38 DAYS OUT & NO CHECK IN?

elaineb

39 minutes ago, Bill Miller said:

The good news, I'm scheduled to sail on the Constellation's first trip in November. I'm confident Celebrity will make this happen. It is essential to their bottom line and note holders. 

Another factor is crew. The crew is held in two weeks quarantine ashore and then an additional two weeks once they arrive on the ship. Sounds like they are gearing up the Constellation on schedule. We will sail away.

The two biggest failures I see, is the lack of communication to us, the customers. And the complete disaster that is owned by the Celebrity IT department. Shameful! 

As my favorite common sense poster Bo says, Bon Voyage.

I'm there with you on 7 Nov, but I don't see that we're being kept in the dark.  The only way I'd feel that way is if they didn't sail.  As it stands now, they say we're sailing, and they've been doing things since mid-July that have provided every indication that that's the plan.  So far, I see nothing different about what we've seen or heard from X about Constellation that is any different than any of the other U.S. restart cruises that have already happened, nor our one companion in all of this delay, Reflection. 

That said, is the IT department a disaster?  Yes, and ... (not yes, but!) they've clearly not only had their own problems, but have been provided with some very poor communications to email and post on the web for consumption by X customers.  You know the IT department isn't making that stuff up (e.g., the original and totally confusing list of acceptable COVID tests) in their group.  Seems there's nobody at the wheel at corporate HQ in charge of messaging.  IT also isn't responsible for the timing of some of the stuff we see, either.  Group booking info (which a bunch of us probably have without knowing it) won't get pushed out until 30 days before the cruise (IT doesn't set that schedule) and they can't turn on the check-in option for us until that happens.

On 9/29/2021 at 1:02 PM, Bo1953 said:

Have you tried reaching out to X about this?

If so, what have they said?

bon voyage

Bo, you are pretty knowledgeable guy, love your posts !

I contacted X and they stated the delay is due to itinerary changes not being finalized.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, m8zenblue said:

I contacted X and they stated the delay is due to itinerary changes not being finalized.

Which sailing are you on? 

If you're on the Reflection on Nov 6th, I'll bring you a tee shirt or hat from a GOOD university in Michigan 😉

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, D C said:

Which sailing are you on? 

If you're on the Reflection on Nov 6th, I'll bring you a tee shirt or hat from a GOOD university in Michigan 😉

Wow, thanx !!!

The best university in Michigan is in Ann Arbor, Go Blue !!!

39 minutes ago, m8zenblue said:

I was thinking it had to be something along those lines which causes delays, but being not on that sailing could not say for sure....

Soon you will be aboard and all the tension will be melting away!

You will have to do a live or semi-live blog for us...

bon voyage