Proof of vaccine?

three ring

21 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

A bit defensive are we?!  No specific group, was a pretty generic question re the title of the thread, but certainly was not referring to terrorists, So Where that came from I’ve no clue.  Be well 

I see no reference to any group or demographic in either the title or the OP. However knowing how some of your citizenry seem overly concerned about certain "groups", one has to wonder at your choice of wording.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, drakes2 said:

When vaccines were available to Canadians it was recommended we take the first one offered which I believe was the AZ. Then Pfizer and Moderna were offered as dose #2 which unfortunately for many of us is still not accepted by the cruiselines but I'm sure that won't be the case going forward. I guess from a cruising perspective I was lucky to get 2 astrazeneca. My DH who no longer cruises received Pfizer as his second shot. 

Really interesting scenario just came to mind.    If you had a mixed 1st and 2nd Dose of AZ and Pfizer and get the 3rd Pfizer booster would you then qualify?     

Just a question I don't know the answer to.

13 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Really interesting scenario just came to mind.    If you had a mixed 1st and 2nd Dose of AZ and Pfizer and get the 3rd Pfizer booster would you then qualify?     

I thought the same thing. I don't qualify at the moment for a booster as no comorbidities nor do I live in a LTC facility and I'm not on any medications.  Have a good immune system from what I know  When and if a booster becomes available for us I will check into it thoroughly. 

5 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

That is the hope of many Canadians, and the Province of Québec is even offering 3rd shots (not booster) for residents who need the additional Pfizer shot in order to travel. Few other provinces are offering 3rd shots, let alone for travel.

However, Celebrity fails to address this issue. While they cover various mix scenarios on the website, they are silent on this particular scenario. Some Canadians faced with this situation are taking the approach that they would simply show the receipts for the two Pfizer shots, but I really don't know if that would be successful. I guess it would depend on the precise wording on the receipts and how closely they are examined by check in staff. I haven't seen any reporting by someone who has tried boarding with an AZ-mRNA-mRNA mix, nor have I been able to find the CDC's stance on this, if in fact they have one. 

Logically, at least for me, the double Pfizer shots should suffice to have the recipient recognized as being fully vaccinated, whether or not there was an earlier, single AZ shot, but that's purely my opinion.