in one of the lounges when it started. I had plenty of time to write down the trivia answers while waiting for my turn. We traded my little scrap of paper with a nearby team for scoring (something not done currently due to Covid), and we ended up winning. I was hooked.

• Like 4