Symphony Questions

je2350

Hello,

sailing next week… just got some OBC and was thinking about doing some specialty dining.   I hav3 a few questions -

• The 3 night , and the chops +1 are no longer offered.  Do you think they will offer on boarding day?
  • I am thinking about Chops, Jamie’s, and or Teppanaki - good choices? ( we have one person in the party who is not very adventurous with food - but these seem like something for everyone)
  • Once I purchase either a package or individual restaurant, is everything included (minus gratuity of course)

thank you

There was a post of a recent cruiser on the Symphony.  It was mentioned they purchased the three night specialty dining once on board.  Sounds like it is a possibility.  Did mention it was only available the first day.  Check once you board.  There is usually a specialty dining table set up to make specialty dining purchases.

Currently they are pushing like crazy onboard for specialty dining and the multiple dining packages were available once you got onboard.  And they were even offering the unlimited package after the first day.  Head to the dining desk as soon as you board or check the app.

We will be sailing on October 9 and were able to purchase the unlimited dining package for us both last week but we had to keep checking. It took a few days of us checking to get it for us both, at one point it only allowed one of us to purchase it but not the other.

I am sure it will be available once your onboard. 

I would also just keep an eye on the cruise planner. I’m on the Symphony at the end of Oct and I’ve noticed that some of the dining packages have disappeared and reappeared a few times over the the past month or so. I don’t know if it’s a glitch or if there’s a limit to how many packages are sold precruise for capacity reasons and it comes back as people cancel or what.  At least for me the 3 night remains available, but the UDP comes and goes (and is currently gone).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RTR 21-0 said:

Was the cost onboard the same as pre-purchase?  Thought I read somewhere it was $109 total for 2 people for 3 restaurants if purchased onboard.  

It’s $109 per person, not for two people. If it were for 2, that would make the price of the 3 night package the same price as one night at Chops for 2!

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, RTR 21-0 said:

Was the cost onboard the same as pre-purchase?  Thought I read somewhere it was $109 total for 2 people for 3 restaurants if purchased onboard.  

I read that post, too, and I truly think the person misunderstood what they were paying.  It would be unprecedented for the 3-package deal to be $55 per person.  

13 hours ago, brillohead said:

I read that post, too, and I truly think the person misunderstood what they were paying.  It would be unprecedented for the 3-package deal to be $55 per person.  

I agree with you.  Some time ago, I purchased what I thought was a great deal from a fast-talking salesman on board only to find out it wasn’t what I thought when I looked at my account balance.  I’ll never actually know if it was my misunderstanding or the salesman misrepresenting the offer.  Live and learn.🙂