A first look at the Koningsdam Menus

zgscl

2 hours ago, zhuangcorp said:

Can somebody explain specifically what is "fresh market seafood" and "today's catch". Both those items often appear on the menu. 

I wouldn't focus on these...much has changed since these menus were used. We sailed on KDAM in Feb/March...I don't recall those phrases being on the menu then, and the menus we saw were different in a good number of ways.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

I wouldn't focus on these...much has changed since these menus were used. We sailed on KDAM in Feb/March...I don't recall those phrases being on the menu then, and the menus we saw were different in a good number of ways.

Would you include 'better' as one of those differences, from your recent experience?

18 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

Would you include 'better' as one of those differences, from your recent experience?

Food is very subjective, so if I say it was better,  someone else will disagree. I will say we had no problems finding food we liked every night of a 14 day cruise, which included 2 dinners in the Pinnacle, and 2 in Canaletto. My wife was not overly enthusiastic about the choices in Canaletto, but I enjoyed every meal that I ate, and there were a couple nights with more than one item attracted me. That was definitely true in Pinnacle. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Food is very subjective, so if I say it was better,  someone else will disagree. I will say we had no problems finding food we liked every night of a 14 day cruise, which included 2 dinners in the Pinnacle, and 2 in Canaletto. My wife was not overly enthusiastic about the choices in Canaletto, but I enjoyed every meal that I ate, and there were a couple nights with more than one item attracted me. That was definitely true in Pinnacle. 

WRT PG.. You mentioned that more than one item attracted you. Not including entrees, I have read here on CC that you can order as many apps, salads and/or desserts as you'd like. Is that still true, and did you have more than one of any of these?

4 hours ago, KroozNut said:

WRT PG.. You mentioned that more than one item attracted you. Not including entrees, I have read here on CC that you can order as many apps, salads and/or desserts as you'd like. Is that still true, and did you have more than one of any of these?

No. There is a huge quantity of food in Pinnacle.  2 appetizers, 2 sides, plus entree and dessert was plenty for us.

But it's still true,  AFAIK.

15 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Yes, it certainly looks like much has changed!!  
Looking at their cc thread and also the  blog done by theinsidecabin.com, the recent Zuiderdam menus show very few references to the “mystery seafood of the day”. The itinerary included Hawaii and SouthPacific ports, and many of the fish dishes reflect these locales. They’ve included very clear pictures of 35 mdr menus on their website and it was an interesting read. 

42 minutes ago, Dunmore2 said:

Yes, it certainly looks like much has changed!!  
Looking at their cc thread and also the  blog done by theinsidecabin.com, the recent Zuiderdam menus show very few references to the “mystery seafood of the day”. The itinerary included Hawaii and SouthPacific ports, and many of the fish dishes reflect these locales. They’ve included very clear pictures of 35 mdr menus on their website and it was an interesting read. 

I wouldn’t want to think  menus seen on that thread will look anything like that on a short cruise.  I don’t know they had the fish named on the koningsdam menus mar 6 to 20. They may have.  I ate mostly at specialty restaurants.  For sure they didn’t have it named at lunch because I had to ask.  One day at lunch the mdr steward told me the fish was baby shark 😂.